No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Percentage of people that don’t belong to the NRA [Re: FlyinFinn] #6247242
05/24/18 09:36 PM
05/24/18 09:36 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted By: FlyinFinn
What disappointment? He agrees with gun control and the position the NRA takes as well.

I sit corrected.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Percentage of people that don’t belong to the NRA [Re: Law Dog] #6247280
05/24/18 10:45 PM
05/24/18 10:45 PM
Perham Minnesota 54
R
racerboy108 Offline
trapper
racerboy108  Offline
trapper
R

Perham Minnesota 54
Originally Posted By: Law Dog
Save your breath theses guys have no plan never did never will!

Excactly if we did it their way we would have nothing.

They think the answer is to vote other politicians in to make the difference. That's laughable as all politicians compromise.

All parties included.

Stupid to put trust in politicians hands.

Re: Percentage of people that don’t belong to the NRA [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6247292
05/24/18 11:05 PM
05/24/18 11:05 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Stop giving the clowns attention might be the ticket it's not like the world does not know what the game is they like to play! Done feeding the trolls have better things to do then babysit grown adults.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Percentage of people that don’t belong to the NRA [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6247299
05/24/18 11:14 PM
05/24/18 11:14 PM
MN
FlyinFinn Offline
trapper
FlyinFinn  Offline
trapper

MN
At times I feel like you guys have bought Anne Frank's drum set from a shady Craigslist guy and I have to explain why Anne Frank probably didn't have a drum set, over and over.

"All politicians compromise."

I give an example of acceptable comprise:
Councilwoman Smith wants the library carpet to be blue. Councilman Anderson wants beige carpet. Coucilwoman Hanucksala doesn't care about carpet but wants LED lights. They work it out so that one agrees to the lights and the other support's the carpet color.

I now give an example of unacceptable compromise:
Anything concerning ANY, I repeat ANY amendments included in the document meant to restrain government. Very very simple concept. It isn't about trusting politicians, it is about opening your eyes and holding them accountable. Not through some intermediary organization, or even a single political party. You, with your vote and your political activism.

Re: Percentage of people that don’t belong to the NRA [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6247318
05/24/18 11:45 PM
05/24/18 11:45 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted By: Law Dog
Stop giving the clowns attention might be the ticket it's not like the world does not know what the game is they like to play! Done feeding the trolls have better things to do then babysit grown adults.

I believe that according to the OP's title, I have given solid reasons why I do not appreciate the NRA. I am not going on a hunch, I'm going on proven facts. I must point out that, although you are a staunch NRA man, you have not represented them well. I'm gonna stop, because I just had a thought. In your thread about the extra foam, you could use it to carve out NRA insignia's and sell them. Then donate the money to the NRA to use for more gun control policies. The NRA has always chosen their own path, it's in the books. REAL fight for the 2nd, is not the path they chose. Keep those blinders on and wind your way down to the barn. Also, I did not know Anne Frank had a drum set lol.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Percentage of people that don’t belong to the NRA [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6247330
05/25/18 12:06 AM
05/25/18 12:06 AM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
I bet you even talk in your sleep, don't you Catch?

Re: Percentage of people that don’t belong to the NRA [Re: hippie] #6247351
05/25/18 12:46 AM
05/25/18 12:46 AM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted By: hippie
I bet you even talk in your sleep, don't you Catch?

Yes, I mutter freedom. What do you bring to the table?

Re: Percentage of people that don’t belong to the NRA [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6247355
05/25/18 01:16 AM
05/25/18 01:16 AM
SWMo.
T
tjm Offline
trapper
tjm  Offline
trapper
T

SWMo.
So, best estimates and some long division indicate that in the whole wide USA only 10-12% of gun owners are NRA members.
Maybe if the NRA got up a list of things they have done to repeal Firearms control that they started, or a list of bills they wrote to counter firearms control the way they wrote the model bills for gun control back in the history and if they showed they were actually in favor of firearms freedom; well really anything except NRA promoting more firearms control they could get more gun owners to join.

If 10% of gun owners want to support gun control, they will and they will beat the tar out of Anne Frank's drums to get others to join them in self abuse. Go ahead and set a fox and a possum to guard your hens, then blame the owls for the dead chickens.

If that 10% doesn't want to hear from the 85-90% of gun owners that look, read and think before joining or jumping into the sea of lemmings, then that 10% ought to beat Anne Franks drum set where the non believers can't hear it.
The OP invited dissenting discussion.
I invited a factual list of NRA accomplishments. He got discussion and I got no facts to influence me to join NRA or even to think NRA is anything beyond a scam. I am still open to facts And figures. Name calling and BS just reinforce the idea that there is no proof that NRA is an advocate of firearms freedom or any freedom.
The NRA supporters on this thread have really diminished the NRA by some of their posts.

Re: Percentage of people that don’t belong to the NRA [Re: Wright Brothers] #6247360
05/25/18 01:56 AM
05/25/18 01:56 AM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline OP
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
Originally Posted By: Wright Brothers
Mn4life there are a LOT of do nothing members.

I was barking the same about PTA members and was reminded I should not alienate them as even the silent members count when legislation happens. I miss the old wise man that reminded me that way. Grandpa knew him.

Speaking of trapping orgs. When youns are done charming potential NRA members, can you light a fire under some of these trappers? lol

I have a lot of room to talk, I think mine needs renewed.

Re: Percentage of people that don’t belong to the NRA [Re: Wright Brothers] #6247362
05/25/18 02:00 AM
05/25/18 02:00 AM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline OP
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
Originally Posted By: Wright Brothers
Mn4life there are a LOT of do nothing members.

I was barking the same about PTA members and was reminded I should not alienate them as even the silent members count when legislation happens. I miss the old wise man that reminded me that way. Grandpa knew him.

Speaking of trapping orgs. When youns are done charming potential NRA members, can you light a fire under some of these trappers? lol

I have a lot of room to talk, I think mine needs renewed.

Know exactly who you are talking about. Great man did a lot for trapping.

Re: Percentage of people that don’t belong to the NRA [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6247369
05/25/18 03:52 AM
05/25/18 03:52 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
careful there tjm the self elected baby sitter of adults will spank you

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Percentage of people that don’t belong to the NRA [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6247383
05/25/18 05:37 AM
05/25/18 05:37 AM
SWMo.
T
tjm Offline
trapper
tjm  Offline
trapper
T

SWMo.
I don't mean to offend Danny, but when invited to comment it seems offensive to be badgered and called names for commenting. I still would like that list of deeds done.

Re: Percentage of people that don’t belong to the NRA [Re: tjm] #6247408
05/25/18 06:42 AM
05/25/18 06:42 AM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Originally Posted By: tjm
Maybe if the NRA got up a list of things they have done to repeal Firearms control that they started, or a list of bills they wrote to counter firearms control the way they wrote the model bills for gun control back in the history and if they showed they were actually in favor of firearms freedom; well really anything except NRA promoting more firearms control they could get more gun owners to join.

I posted dozens of examples with links last month on yet another thread that the anti-NRA crowd here on Tman turned into an NRA bash fest. And then there were crickets...

Look it up if you want to, I'm not wasting anymore time trying to convince this apathetic anti-NRA crowd of anything. It's fine if you don't want to support the NRA for whatever reasons you may have, but why do these folks go out of their way to basically call supporters dupes that are throwing their money away? And why do they work so hard to dissuade folks from joining or continuing their memberships?

NRA supporters understand the organization isn't perfect but we choose to support them anyway because we are aware of the tremendous amount of good they have done in the war against gun-grabbers, despite what the anti-NRA crowd claims. Why does that seem to inflame so many on here?

And why, when ask repeatedly for for better alternatives, do we get no answers from those with the biggest mouths or anyone else? The only logical conclusion is that these folks enjoy complaining and running down other folks who are trying to fight the anti-2A movement in this country to the best of their abilities. It gives the complainers something to do I guess?

It also leads me to the conclusion that we, as gun owners, are going to continue losing as the Second Amendment continues to be whittled away. With maybe 20% of gun owners supporting various pro-gun organizations and the other 80% doing nothing or worse, complaining about and insulting those that do, we are doomed.

Eh...wot?

Re: Percentage of people that don’t belong to the NRA [Re: tjm] #6247416
05/25/18 07:14 AM
05/25/18 07:14 AM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted By: tjm
So, best estimates and some long division indicate that in the whole wide USA only 10-12% of gun owners are NRA members.

If 10% of gun owners want to support gun control, they will and they will beat the tar out of Anne Frank's drums to get others to join them in self abuse. Go ahead and set a fox and a possum to guard your hens, then blame the owls for the dead chickens.

If that 10% doesn't want to hear from the 85-90% of gun owners that look, read and think before joining or jumping into the sea of lemmings, then that 10% ought to beat Anne Franks drum set where the non believers can't hear it.
The OP invited dissenting discussion.
I invited a factual list of NRA accomplishments. He got discussion and I got no facts to influence me to join NRA or even to think NRA is anything beyond a scam. I am still open to facts And figures. Name calling and BS just reinforce the idea that there is no proof that NRA is an advocate of firearms freedom or any freedom.
The NRA supporters on this thread have really diminished the NRA by some of their posts.

Not a complete list, but this is what a reporter found.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/nra-outstandingly-successful-where-really-032510676.html

Re: Percentage of people that don’t belong to the NRA [Re: hippie] #6247428
05/25/18 07:38 AM
05/25/18 07:38 AM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
That was one of the links I posted last month hippie. One of the links that none of the anti-NRA crowd chose not to respond to. They just continued complaining without offering any alternatives.

Eh...wot?

Re: Percentage of people that don’t belong to the NRA [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6247431
05/25/18 07:46 AM
05/25/18 07:46 AM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Yea, i've posted it before also but maybe he didn't see it. I know the two anti's saw it and got quiet like they did when i started to post statements from/about their favored politicians.

Like trying to talk to any anti, they jusy ignore ya.

Re: Percentage of people that don’t belong to the NRA [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6247432
05/25/18 07:49 AM
05/25/18 07:49 AM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
https://www.ammoland.com/2016/09/hillarys-nra-members-numer-one-enemies-list/#axzz5GVrcoQI4

When a life-long politician and anti gun person is asked who their #1 enemy is and the say the NRA, The NRA is doing something right!!!!!!

Re: Percentage of people that don’t belong to the NRA [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6247434
05/25/18 07:57 AM
05/25/18 07:57 AM
Magna, Utah
G
GritGuy Offline
trapper
GritGuy  Offline
trapper
G

Magna, Utah
Lot of drivel on this thread from mostly bashers to the NRA. Rebuttals from the supporters are to most of the name calling and negative bashing of their support, wish people could just express their opinions and be adult enough to keep the other out, but it's always the same in emotional debates !

Basically one supports what they believe in and the other does not, however the name calling and worse has no merit to either argument and just makes the thread dead IMO !

[Linked Image]

Sorry if my opinions or replies offend you, they are not meant to !

Re: Percentage of people that don’t belong to the NRA [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6247461
05/25/18 08:39 AM
05/25/18 08:39 AM
La Crosse, WI
Macthediver Offline
trapper
Macthediver  Offline
trapper

La Crosse, WI
GritGuy
I belive there are Discussions, Debates and Whizzing Matches.. I think some folks just can't do anything but jump in make things Whizzing Matches.

Mac

"Never Forget Which Way Is Up"

Re: Percentage of people that don’t belong to the NRA [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6247508
05/25/18 09:59 AM
05/25/18 09:59 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I dont have a problem with being accused of being anti gun control. Its the truth. I am. I make no appologies for it. Its why i support organizations who share my view and will not support those who do not.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread