classified ads

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trap Shed Page)

Trading Post
(Please support Trappers World, one of our sponsors for the Trap Shed Page)

Trap Shed Rules

1. All posts made for selling must contain the asking price for the item - this is not Ebay.
2. No electronic media (videos, dvds, audios) will be sold or traded on this forum.
3. Trapperman.com is not responsible for transactions made at this site.
4. This page is intended for the sale, trade or purchase of used trapping equipment and not a place to sell new items, or stuff you manufacture.
5. No Begging for free stuff
6. A post may only be brought to the top purposely three times, and will be locked after the third time. Once a post has been locked or deleted, it cannot be put back on the forum for one month.
7. Make it clear what you wish in the title, not just WTT or WTB
8. The only reply allowed on each thread is a reply by the post initiator. All questions and communications will be done by PMs only. If PMs aren't answered in a timely manner, the poster will be banned from using the Trap Shed. (Exception to Rule #8 - A reply is allowed by a person who sends payment. Once payment sent is posted, the post will be locked.)
9. Except for muzzleloaders, no Guns, or ammunition will be bought/sold/traded on this forum.
10. You are limited to three active threads at any one time for selling/trading/buying items. All posts older than 1 month with no activity will be locked

Print Thread
Hop To
VINTAGE BOOKS #6218029
04/15/18 11:34 AM
04/15/18 11:34 AM
Central Pennsylvania
Nittany Lion Offline OP
Don't call me Mister, Mister
Nittany Lion  Offline OP

Central Pennsylvania

The Rise and Fall of an Empire-The Triumph Story by Floyd Rainey is a 27 page booklet, it measures approximately 8 1/2 inches by 14 inches and is stapled together. It pretty much appears to me that it was home made, by that I mean Mr. Rainey did not use a publisher, but copied the manuscript and sold it on his own. I was told this is how it was marketed. In any event it is interesting indeed and has many pictures and drawings of Triumph Traps. The booklet was written by the request of many collectors who wish to enhance their knowledge of the Triumph Trap. The author has logged over 5,000 hours in a lifetime study of the Triumph Trap Co. plus many seasons field testing the same. $20.00 SHIPPED (MEDIA MAIL). SOLD SOLD SOLD

11 vintage Harding books up for auction.

1. Ferret Facts and Fancies by A. R. Harding, the book is in nice condition but the front cover does have some spotting and a previous owner wrote the date and reference to a page number on the first page, copyright 1943. A book of practical instructions on breeding, raising, handling and selling also their uses and fur value. Soft cover.

2. Ginseng and Other Medicinal Plants by A. R. Harding, copyright 1966, revised edition, soft cover, nice condition, by A. R Harding. A book of valuable information for growers as well as collectors of medicinal roots, barks, leaves, Etc. Soft cover

3. Trails to Successful Trapping by V. E. Lynch, copyright 1935 second edition, nice condition. Published by Harding. Has proven formula for baits, scents and expert methods for making sets. Soft Cover.

4. Steel Traps by A. R Harding, nice condition, a previous owner did put a sticker with his name and address on it on the first page, nice condition, could not locate copyright date. Describes the various makes and tells how to use them, also has chapters on care of pelts. Soft cover.

5. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper (E. N. Woodcock) published by edited by A. R. Harding, nice condition, copyright 1941. This one has a previous owner sticker with name and address on first page. Experiences and observations of E. N. Woodcock the noted hunter and trapper, as written by himself and published in Hunter Trader Trapper from 1903 to 1913. Soft cover.

6. Fur Buyers Guide by A. R. Harding, copyright 1942, nice condition, some soiling on back cover, again a previous put a sticker with his name and address on first page. Complete instructions about buying, handling and grading raw furs, including size, color, quality, as well as when where and hot to sell. Soft cover.

7. Science of Trapping by E. Kreps, published by A. R. Harding. Copyright 1944, revised edition. Good condition. Describes the fur bearing animals, their nature, habits and distribution with practical methods for their capture. Soft cover.

8. Deadfalls & Snares by A. R. Harding copyright 1935, very nice condition. A book of instruction for trappers about deadfalls, snares and other home made traps. Soft cover.

9. Home Tanning and Leather Making Guide by A. B. Farnham, published by A. R. Harding, copyright 1950, nice condition. A book of information for those who wish to tan and make leather from cattle, horse, calf, sheep, goat, deer and other hides and skins. Includes information on how to skin, handle, classify and market. Soft cover

10. Fox Trapping, by A. R. Harding, good condition, the front cover has what looks like a bleach mark and a previous owner put a sticker on the first inside page with his name and address on it. Copyright 1955. A book of instructions telling how to trap, snare, poison and shoot. A valuable book for trappers. Soft cover

11. Camp and Trail Methods by E. Kreps, 6th revised edition 1933, copyright 1944, published by Harding. Hardback, good condition. Interesting information for all lovers of nature. What to take and what to do. Hard cover.

$60.00 for all 11 books the price includes shipping, the books will be mailed "Media Mail".

I accept personal checks, money orders or PayPal.

Last edited by Nittany Lion; 04/16/18 05:29 PM.

I got myself a seniors' GPS.
Not only does it tell me how to get to my destination,
it tells me why I wanted to go there.
Re: VINTAGE BOOKS [Re: Nittany Lion] #6219416
04/16/18 09:03 PM
04/16/18 09:03 PM
Central Pennsylvania
Nittany Lion Offline OP
Nittany Lion  Offline OP

Central Pennsylvania