No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Just because I could #6253714
06/04/18 10:25 AM
06/04/18 10:25 AM
Tipton, In.
R
RHuff Offline OP
trapper
RHuff  Offline OP
trapper
R

Tipton, In.
So a few years ago I got bored and decided to beef up some Bridger 1.5 Specials that I had after looking at Stalker Fabrications web sight so I boxed 2 dozen up and sent them to him and had him double jaw, base plate, weld frame solid, fill in the old chain hole, and add good swivel. These traps have caught mink, muskrat, coon, opossum, fox and one unlucky Coyote over last few years. So yesterday I noticed a couple had springs that were getting a little weak so I threw on some 4 coils. End result is a 1.5 that will nearly break your thumb if you manage to stick it in it. End lesson don't try and answer cell phone while holding an angry little trap.

Re: Just because I could [Re: RHuff] #6253734
06/04/18 10:45 AM
06/04/18 10:45 AM
Wisconsin
T
The Beav Online content
trapper
The Beav  Online Content
trapper
T

Wisconsin
You have the D ring positioned right.

The forum Know It All according to Muskrat
Re: Just because I could [Re: RHuff] #6253737
06/04/18 10:47 AM
06/04/18 10:47 AM
Tipton, In.
R
RHuff Offline OP
trapper
RHuff  Offline OP
trapper
R

Tipton, In.
Yep Nightstalker knows his stuff when it comes to trap mods. I have a fetish for 1.5 coil springs and just wanted to beef a few up for fun they are mostly used for dry land coon near water or the weak springs wouldn't bother me. Still prefer my Victor pinch pans for rat and mink. Lucked into a few double jaw pinch pans last year would love to find a few dozen more in decent shape.

Last edited by RHuff; 06/04/18 10:55 AM.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread