ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Dropping identification #6234455
05/06/18 11:36 AM
05/06/18 11:36 AM
South Dakota
_
_fletch_ Offline OP
trapper
_fletch_  Offline OP
trapper
_

South Dakota
Had a customer ask me to investigate what was leaving droppings all over her back porch table. Above the table was a can light, and the can light trim allowed enough gap around the lamp for a bat to roost every now and then and deposit it's droppings. There was no bat there when I removed the lamp so I screened off the excess gap. While I was there however, I noticed a few piles of the droppings pictured below. They are about the size of a half dollar... not on the table below the light, but spread about the porch aggregate floor. There was a tuft or two of what appeared to be rabbit fur present as well (or possibly squirrel). This is an elevated porch with no steps... only accessible from the upstairs of the home. Otherwise something would have to climb the columns. I can't say I've seen feces quite like this before. Could it be squirrel? I don't get a lot of squirrel calls but it looks to long and puddled for squirrel. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by _fletch_; 05/06/18 11:36 AM.
Re: Dropping identification [Re: _fletch_] #6234669
05/06/18 04:51 PM
05/06/18 04:51 PM
NM
H
HD_Wildlife Offline
trapper
HD_Wildlife  Offline
trapper
H

NM
Fletch, they look like bird droppings to me. I do lots of pigeon work and those aren’t out of line for size and shape, though some pigeons make me wonder if they are the size of a dog with some of what comes out of them.

I’d be thinking bird of some sort... tried to blow up pic but based on what I can see and the squiggly piled shape and appearance....

On the Bat can lights, had one guy with 4-7 bats per light can on a new porch addition next to a lake. Smaller myotis Yuma I think and they loved those cans! Owner was rarely there so they were perfect! 20+ cans, 80-90% had bats. After season covers were added after removing bulbs and assuring no bats. Let’s the light through but no Bat roosts anymore.

They are adaptable! That is for sure!

Re: Dropping identification [Re: _fletch_] #6234881
05/06/18 09:40 PM
05/06/18 09:40 PM
Southwest Michigan
M
Michigan Trappin Offline
trapper
Michigan Trappin  Offline
trapper
M

Southwest Michigan
Is day birds too, doesn't look like any bat droppings I've seen

Every day is a gift from GOD, don't waste it!!

If they have plenty of food, give them something interesting to smell
Re: Dropping identification [Re: _fletch_] #6235127
05/07/18 12:02 PM
05/07/18 12:02 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
Not Squirrel, Sq is tubular with pointy ends, 3/16 to 5/16 inch's long.

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Re: Dropping identification [Re: _fletch_] #6235136
05/07/18 12:15 PM
05/07/18 12:15 PM
South Dakota
_
_fletch_ Offline OP
trapper
_fletch_  Offline OP
trapper
_

South Dakota
Alright, thanks Justin, Michigan and Bob. Don't know why I didn't think about bird, but I thought they were typically not that dark? Anyway, I'll pass the information along to her. Thanks!!!

Re: Dropping identification [Re: _fletch_] #6238754
05/12/18 08:20 PM
05/12/18 08:20 PM
New Hampshire
Coondog6 Offline
trapper
Coondog6  Offline
trapper

New Hampshire
If they were straighter, I would say weasel.

The measure of a man is what he will do when he knows he won't get caught.

Coondog6
www.BestWayWildlife.com
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread