No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Ticks in your area? [Re: KeithC] #6259193
06/13/18 01:26 PM
06/13/18 01:26 PM
central ohio
madcotrappwr Offline
trapper
madcotrappwr  Offline
trapper

central ohio
Originally Posted By: KeithC
So far, this year there has been only a small fraction of the normal amount of ticks on my farm. Diane had 1 tick stuck in her hairline and one crawling on her leg. I pulled 4 off an outside cat's ears and 1 off of one of my dog's neck. I have not found a single tick on me. This is the first time, I have not had a tick by this late in the year. They were all dog ticks.

The deerfly have been terrible this year.

Keith

We didn't have tics here when I was a kid. We would go to family in Kentucky and pick them off all day long. Seems like they showed up in the 90s.

Will my toes ever warm up?

I'm Gonna die with my boots on.

Tim Henry.

Re: Ticks in your area? [Re: SNIPERBBB] #6259215
06/13/18 02:13 PM
06/13/18 02:13 PM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline OP
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline OP
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
Wonder how much of that was due to DDT.

Re: Ticks in your area? [Re: SNIPERBBB] #6259234
06/13/18 02:37 PM
06/13/18 02:37 PM
NC
R
Ray B Offline
trapper
Ray B  Offline
trapper
R

NC
First Longhorned tick discovered in Arkansas

http://katv.com/news/local/longhorned-tick-discovered-in-arkansas

LITTLE ROCK (KATV) — The Department of Agriculture has confirmed that a Longhorned tick was found in Arkansas, making it the fourth state to be spotted in within the United States .

The identity of the tick was confirmed at the National Veterinary Services Laboratory, where it was sent in from a dog in Benton County through a research project at Oklahoma State University.

The Longhorned tick, an exotic East Asian tick, is considered to be a serious threat to livestock by the USDA, possibly causing stunted growth , decreased production, and death.

The tick has been known to infest a wide range of species and has the potential to infect a variety of North American wildlife species, humans, dogs, cats, and livestock.

In other parts of the world, the longhorned tick, or Haemaphysalis longicornis, is associated with bacterial and viral tickborne diseases of animals and humans.

Similar to deer ticks, the nymph of the longhorn tick is very small, making it harder to spot and allowing it to go unnoticed on animals and people.

The first confirmed presence of the longhorn tick in the United States was discovered in New Jersey in November of 2017, followed by Virginia and West Virginia.

The cases in Arkansas, West Virginia, Virginia, and New Jersey are not believed to be connected, according to the USDA.

State Veterinarian Dr. Brandon Doss released this statement following the discovery of the Longhorned tick in Arkansas:

Livestock producers, animal owners and veterinarians should notify the Arkansas Agriculture Department or USDA APHIS if they notice any unusual ticks, or ticks that occur in large numbers on an individual animal. We encourage livestock producers to work with their veterinarians to develop a tick prevention and control program.

To protect you, your family, and your pets from ticks you should always wear approved repellents, perform regular tick checks, and tuck in loose clothing.

Re: Ticks in your area? [Re: SNIPERBBB] #6259328
06/13/18 06:25 PM
06/13/18 06:25 PM
North Dakota USA
Redeyesheds Offline
trapper
Redeyesheds  Offline
trapper

North Dakota USA
Nd is full of them..

Yote snares and Beaver Traps...
Re: Ticks in your area? [Re: SNIPERBBB] #6259338
06/13/18 07:11 PM
06/13/18 07:11 PM
east syracuse n.y
N
nyrat Offline
trapper
nyrat  Offline
trapper
N

east syracuse n.y
these little sob mite kill off the human race if there go on checked

Re: Ticks in your area? [Re: SNIPERBBB] #6259408
06/13/18 09:31 PM
06/13/18 09:31 PM
rogers city mi.
J
jeff karsten Offline
trapper
jeff karsten  Offline
trapper
J

rogers city mi.
none so far this year last couple years 2 or 3 per day during spring

olden tyred
Re: Ticks in your area? [Re: SNIPERBBB] #6259625
06/14/18 07:16 AM
06/14/18 07:16 AM
lewis county,new york
N
newfox1 Offline
trapper
newfox1  Offline
trapper
N

lewis county,new york
My wife bought this gadget at Walmart called the tick tornado for removing ticks,tried it a few days ago and it worked real good.

Re: Ticks in your area? [Re: SNIPERBBB] #6259808
06/14/18 12:40 PM
06/14/18 12:40 PM
La Crosse, WI
Macthediver Offline
trapper
Macthediver  Offline
trapper

La Crosse, WI
I can say I think there are less in my yard this years so far. Based on what I've taken off my self and the dogs since snow is gone. But I've been spraying with the permethirn. So no idea what there like in the woods right now. Did take this one off me while splitting wood in yard Tuesday. Little stinker!

Mac

"Never Forget Which Way Is Up"

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread