No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
An old Matt Jones Story from the depths. #6263406
06/20/18 07:19 AM
06/20/18 07:19 AM
Ohio
OhioBoy Offline OP
trapper
OhioBoy  Offline OP
trapper

Ohio
I was looking in the achieves for a pic of his trotline box for a fella in another thread and ran across this.

Originally Posted By: Matt Jones

we were cutting down and boxing spoony this afternoon and Eddy no arms pulled up with some fish. eddy the son of Cletus hook a third generation commercial fishermen lost both his arms in the record high backwater on the river in the spring of 2011.

Eddy was trying to get his boat under a power line that was supposed to be off, it was the third time he went under it, well it was still on and it knocked him 20 feet out of the boat. Tommy Koon was with Ed and got him in the boat and saved Ed's life but Ed lost both arms after it was over up to just below the shoulder.

conn.

Eddy still fishes every day with a partner and I have to put snare cable in his fake arms about once a month as he keeps breaking his arms fishing.

anyway, Ed pulls up to the market today with his 2 year old girl, I walk out to the truck and Ed said to her, tell your uncle no love how much you love your daddy...she stuck her elbows out and said from nub to nub uncle no love.....

no love is my other nick name around here I got working on the river as I did not like to take breaks till the work was done, some one said you ain't got no love man...and it stuck

conn.

anyway, we walk back in the market and (someone) had a pint of crown setting in the fish blood on the table we were cutting fish down on, eddy said give me a little taste of that..bubba, the market owner said get ya a sip Ed...well we kept on dressing fish and Ed stuck a claw under each of our chins...

then he said (put it to my lips.... grin

we forgot he can't pick a bottle up, I sure have fun at work

matt

it's a true story, I ain't drinking maggot, gotta get up and fish at 4 bells, I might of had a few sips when we got back off the river but I can pass any of your maggot tests,...I ani't give no hundred to a vet in a booth at waffle house at three in the morning like I saw you do once

matt

yotetrapper that vet was in a wheelchair, and he was asking for hand outs...the maggot paid for his meal with a hundred then gave the guy the change...I wanted to whip them both, the guy for asking and the maggot for giving...it was a set up for money, the maggot just don't go to town much....lol

plus, we were both drunker then a big indian on a bicycle...

matt

Re: An old Matt Jones Story from the depths. [Re: OhioBoy] #6263431
06/20/18 07:49 AM
06/20/18 07:49 AM
Central NC
T
traprjohn Offline
trapper
traprjohn  Offline
trapper
T

Central NC
yep, he recounted that at the Bland convention bout 5 yr ago

www.sevenoakstrappingsupplies.com for trap mods and gear
The 10 Commandments are not suggestions.
Buy a soldiers meal EVERY chance you can.

Re: An old Matt Jones Story from the depths. [Re: OhioBoy] #6263481
06/20/18 08:36 AM
06/20/18 08:36 AM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Online content
trapper
Lugnut  Online Content
trapper
L

SEPA
Good stuff!

Eh...wot?

Re: An old Matt Jones Story from the depths. [Re: OhioBoy] #6263833
06/20/18 05:41 PM
06/20/18 05:41 PM
Northern Illinois
M
MChewk Offline
trapper
MChewk  Offline
trapper
M

Northern Illinois
I miss Old Matt...anybody hear from him? Rifle usually keeps tabs on him....

Re: An old Matt Jones Story from the depths. [Re: OhioBoy] #6263855
06/20/18 06:11 PM
06/20/18 06:11 PM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA
I talk to him all the time and am friends on Facebook where he posts daily a story about fishing or something interesting. LLL

Isaiah 51:6 But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail.
Re: An old Matt Jones Story from the depths. [Re: OhioBoy] #6263902
06/20/18 07:40 PM
06/20/18 07:40 PM
Coldspring Texas
Savell Offline
"Wilbur"
Savell  Offline
"Wilbur"

Coldspring Texas
I miss you in here Matt .... I don’t have a Facebook....afraid some women from the past might light me up in there...

.....there were some good times had back when Matt and my hero Jtrap would get going...

Insert profound nonsense here
Re: An old Matt Jones Story from the depths. [Re: OhioBoy] #6263968
06/20/18 08:55 PM
06/20/18 08:55 PM
Central IA
TRapper Offline
trapper
TRapper  Offline
trapper

Central IA
Plus always good to have another jones on the site

Re: An old Matt Jones Story from the depths. [Re: TRapper] #6263979
06/20/18 09:15 PM
06/20/18 09:15 PM
Rock Springs, WI
Z
Zim Offline
trapper
Zim  Offline
trapper
Z

Rock Springs, WI
Well hello big feller, how is that sweetheart of a mom of yours doing anyway? I will admit I am shamelessly trying to buy good weather for the turnout in Marshfield. Last time I seen her was in Owatanna MN. when things went south, or some such direction in a hurry. My wife and I were trying to clean up after the feed when 70mph winds hit and blew most of our belongings into the next County, State or Province, whichever came last. lol

Way back when after I had watched Matt's After the Catch Video I would have a question and he would always get back to a guy, no matter how busy he was.I sure learned a lot from that guy.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread