No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 20 1 2 16 17 18 19 20
Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: harleydparts] #6227746
04/26/18 10:49 PM
04/26/18 10:49 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
Guidelines are very clear and simple. We are all sinners every single one of us. It does not matter if one is a Jew, a Christian, a Muslim, a Hindu, an Agnostic, an Atheist, a Preacher or a Saint. Every single one of us are fallen and are SIN positive and we need a Savior. That Savior is Jesus Christ. He (Jesus) did not come down here to create or make a religion. Jesus was the most anti-religious person probably to ever walk the face of the earth. He came to fulfill prophecy that was laid down in Eden and to save mankind. He came to offer the gift of salvation. Salvation is a gift. One does not have to accept it.

No one is going to go to (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) or be turned into a pillar of salt because of their SIN. They will go to (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) or salt because they refuse to accept the provision that God has given them as a gift for their SIN.

Jesus Christ is our Passover. He was the only SINless/innocent Man to ever walk the face of the earth and He was sacrificed for mine and your sins. It was you and me that put Him on that cross, He died for us.

He is the Son of God and also the sacrificial lamb. He is the blood of the Lamb that was placed on the door at Passover. He is the Rock and also the Way, the Truth, and the Life. His blood covers us and protects us if we accept it. Pretty simple

Resident Conspiracy Theorist
Accused Moron, Nazi, Low IQ, and Putin Fan Boy
Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: harleydparts] #6227852
04/27/18 01:58 AM
04/27/18 01:58 AM
evansville Indiana age72
don Wolf Offline
trapper
don Wolf  Offline
trapper

evansville Indiana age72
What do you think the words, Christ died for our sin's means? Does it mean He died for all sin that was committed before His time or does it mean all sin after His time? Or does it mean for all sin on Earth that will ever be committed? Does it mean that since He died for our sin's,we will all be cleansed of sin once we die? God is all loving and all forgiving if we believe in him. With that said, if we really Believe in God, we should all make it to Heaven someday. I am Catholic in my beliefs and I think we will All have to do a bit of penance once we die. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me, because the Bible tells us that God died on the cross for our sin's. If He already died for our sin's, then why do we have to pay for our sin's by doing penance before we can enter the gates of Heaven. Sounds like double jeopardy to me.

Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: harleydparts] #6227863
04/27/18 05:22 AM
04/27/18 05:22 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

We don't stop sinning after we accept Christ and ask for forgiveness. There begins a change in us however for some there is as much as 32 years in between accepting and understanding what that really means. lol

While there are plenty of "don't dos" in the Bible there are many "please dos" from the Holy Spirit that are ignored or "disobeyed."

Can an innocent man that spent 20 years in jail commit murder when he is released because he already paid the price?

Last edited by HobbieTrapper; 04/27/18 05:23 AM.

-Goofy-
Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: harleydparts] #6227929
04/27/18 08:27 AM
04/27/18 08:27 AM

M
MsgRet
Unregistered
MsgRet
Unregistered
M

Such learned Biblical scholars on here made this an interesting read. Anybody remember the movie "Inherit the Wind"?

Last edited by MsgRet; 04/27/18 08:31 AM.
Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: don Wolf] #6227942
04/27/18 08:45 AM
04/27/18 08:45 AM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
Originally Posted By: don Wolf
What do you think the words, Christ died for our sin's means? Does it mean He died for all sin that was committed before His time or does it mean all sin after His time? Or does it mean for all sin on Earth that will ever be committed? Does it mean that since He died for our sin's,we will all be cleansed of sin once we die? God is all loving and all forgiving if we believe in him. With that said, if we really Believe in God, we should all make it to Heaven someday. I am Catholic in my beliefs and I think we will All have to do a bit of penance once we die. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me, because the Bible tells us that God died on the cross for our sin's. If He already died for our sin's, then why do we have to pay for our sin's by doing penance before we can enter the gates of Heaven. Sounds like double jeopardy to me.

Mr. Wolf, I think it means that He died for all our sins, even the sin of the unborn that hasn’t even committed the sin yet. Before Jesus died, He said “It is finished.” In the Greek, which is what John was probably writing, the word Tetelestai also is used in monetary transactions and means “Paid in Full.”

Sure as followers of Christ, we will stumble along the way. But if we truly and deeply have faith and try to follow God’s Word it will change our lives for the better, and when we do stumble, I believe He will forgive us because that is what He promised. But we must be sincere and truly regretful for our actions. Only God knows the heart and how we really think and feel.

We live by faith and knowing that God keeps his promises. We don’t live by so called "facts", we live by His promises.

Resident Conspiracy Theorist
Accused Moron, Nazi, Low IQ, and Putin Fan Boy
Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: James] #6227954
04/27/18 09:00 AM
04/27/18 09:00 AM
PA
P
PAskinner Offline
trapper
PAskinner  Offline
trapper
P

PA
Originally Posted By: James
Waggler, you are right... so long as you don't think the Bible is in all places the literal word of a divine Creator.

Jim

Depends what you mean by that. I don't think anyone believes every word in the Bible was spoken by God. That would be kind of silly, for a book that is recording events and other people's words. It is called the word of God because we believe God inspired the writings and preserved them. I would say it's inerrant in it's original form. The important thing to me is that the scriptures are inspired and inhabited by the Spirit. So, only with the Spirit's guidance can one fully receive what is meant for him in the Word.

Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.
Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: don Wolf] #6227959
04/27/18 09:06 AM
04/27/18 09:06 AM
PA
P
PAskinner Offline
trapper
PAskinner  Offline
trapper
P

PA

Doing penance or Good works will never merit heaven for you, and this is where the Catholics get it wrong. They are told to rely on Christ, but also on the sacraments and their good deeds. We should do good works out of love for God, not out of fear of being rejected. Jesus died for the sins of all people, even in the past people were justified by believing the promise. But, that doesn't mean all will be saved, only those who believe. It's a gift, but one that has to be accepted.

Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.
Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: harleydparts] #6228020
04/27/18 09:40 AM
04/27/18 09:40 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Another question.

Many have felt the Spirit and governed their life believing that "Feeling" was guiding them, were they condemned because they didn't know His name?

-Goofy-
Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: PAskinner] #6228026
04/27/18 09:44 AM
04/27/18 09:44 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted By: PAskinner

Doing penance or Good works will never merit heaven for you, and this is where the Catholics get it wrong. They are told to rely on Christ, but also on the sacraments and their good deeds. We should do good works out of love for God, not out of fear of being rejected. Jesus died for the sins of all people, even in the past people were justified by believing the promise. But, that doesn't mean all will be saved, only those who believe. It's a gift, but one that has to be accepted.

Right on, brother. Couldn't have said it any better.

The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never let the dumbest ones lead the pack.
Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: James] #6228067
04/27/18 10:25 AM
04/27/18 10:25 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted By: James
"So, when we come to a passage such as Christ at the last Passover, announcing 'this is my body' and 'this is my blood', we fully understand that He is not speaking literally."

Who is that "we"? You aren't including the largest denomination of Christians on the planet.

Catholic doctrine is that the hosts shared at modern Communion still, are the literal body and blood of Christ.

Jim

Lutherans, which is an offshoot of the Catholic church believe the same thing.
I agree with most of what he's stated except when he picks and chooses what's literal and what's symbolic or figurative.

The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never let the dumbest ones lead the pack.
Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: harleydparts] #6228099
04/27/18 11:31 AM
04/27/18 11:31 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
When Jesus said, 'this is my body' and 'this is my blood' He was speaking symbolically, IMO. The bread and wine weren't obviously His real body or blood, but an example. No different than if I were to google map my house, show it to you, and tell you, "This is my house." It's not really my house, but an example of my house.

My point was that the difference between literal and figurative sometimes becomes a matter of interpretation as it is with Catholics and Lutherans differing from others such as Baptists, etc. I prefer to make my own judgement on what Jesus meant when he said this, not having to research a bunch of verses to make my point. It's OK if you want to do that, but for me it's not necessary, I just believe it.

I partake of the bread and wine because Jesus said to do this in commemoration of Him. It's like a remembrance. I sometimes think of this as a reverent toast to Him for what He did.

Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: harleydparts] #6228118
04/27/18 11:59 AM
04/27/18 11:59 AM
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Tweed Offline
trapper
Tweed  Offline
trapper

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
If God's purpose for the earth was to have perfect humans to fill the earth and subdue it, effectively extending Eden, and living forever on it then why do so many believe that the good go to heaven?

Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: Tweed] #6228150
04/27/18 01:00 PM
04/27/18 01:00 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted By: Tweed
If God's purpose for the earth was to have perfect humans to fill the earth and subdue it, effectively extending Eden, and living forever on it then why do so many believe that the good go to heaven?

Originally, man was perfect. Then sin entered into the world, causing death to mankind and every living thing on the earth. Since all of mankind are the descendants, we all die. Prior to that there was no physical death.

Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: Tweed] #6228160
04/27/18 01:13 PM
04/27/18 01:13 PM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted By: Tweed

We will be made perfect, He will subdue the earth and Create again the Garden, where we will return.

-Goofy-
Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: harleydparts] #6228290
04/27/18 04:57 PM
04/27/18 04:57 PM
SWMo.
T
tjm Offline
trapper
tjm  Offline
trapper
T

SWMo.
I see the thread has abandoned the creation/evolution question and moved on to salvation.

So, the consensus is that the Bible is not all literal truth?
And that "we" or "I" get to chose (interpret) what is or is not literally true?
Kind of; "I believe it's all Truth, but this and this are make believe literary devices." Aren't literary devices all by their very nature lies?

A mention of clear instruction on some things being figurative baffles me, I think I missed or misunderstood the instructions. Examples or explanation would be welcome.

Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: harleydparts] #6228308
04/27/18 05:35 PM
04/27/18 05:35 PM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline
trapper
yukon254  Offline
trapper
Y

Yukon
The bible is pretty clear. John 6:65 "This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them." Same goes for understanding. Natural man cant do it. Heres a good book on it.
http://www.hiddenhillssgbaptistchurch.or...derstanding.htm

do unto others as you would have them do unto you

www.grizzlycreeklodge.com
Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: harleydparts] #6228312
04/27/18 05:38 PM
04/27/18 05:38 PM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Actually the thread answer no questions that were unknown prior.

The Bible does answer some questions regarding creation timeline and possible evolution of some species, depending on who is asking the questions. lol

-Goofy-
Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: Ditchdiver] #6228359
04/27/18 07:04 PM
04/27/18 07:04 PM
GA
C
canebrake Offline
trapper
canebrake  Offline
trapper
C

GA
Originally Posted By: Ditchdiver
Originally Posted By: grisseldog
It takes more faith to believe in evolution than to believe in God..
And I think you answered your own question. It didn't evolve.
God created it.
Exactly. And I'll add, God never intended for us to have all the answers.

Exactly. I don't pretend to know how or why God does everything. If I did, he wouldn't be God. I would be as smart as He is. A lot of atheists are arrogant enough to think that if they can't understand it, then it can't possibly be true.

Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: HobbieTrapper] #6228450
04/27/18 09:14 PM
04/27/18 09:14 PM
Northern Virginia
J
Jarhead620 Offline
trapper
Jarhead620  Offline
trapper
J

Northern Virginia
Hobbie, if I have to explain to you why comparing a black woman to a monkey is racist then you have self-identified as one (a racist).

Jarhead

"Just as the deer herd lives in mortal fear of its wolves, so does a mountain live in mortal fear of its deer." Aldo Leopold
Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: harleydparts] #6228456
04/27/18 09:18 PM
04/27/18 09:18 PM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

It read to me like he was suggesting the missing link might look similar to her. I didn't realize he referenced her color.

You are going to see what you want to see. Perhaps the racist is in the mirror.

-Goofy-
Page 18 of 20 1 2 16 17 18 19 20
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread