Lure and Bait Making

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

KaatzBros
(Please support Kaatz Brothers Lures, our sponsor for the Lure and Bait Making Page)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Hop to:
#5839503 - 03/09/17 07:00 AM Re: Making Fish Oils [Re: Aix sponsa]
Jonesie Offline
trapper

Loc: Monroeville NJ
I do what Bob does with the trash bags. looks like a bunch of balloons sitting there LOL got to watch for critters ripping the bags. I also have buckets I bury for 1 year then dig up and let sit for another year for lure base. I also use the tire valve but put in the lid I like the idea of the side Bob. Lids always go bad.
Rednecks Pride Outdoors pod cast

#5839849 - 03/09/17 01:29 PM Re: Making Fish Oils [Re: Aix sponsa]
TONY.F Offline
trapper

Loc: N.C MO
off subject but after fleshing a otter the other day it reminded me of the smell of rendered oil from pure belly fat next year ima keeping all my otter fat to render. could be a waste of time but you never learn un less you try!

#5839984 - 03/09/17 04:21 PM Re: Making Fish Oils [Re: Aix sponsa]
Bob Jameson Offline

Loc: SW Pa
Most all furbearers fat contain a likeness odor of that animal/ Good idea to save that fat to render or mix with homemade formulas of lure and bait.

#5840296 - 03/09/17 08:47 PM Re: Making Fish Oils [Re: Aix sponsa]
TONY.F Offline
trapper

Loc: N.C MO
have you ever tried it lol I just remember certain smells and fish is one my brain will never forget. Kind of like the it tastes like chicken thing the standard to compare all things against.I have rendered skunk oil bto and chicken fat with success going to try otter and snapping turtles nextand I cant get the grasshopper bait out of my mind. I will perfect that one or die tring! I have it at mediocre now but that's not good enough

#6242094 - 05/17/18 10:48 AM Re: Making Fish Oils [Re: Aix sponsa]
Trapper73 Offline
trapper

Loc: NORTH CAROLINA
When making sun render oil from trout
I just gut them and chop up trout and put in a bucket and get it.
And wait on oil.
So throw out guts to or keep..
Thanks

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  tmrschessie