No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 20 of 20 1 2 18 19 20
Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: tjm] #6228746
04/28/18 11:31 AM
04/28/18 11:31 AM
PA
P
PAskinner Offline
trapper
PAskinner  Offline
trapper
P

PA
Originally Posted By: tjm
Quote:
Why do we have to suddenly turn this thread into a racist thread? For the life of me I just don't see how this can happen. all this will do is get this thread abolished.

Maybe it's an attempt at establishing an argument for the evolution theory; as opposed to all man kind being descended from Noah. I think the Creationist story of the Bible establishes a single race of mankind. In my understanding the entire Bible is the story of not only a single race but of a single family and its many branches.
Evolutionist are bound to try to disprove the single family, to allow it would be to verify the Creation story.

Darwin's theory's were very racist when put into practice. He was basically a white supremacist. In the descent of the species he claims: "highest races and the lowest savages” differ in “moral disposition … and in intellect.
The gap will eventually be between civilized man “and some ape as low as a baboon, instead of as at present between the negro or Australian and the gorilla” (201). In other words he thinks blacks are not much more advanced than primates.

Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.
Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: Yes sir] #6228868
04/28/18 05:48 PM
04/28/18 05:48 PM
evansville Indiana age72
don Wolf Offline
trapper
don Wolf  Offline
trapper

evansville Indiana age72
Originally Posted By: Yes sir
Don Yes we are called to love God but my understanding is that if we accept Jesus as are Savior and what he did on the cross for us then and only then we can have complete assurance of our salvation. We can't be saved by our works but works are a sign of our true love for Christ. Hope this helps sir.
I really do believe that Jesus is our savior and he died on the cross for our sins. Why would anybody think anything different than that? I personally think that our work and actions towards our fellow humans has a lot to do with us going to Heaven. I have always tried to show great compassion for any person that needs help. I have always tried my best to make sure that any person that I come in contact with is treated just like I like to be treated. Not with any kind of contempt but with Love or with Love the best way I know how.
As far as somebody saying that God wants us all to be like children, isn't asking us to act like children but to be pure of heart as much as a 5 year old child is. Sorry to say though, I have seen some pretty outrageous 5 year old in my life. Maybe he should have dropped that age down a couple of years.
Once again, how will I know that I love God as much as I need to?

Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: tjm] #6228889
04/28/18 06:18 PM
04/28/18 06:18 PM
IL - Shawnee Ntl Forest
ShawneeMan Offline
trapper
ShawneeMan  Offline
trapper

IL - Shawnee Ntl Forest
Quote:
because it's all by faith.

And according to your description of your Catholic relatives they are acting on Faith. Truth be examined all religions are based on faith. Some have faith in this and some have faith in that. It's all faith.

Oh they have faith - but not in Christ - their faith is in a man-made church that says they might get into Heaven if they do this or that, remain faithful to a doctrine that the church says is the way to God, let the church interpret what the Bible says, go through the leadership of the church for salvation, etc.
The difference is huge.
Will there be Catholics in Heaven? Absolutely - because they don't all believe that the church is their salvation - only Christ.

Shawnee National Forest - We live out here because we're not all there.
http://www.ripcordassociation.com
101 Pathfinder Det / Vietnam 1969 - 1971
Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: don Wolf] #6228940
04/28/18 08:01 PM
04/28/18 08:01 PM
IL - Shawnee Ntl Forest
ShawneeMan Offline
trapper
ShawneeMan  Offline
trapper

IL - Shawnee Ntl Forest
Originally Posted By: don Wolf
Originally Posted By: Yes sir
Don Yes we are called to love God but my understanding is that if we accept Jesus as are Savior and what he did on the cross for us then and only then we can have complete assurance of our salvation. We can't be saved by our works but works are a sign of our true love for Christ. Hope this helps sir.
I really do believe that Jesus is our savior and he died on the cross for our sins. Why would anybody think anything different than that? I personally think that our work and actions towards our fellow humans has a lot to do with us going to Heaven. I have always tried to show great compassion for any person that needs help. I have always tried my best to make sure that any person that I come in contact with is treated just like I like to be treated. Not with any kind of contempt but with Love or with Love the best way I know how.
As far as somebody saying that God wants us all to be like children, isn't asking us to act like children but to be pure of heart as much as a 5 year old child is. Sorry to say though, I have seen some pretty outrageous 5 year old in my life. Maybe he should have dropped that age down a couple of years.
Once again, how will I know that I love God as much as I need to?

Don - You've answered your own question...
I really do believe that Jesus is our savior and he died on the cross for our sins.
I have always tried my best to make sure that any person that I come in contact with is treated just like I like to be treated. Not with any kind of contempt but with Love or with Love the best way I know how.

The unrepentant sinner does not act this way nor think this way. You have confessed Christ as your Saviour right here on this forum - something the unrepentant sinner will never do. You can rest in Him because your faith, regardless of denomination, is Him and not a church. I don't place my faith in a denomination or any church - only in Christ.

Read your Bible... especially the New Testament and when you get to First John remember this...
1 John 3:17
"These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God."
Notice John states that ye may KNOW that ye have eternal life. What did John write? Ask the Holy Spirit to open up the Word to you when you read it...

As far as somebody saying that God wants us all to be like children, isn't asking us to act like children but to be pure of heart as much as a 5 year old child is.

That is EXACTLY right!! The most powerful prayer that can be said is the prayer of a child because it's not cluttered up with meaningless vocabulary. A child simply talks to God in their own way.

Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: James] #6228947
04/28/18 08:08 PM
04/28/18 08:08 PM
IL - Shawnee Ntl Forest
ShawneeMan Offline
trapper
ShawneeMan  Offline
trapper

IL - Shawnee Ntl Forest
Originally Posted By: James
Science is not based on faith, except for faith in the method. Science gives us answers that aren't found in old religious texts.

I don't mean to put down the Bible or those who believe in it, but the Bible is not a good guide for explaining the natural world. Creationism provides no answers, except God did it by a word, thought, or snap of his fingers. The Bible doesn't explain how God did it--how the natural world came to be and how it operates are what science strives to learn.

Jim

Jim - the world we live in is full of things. Some are animate (animals, plants humans, etc) and some are inanimate (mountains, dirt, clouds)
Where does science say the spark of life comes from - the spark that gives life to animate things?

Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: harleydparts] #6229136
04/29/18 01:40 AM
04/29/18 01:40 AM
evansville Indiana age72
don Wolf Offline
trapper
don Wolf  Offline
trapper

evansville Indiana age72
[q I always talk to God in my own way. I always open my dialogue with the Lords prayer. I then talk to him as a friend and always end my talk with him with a thank you for listening to me for I know that I am not worthy, But please help me in anyway you can.

Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: harleydparts] #6237980
05/11/18 12:29 PM
05/11/18 12:29 PM

M
MsgRet
Unregistered
MsgRet
Unregistered
M

I think the thread answers the question of why there are so many Christian denominations and, for that matter, so many religions. Interpretation.

Last edited by MsgRet; 05/11/18 12:30 PM.
Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: harleydparts] #6238029
05/11/18 02:33 PM
05/11/18 02:33 PM
KS
T
TurTLe Offline
trapper
TurTLe  Offline
trapper
T

KS
I'm a believer, and I'm also a scientist. I don't know why both have to be mutually exclusive.

It is interesting reading these threads and realizing how many people have no clue how evolution actually works.

It is undeniable that "evolution" happens on a micro scale. How else would we be creating "super bugs" through the use of anti bacterial soaps? That in itself is the exact meaning of survival of the fittest. The core principle of evolution.

It's hard to think of evolution on the macro scale, because it happens so slowly. However, just look at the human race. Look at how different we look from region to region, climate to climate. How could that have happened without mutation and survival of the fittest? If we all came from Adam and Eve, how could their offspring be so different?

No reason God couldn't have used the passing of genes, and mutations to create the perfection that we see all around us.

Lifetime Member of the NTA, FTA, Kansas Furharvesters,and the Arizona Trappers Association.

Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: harleydparts] #6238083
05/11/18 04:42 PM
05/11/18 04:42 PM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
I believe Darwin's theory of evolution. I beleive a fosile when I see one. I pray to God several times per day. I studied chemistry, physics, geology, and biology in hs and college. I also was a philosophy minor with lots of religion corses.

It is not a conflict to me. The person several pages back who said we should live by the Ten Command!ents was right.

Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: tjm] #6247788
05/25/18 08:51 PM
05/25/18 08:51 PM
Northern Virginia
J
Jarhead620 Offline
trapper
Jarhead620  Offline
trapper
J

Northern Virginia
So, out of curiosity, I looked back through all this til I found the comment involved.
Turns out there was no, zero, nada mention of race or color, the man gave a name and made a comment; on it's own the name could possibly refer to anyone or or even a place, yet some have chosen to construct it as belonging to a specific person and then going further to insert a color to fit that person and assigning a race designation to the color.
I guess that one can build a race argument on any thing if one tries hard enough. " rice is white." racism at its best, eh?

Oh it was an ape in the comment, so the monkey is more make believe.

Yet Hal can come on here and infer that some others are apes and no "race card' thrown down? Is that because he is a celebrity or because of some other senseless notion?

Oh come on. Are you that dense? The name that was used (Moochelle) is what the racists on here and elsewhere use to refer to the former first lady. She is a black woman. Is that correct? Also, the species of the referenced primates has nothing to do with Anti's intent. Actually, there was no ape in the comment, only monkeys. So you are batting zero here.

Jarhead

Last edited by Jarhead620; 05/28/18 12:35 PM.

"Just as the deer herd lives in mortal fear of its wolves, so does a mountain live in mortal fear of its deer." Aldo Leopold
Page 20 of 20 1 2 18 19 20
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread