No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
My dog got skunked, again! #6266999
06/25/18 08:22 PM
06/25/18 08:22 PM
Warren co Mo
H
hrdtoflw Offline OP
trapper
hrdtoflw  Offline OP
trapper
H

Warren co Mo
Ok, for the second time in two weeks, our female great dane took a indirect skunk shot to the face. This time she got into the house, before my wife smelled it. I came back home this morning, to mix up the peroxide bath. I was only 5 miles into my day, so no biggie. Luckily, my house onle smells like a convention building, with some call lures calling in visitors. It is time to go on the offensive here, and I hope she learned her lesson, but I have my doubts. Lol. Ya gotta love dogs to put up with this!!!

If your mind draws a blank, turn off the sound, because ya can't learn a thing if you're doin all the talkin
Re: My dog got skunked, again! [Re: hrdtoflw] #6267036
06/25/18 09:03 PM
06/25/18 09:03 PM
Bonner County, Idaho
Wild_Idaho Offline
trapper
Wild_Idaho  Offline
trapper

Bonner County, Idaho
When I was growing up my dad had a shorthair that was a terror on skunks and coons. She hated those things and would constantly go after them when we were pheasant hunting in the cattails. One time she had the skunk by the stinky end and was shaking it as it was spraying directly into her mouth and face. She finally let it go and you could see the essence literally dripping off her face. We didn't want her anywhere near us, she smell so potent. Not 5 minutes later that dog pointed a rooster in the thick cattails. My old man and I were shocked that she could smell anything besides the skunk juice, but sure enough she smelled and pointed that rooster, which we shot over her.

Real name Eric
The sharpest hammer in the box of crayons.

Re: My dog got skunked, again! [Re: hrdtoflw] #6267332
06/26/18 09:00 AM
06/26/18 09:00 AM
Warren co Mo
H
hrdtoflw Offline OP
trapper
hrdtoflw  Offline OP
trapper
H

Warren co Mo
Dogs have amazing noses, to be able to smell through skunk, and point a bird. Luckily, my dog must have been just far enough away to avoid a hard hit. Last night, I let her out, but left the gate closed, until I checked the yard. Sure enough, there was a stinker out there, 10' outside of the fenced yard. It is time for me to go on the offensive!!!

If your mind draws a blank, turn off the sound, because ya can't learn a thing if you're doin all the talkin
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread