Strictly Trapping

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)

TrappersPost
Please support Trappers post, a sponsor of the Strictly Trapping Forum

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Gland Lures [Re: Zimmer] #6263186
06/19/18 08:43 PM
06/19/18 08:43 PM
montana
A
andy weiser Offline
trapper
andy weiser  Offline
trapper
A

montana
Originally Posted By: Zimmer
I use Andy's Red Fox Gland and Bob Jamison's Red Devil RF Gland AND both their Bob Cat Gland at many locations - I feel there's enough variety between these 4 lures to keep things interesting - last season I upped the BC Gland lure usage and was surprised how good it worked...especially on the hot locations - I use these 4 lures all season and happy!

Thanks for the business Zimmer.

Re: Gland Lures [Re: tjm] #6263188
06/19/18 08:45 PM
06/19/18 08:45 PM
montana
A
andy weiser Offline
trapper
andy weiser  Offline
trapper
A

montana
Originally Posted By: tjm
I find coyotes (and fox) after Christmas are iffy quality and season closes Jan 31, so starting off like it is a 30 day deal between Thanksgiving and Christmas makes me use all the best or most hopeful sets and lures right from the start.
I speculate that if I was a good trapper by the third week they should most all be caught anyhow, and if I'm not so good more days won't produce much more fur anyhow.
All sets after Christmas aimed at cats, which I'm told don't prime here til after season.

If I were in that same situation I would do the exact same thing as you.

Re: Gland Lures [Re: Zimmer] #6263214
06/19/18 09:28 PM
06/19/18 09:28 PM
East of the Mason-Dixon Line
DelawareRob Offline
trapper
DelawareRob  Offline
trapper

East of the Mason-Dixon Line
Originally Posted By: Zimmer
I use Andy's Red Fox Gland and Bob Jamison's Red Devil RF Gland AND both their Bob Cat Gland at many locations - I feel there's enough variety between these 4 lures to keep things interesting - last season I upped the BC Gland lure usage and was surprised how good it worked...especially on the hot locations - I use these 4 lures all season and happy!

Just what I need! More lures to add to my list. Thanks

Who is John Galt?

You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to the level of your training.

Semper Paratus
Re: Gland Lures [Re: tjm] #6263223
06/19/18 09:40 PM
06/19/18 09:40 PM
North Missouri
L
longbow31 Offline
trapper
longbow31  Offline
trapper
L

North Missouri
Originally Posted By: tjm
I find coyotes (and fox) after Christmas are iffy quality and season closes Jan 31, so starting off like it is a 30 day deal between Thanksgiving and Christmas makes me use all the best or most hopeful sets and lures right from the start.
I speculate that if I was a good trapper by the third week they should most all be caught anyhow, and if I'm not so good more days won't produce much more fur anyhow.
All sets after Christmas aimed at cats, which I'm told don't prime here til after season.

Agree with that 100 percent tjm. Our window for good hides is very very short. It's a hit'em when you can and use your best stuff. I really like glands, and bobcat gland does really well for me here.

Re: Gland Lures [Re: gkempf] #6276561
07/10/18 08:56 PM
07/10/18 08:56 PM
louisiana
K
Kirk Offline
trapper
Kirk  Offline
trapper
K

louisiana
I actually use bobcat gland lure and grey fox urine that I spike with grey fox gland lure on my coyote sets and have had really good success with it

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Drifter, Wolfdog91