No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Orthopedic surgeons [Re: hrdtoflw] #6221828
04/19/18 06:15 PM
04/19/18 06:15 PM
Suffolk new york
M
Miley Offline
trapper
Miley  Offline
trapper
M

Suffolk new york
Use a neurosurgeon not a orthopedic. Like I found out if you have lower back herniations , the longer it goes untreated the more nerve damage you will incur. Drop foot and incontinence are possibilities. Good luck to you sir!

Re: Orthopedic surgeons [Re: hrdtoflw] #6221881
04/19/18 07:34 PM
04/19/18 07:34 PM
Northern Ohio ...
S
Sullivan K Offline
"Keith"
Sullivan K  Offline
"Keith"
S

Northern Ohio ...
I went through injections, in my back. Then exercises to get things back I shape. The exercises certainly helped. The thing I most credit helping to keep my get back in shape is my mattress. I got a very hard mattress, an I mean hard--firm.. It was a bit to get used to, but now, the thing is great. I can feel my back being pushed into the position the doctors wanted by doing the exercises. Once you get used the hard mattress, and it takes a while, I believe it will help your back. It helped mine.

My name ain't Keith
Re: Orthopedic surgeons [Re: hrdtoflw] #6222776
04/21/18 12:03 AM
04/21/18 12:03 AM
WI>>>MN >>>WI
T-Rex Offline
trapper
T-Rex  Offline
trapper

WI>>>MN >>>WI
If all it takes is a hard mattress; move to Barbados. I swear there ain't a hotel on the entire island that doesn't use morgue slabs for mattresses.

Man who mistake shillelagh for fairy wand; see pixie dust, also.
Re: Orthopedic surgeons [Re: Miley] #6222864
04/21/18 06:31 AM
04/21/18 06:31 AM
Virginia
A
acrews145 Offline
trapper
acrews145  Offline
trapper
A

Virginia
Originally Posted By: Miley
Use a neurosurgeon not a orthopedic. Like I found out if you have lower back herniations , the longer it goes untreated the more nerve damage you will incur. Drop foot and incontinence are possibilities. Good luck to you sir!

Not all herniations need surgery or cause nerve damage. If there are no signs of nerve impingement like numbness or weakness, it is unlikely surgery will do anything. Those are both possibilities if there is cord involvement. A neurosurgeon can do nothing but surgery or injections which is why that is usually what they do. They figure it's not going to hurt anything but many are unhappy with the results. I see tons of people each day with back pain who don't want to do the therapy because they don't think it will help. Have 2 herniated disks myself and have had 2 compression fractures, all managed with therapy.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread