Wilderness Trapping and Living

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Dobbins' Catalog~

ATS
(Please support Ted's Fur Shed, our sponsor for the Wilderness Page)

Alaska Trappers Association

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Trapping and Drones [Re: martentrapper] #6249813
05/29/18 12:28 PM
05/29/18 12:28 PM
fairbanks,ak.
isnarewolves Offline
trapper
isnarewolves  Offline
trapper

fairbanks,ak.
Sorry about that Marten,spellcheck is only as good as the pushing the keys. Drones may appear to have little use on a trap line, yet a trapper may use a super cub to locate areas to trap and locate game to trap. I also have seen on the Alaska reality trapping shows shots/film to what appears to have taken from a drone. Haven't heard of any citation being issued. This seems like a good enough reason to summit a proposal to the BOG to allow the use of drones for trapping. This proposal can be submitted 2019/2020 and section 5 AAC 92.095 is on the call for that meeting. Things like this happen at BOG meting fairly regular. Most board members also don't realize what the definition of game is,nor how game is classified or what the classifications are. i have had to explain this several times at BOG meetings.

Life is hard. It's even harder if your stupid!
Re: Trapping and Drones [Re: white17] #6262331
06/18/18 07:09 PM
06/18/18 07:09 PM
alaska
3 Fingers Offline
trapper
3 Fingers  Offline
trapper

alaska
Originally Posted By: white17
Originally Posted By: EurekaTrapper
I think it would be great to have to survey routes for cutting in traplines, looking for easier cutting.

That would definitely be an asset !!
Exactly what I was thinking.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  akntrpr, Ol' Blister, otterman