No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Hoo-Rah, gotta love the spirit of this young lady [Re: gryhkl] #6242284
05/17/18 04:55 PM
05/17/18 04:55 PM
Wheaton Ks
L
lee steinmeyer Offline
trapper
lee steinmeyer  Offline
trapper
L

Wheaton Ks
Originally Posted By: gryhkl
I like her looks=pretty
If it was just about carrying, she could have done so without a rifle slung across her back as she did as conspicuously as she could=attention seeker.
Anyone who is opposed to gun procession would likely be even more so after seeing this display. Some folks who don't give lawful gun ownership a second thought might become anti-gun after seeing the display=absolutely no help for lawful gun owners.

That's pretty much how I see such acts.
'

You live too close to "liberal land", depending on what end of Pa your on, you prolly live there! That's it, we're supposed to tuck and run from them??? That will be a cold day in you know where. She gets high marks from me for standing up to the very demented people that are in our face with this second amendment stupidity. If you want to cower to them, that's your choice, but don't try to tell me that she overdid it. We all need to get proactive. The wimps that can't stand the sight of a scary ar are just the idgets that need it shown to them that the gun she was carrying, didn't just jump off her shoulder and kill some people! Jeesh!

YOU CAN IGNORE REALITY, BUT YOU CANNOT IGNORE THE CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING REALITY.

http://www.lptraplinesupply.com
Re: Hoo-Rah, gotta love the spirit of this young lady [Re: gryhkl] #6242286
05/17/18 04:56 PM
05/17/18 04:56 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline OP
trapper
Catch22  Offline OP
trapper

OH
I like her looks=pretty
If it was just about carrying, she could have done so without a rifle slung across her back as she did as conspicuously as she could=attention seeker.
Anyone who is opposed to gun procession would likely be even more so after seeing this display. Some folks who don't give lawful gun ownership a second thought might become anti-gun after seeing the display=absolutely no help for lawful gun owners.

Yeah your right, a closet lover of the 2nd would have done so much better and got a message out to the masses. LOL. I support our rights secretively. laugh

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Hoo-Rah, gotta love the spirit of this young lady [Re: gryhkl] #6242337
05/17/18 06:38 PM
05/17/18 06:38 PM
OK
Aaron Proffitt Offline
trapper
Aaron Proffitt  Offline
trapper

OK
I like her looks=pretty

Didn't read the article ,did ya

Honor a Soldier. Be the kind of American worth fighting for.
Re: Hoo-Rah, gotta love the spirit of this young lady [Re: gryhkl] #6242383
05/17/18 07:55 PM
05/17/18 07:55 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
I like her looks=pretty

Your milquetoast perceptions on rights are a statists dream come true.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Hoo-Rah, gotta love the spirit of this young lady [Re: Catch22] #6242388
05/17/18 08:01 PM
05/17/18 08:01 PM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA
It's kind of like the homosexuals. As much as I hate the idea of of their lifestyle, as an American, I know they have every right to date, love, and whatever else, with whomever else they choose.
I do have a problem when they march in their parades and draw attention to their acts that so many of us find so disturbing.

If people start walking around in public like this super-2nd amendment hero, there will be even more pressure to pass gun control laws.

Re: Hoo-Rah, gotta love the spirit of this young lady [Re: gryhkl] #6242395
05/17/18 08:16 PM
05/17/18 08:16 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
It's kind of like the homosexuals. As much as I hate the idea of of their lifestyle, as an American, I know they have every right to date, love, and whatever else, with whomever else they choose.
I do have a problem when they march in their parades and draw attention to their acts that so many of us find so disturbing.

If people start walking around in public like this super-2nd amendment hero, there will be even more pressure to pass gun control laws.

That's the thing about stepping on people's rights. When they get a belly full they quit being polite.

We've been polite for too long.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Hoo-Rah, gotta love the spirit of this young lady [Re: Catch22] #6242399
05/17/18 08:25 PM
05/17/18 08:25 PM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA
So, I take it that most here believe this kind of spectacle serves to gain support for less restrictive gun laws? I have to disagree.

Re: Hoo-Rah, gotta love the spirit of this young lady [Re: Catch22] #6242425
05/17/18 09:04 PM
05/17/18 09:04 PM
TN/OH
R
RM trapper Offline
trapper
RM trapper  Offline
trapper
R

TN/OH
As a parent of 3 young kids, I'd say she had good parents, and I hope I do a good enough job raising my 3 that they will stand up for the rights that their grandfather and great grandfather fought so hard to keep. We need more young people like her

Re: Hoo-Rah, gotta love the spirit of this young lady [Re: Catch22] #6242436
05/17/18 09:28 PM
05/17/18 09:28 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted By: Catch22
I like her looks=pretty

Yeah your right, a closet lover of the 2nd would have done so much better and got a message out to the masses. LOL. I support our rights secretively. laugh

X2

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Hoo-Rah, gotta love the spirit of this young lady [Re: gryhkl] #6242437
05/17/18 09:29 PM
05/17/18 09:29 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
So, I take it that most here believe this kind of spectacle serves to gain support for less restrictive gun laws? I have to disagree.

Again ..........fence riders are useless

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Hoo-Rah, gotta love the spirit of this young lady [Re: RM trapper] #6242453
05/17/18 09:50 PM
05/17/18 09:50 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline OP
trapper
Catch22  Offline OP
trapper

OH
Originally Posted By: RM trapper
As a parent of 3 young kids, I'd say she had good parents, and I hope I do a good enough job raising my 3 that they will stand up for the rights that their grandfather and great grandfather fought so hard to keep. We need more young people like her

Here here, well said RM!

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Hoo-Rah, gotta love the spirit of this young lady [Re: Catch22] #6242499
05/17/18 11:01 PM
05/17/18 11:01 PM
Manitoba
M
Mbcoyote Offline
trapper
Mbcoyote  Offline
trapper
M

Manitoba
As a Canadian resident,I will say both me and my brother like what she did a lot. We don't have the chance or rights anymore. She actually stood up for what she said she believes. How atrocious.(sarcasm)

Re: Hoo-Rah, gotta love the spirit of this young lady [Re: Catch22] #6242504
05/17/18 11:06 PM
05/17/18 11:06 PM
OK
Aaron Proffitt Offline
trapper
Aaron Proffitt  Offline
trapper

OK
The point of what she did was to demonstrate that , as a student , she couldn't open carry ( or concealed , for that matter) . But as a graduate , she was no longer subject to the arbitrary rule.

Honor a Soldier. Be the kind of American worth fighting for.
Re: Hoo-Rah, gotta love the spirit of this young lady [Re: gryhkl] #6242544
05/17/18 11:41 PM
05/17/18 11:41 PM
SWMo.
T
tjm Offline
trapper
tjm  Offline
trapper
T

SWMo.

Still did not read the article?

Last edited by tjm; 05/17/18 11:41 PM.
Re: Hoo-Rah, gotta love the spirit of this young lady [Re: Mbcoyote] #6242555
05/17/18 11:59 PM
05/17/18 11:59 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline OP
trapper
Catch22  Offline OP
trapper

OH
Originally Posted By: Mbcoyote
As a Canadian resident,I will say both me and my brother like what she did a lot. We don't have the chance or rights anymore. She actually stood up for what she said she believes. How atrocious.(sarcasm)

How wonderfully and amazing your post is. Thank you!

Re: Hoo-Rah, gotta love the spirit of this young lady [Re: Catch22] #6242556
05/18/18 12:00 AM
05/18/18 12:00 AM
SWMo.
T
tjm Offline
trapper
tjm  Offline
trapper
T

SWMo.
Attention seeker. Pretty young thing, but certainly an attention seeker. Her act did gun owners absolutely now good.
This part you accidentally got right.
Quote:
“I wanted to draw attention to the gun policies on campus that allow guests to open carry, but not students,” she said. “I find it insulting that the school values the lives of their guests more than those attending the university for four years.”

See, this the deal; she ain't trying to change any gun laws. She is trying to point out the stupidity of the college saying guests can follow the existing law but students and faculty can't.
Most of the time it is really really hard to make a point if you have no-ones attention.

When she draws attention to the fact she has "an AR 10 not an assault weapon" it gives the impression she might think other AR rifles are assault weapons. Not entirely sure she is the best spokes person that one could find for this reason, but that could be just the way the interviewer presents it. I'll still give her a thumb up.

Re: Hoo-Rah, gotta love the spirit of this young lady [Re: Catch22] #6242595
05/18/18 06:06 AM
05/18/18 06:06 AM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA
The method she used to try getting her point across is more likely to give the anti-gunners fuel for their campaign. And it would also make many who are fine with gun ownership rethink their position.
Most Americans do not think people walking around with a rifle strapped across their back is something they want to be a common sight.

Consider how the "in-your-face" method of promoting the rights of the homosexuals and the pro abortion groups makes you view those groups. Does it put them in a better light?

Re: Hoo-Rah, gotta love the spirit of this young lady [Re: gryhkl] #6242655
05/18/18 08:04 AM
05/18/18 08:04 AM
Wheaton Ks
L
lee steinmeyer Offline
trapper
lee steinmeyer  Offline
trapper
L

Wheaton Ks
The method she used to try getting her point across is more likely to give the anti-gunners fuel for their campaign. And it would also make many who are fine with gun ownership rethink their position.
Most Americans do not think people walking around with a rifle strapped across their back is something they want to be a common sight.

Consider how the "in-your-face" method of promoting the rights of the homosexuals and the pro abortion groups makes you view those groups. Does it put them in a better light?

Give it a rest, I don't see where anyone else see's it as you do!

YOU CAN IGNORE REALITY, BUT YOU CANNOT IGNORE THE CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING REALITY.

http://www.lptraplinesupply.com
Re: Hoo-Rah, gotta love the spirit of this young lady [Re: gryhkl] #6242707
05/18/18 09:17 AM
05/18/18 09:17 AM
SWMo.
T
tjm Offline
trapper
tjm  Offline
trapper
T

SWMo.

I really don't know, but, it got your attention and some light may be better than no light. You may not have become an advocate, but you are now aware that they exist.

Truly poor comparison though, imo, apples and celery; so to speak. Turnips and strawberries are both kinda round, they don't relate to each other though.

Re: Hoo-Rah, gotta love the spirit of this young lady [Re: lee steinmeyer] #6243598
05/19/18 04:13 PM
05/19/18 04:13 PM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA

Give it a rest, I don't see where anyone else see's it as you do! [/quote]

Why should that matter?