No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: He lived with a pack of wolves???? [Re: white17] #6251353
05/31/18 07:11 PM
05/31/18 07:11 PM
NWT
Ryan McLeod Offline
trapper
Ryan McLeod  Offline
trapper

NWT
Originally Posted By: white17
That's good Jeff but.........when someone states that "the alpha male was sitting there howling..." That's it for me. No credibility at all.

What is an "alpha male" and how does one identify it by sight ?

Raised tail? all the others keep their tails down as a way to show submissive behavior? (or so ive been told) Ive only seen a wolf standing still a few times in my life. When hunting them with snowmobile its the ones with a 2-4 km headstart ahead of the pack that are the biggest. The big pretty one running off by itself is always the breeding female leading you away, get her and you'll eventually get all the pups over the next week or two. Alpha is a term used too much though. Every wolf an inexperienced person sees seems to be an Alpha.

If you take care of the land the land will take care of you
Re: He lived with a pack of wolves???? [Re: nyhuntfish] #6251441
05/31/18 10:09 PM
05/31/18 10:09 PM
Northwest Territories
M
muskrat411 Offline
trapper
muskrat411  Offline
trapper
M

Northwest Territories
Ryan didn't you live with a pack of wolves for a month or two. I don't know how you convince them you were a wolf with a Polaris 600. But you must have learned a lot of wolf knowledge.

Re: He lived with a pack of wolves???? [Re: nyhuntfish] #6253932
06/04/18 04:25 PM
06/04/18 04:25 PM
Cass Cnty, MN
J
JeffMcam Offline
trapper
JeffMcam  Offline
trapper
J

Cass Cnty, MN
Not trying to change anyone's mind here- but thought it MAY be cool to see a link to the wolf section of the story along with some photos (in the short video clip).

it's on his Facebook page and I'm not smart enough to pick the video and place it on here. hope it works-

https://www.facebook.com/followdonnievincent/

Re: He lived with a pack of wolves???? [Re: Boco] #6253967
06/04/18 05:53 PM
06/04/18 05:53 PM
Missouri
B
Broomchaser Offline
trapper
Broomchaser  Offline
trapper
B

Missouri
I will answer in half a word... Bull

Get the US out of the UN and the UN out of the US.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread