No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Render down beaver fat to oil. #6255143
06/06/18 07:49 PM
06/06/18 07:49 PM
NORTH CAROLINA
Trapper73 Offline OP
trapper
Trapper73  Offline OP
trapper

NORTH CAROLINA
What can I add to my rendering down beaver fat oil I made To make it more a syrupy type oil instead of runny.

Is it any good addictive to add for k9 also To oil
Thanks.

Last edited by Trapper73; 06/06/18 09:28 PM.
Re: Render down beaver fat to oil. [Re: Trapper73] #6255504
06/07/18 09:45 AM
06/07/18 09:45 AM
Eastern N.C.
B
Bob LaRue Offline
trapper
Bob LaRue  Offline
trapper
B

Eastern N.C.
Add it to ground bobcat meat, just enough to make it juicy. Add other gland material such as ground oil sacks, bobcat & otter gland at about 5% ratio. Let it rot down. Yotes want to roll on it & will dig to china for it. Don't throw it & the bait stick down the hole. Opossums like to pull out the stick & leave it in the trap bed giving the yotes something to roll on.
It should have a unique smell, gave one of my friends the dry heavs. LOL!

My heat rendered beaver fat oil, I added it 1 to 4 to bees wax & made plugs for my cap & ball revolver.

For a syrupy mix you could probably rot down meat & glands then add enough oil for your syrup. That might work for ya.
Later!

Re: Render down beaver fat to oil. [Re: Trapper73] #6255526
06/07/18 10:09 AM
06/07/18 10:09 AM
Hancock Co., Indiana
Kart29 Offline
trapper
Kart29  Offline
trapper

Hancock Co., Indiana
I wouldn't worry about it. Just thin out your pancake batter and your flapjacks will come out thinner too. Then you won't need the syrup to be so thick.

What from Christ that soul can sever,
Bound by everlasting bands?
None shall take thee
From the Strength of Israel's hands.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread