No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Someone Ever Set You Up with Game Wardens? Updated [Re: Aix sponsa] #6266823
06/25/18 03:44 PM
06/25/18 03:44 PM
Akron, Ohio
bass10 Offline
trapper
bass10  Offline
trapper

Akron, Ohio
Had permission to hunt deer and turkey on 120 acres about 5 minutes from my house. It was great for about 7 years as I own my business so basically hunted turkey about every morning before work. I was successful on my two birds about every year. Well a very good friend of mine would call about every day and ask about my day. Next thing you know he had backhanded permission to hunt there, next thing you know I only get permission to deer hunt and trap it (he is a big turkey hunter). So after he screws me and I am barely talking to him he then accuses me of illegally baiting turkey (my buddy has 8 acres that butts upto it) and hunting too close to a structure. I said I can be there in 1/2 hour and will have the GW meet us both there. If there is evidence of baiting I will donate $1000 cash on the spot to the ODNR, if not you will leave me alone forever, he didn't take me up on his supposed slam dunk. I haven't talked to him in 4 years now but he still bad mouths me behind my back.

"The more people I meet the more I love my dog!"
Re: Someone Ever Set You Up with Game Wardens? Updated [Re: Aix sponsa] #6266911
06/25/18 06:34 PM
06/25/18 06:34 PM
Georgia US
C
cjm5680 Offline
trapper
cjm5680  Offline
trapper
C

Georgia US
I have seen this a lot here where I live too. I’ve seen it bring out the worst in people. It really bothers me that grown men act this way over some hunting or trapping.Theres a guy that works at the same place I do that just started trapping last year and he really has bad blood against me cause I trap too. And I’ve never talked to about anything trapping related. He hates it because he feels like I’m his competition. I hope it all works out for you.

Re: Someone Ever Set You Up with Game Wardens? Updated [Re: Aix sponsa] #6266929
06/25/18 07:06 PM
06/25/18 07:06 PM
Des Allemands, Louisiana
Budfish Offline
trapper
Budfish  Offline
trapper

Des Allemands, Louisiana
Yep, another reason I gave up on trusting people just about altogether. It's gonna be very hard to become my friend from here on out. Can't stand a liar and a thief and we are surrounded by them.

Re: Someone Ever Set You Up with Game Wardens? Updated [Re: bass10] #6267053
06/25/18 09:15 PM
06/25/18 09:15 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
Originally Posted By: bass10
Had permission to hunt deer and turkey on 120 acres about 5 minutes from my house. It was great for about 7 years as I own my business so basically hunted turkey about every morning before work. I was successful on my two birds about every year. Well a very good friend of mine would call about every day and ask about my day. Next thing you know he had backhanded permission to hunt there, next thing you know I only get permission to deer hunt and trap it (he is a big turkey hunter). So after he screws me and I am barely talking to him he then accuses me of illegally baiting turkey (my buddy has 8 acres that butts upto it) and hunting too close to a structure. I said I can be there in 1/2 hour and will have the GW meet us both there. If there is evidence of baiting I will donate $1000 cash on the spot to the ODNR, if not you will leave me alone forever, he didn't take me up on his supposed slam dunk. I haven't talked to him in 4 years now but he still bad mouths me behind my back.

Your problem is so easy to fix that I can't believe you haven't done it yet.
The next time you see him, you pound the pudding out of him. Aim for soft targets so as to not leave marks on either of you.
I ain't scared of jail.

Re: Someone Ever Set You Up with Game Wardens? Updated [Re: Aix sponsa] #6267060
06/25/18 09:21 PM
06/25/18 09:21 PM
Central NC
T
traprjohn Offline
trapper
traprjohn  Offline
trapper
T

Central NC
Prune was set up by the very guy he mentored, but since the GW's knew Prune was on the up and up, it backfired on the dude.

www.sevenoakstrappingsupplies.com for trap mods and gear
The 10 Commandments are not suggestions.
Buy a soldiers meal EVERY chance you can.

Re: Someone Ever Set You Up with Game Wardens? Updated [Re: Aix sponsa] #6267074
06/25/18 09:33 PM
06/25/18 09:33 PM
Iowa,
E
eedup Offline
trapper
eedup  Offline
trapper
E

Iowa,
Your warning for being on guard against such ppl is I'm sure warranted. However lots of trappers enjoy helping others, meeting other trappers and teaching...and learning. Your strange behaviour has curtailed my wanting to meet trappers who post here.

You have apologised for this after learning I'm NOT out to steal your trapping clients or anything. I just thought you asked great questions and sounded like a trapper I'd like to meet. Carry on.

Re: Someone Ever Set You Up with Game Wardens? Updated [Re: Aix sponsa] #6267268
06/26/18 07:21 AM
06/26/18 07:21 AM
Hancock Co., Indiana
Kart29 Offline
trapper
Kart29  Offline
trapper

Hancock Co., Indiana
So what are these suspicious events of which you speak?

What from Christ that soul can sever,
Bound by everlasting bands?
None shall take thee
From the Strength of Israel's hands.

Re: Someone Ever Set You Up with Game Wardens? Updated [Re: 52Carl] #6267286
06/26/18 07:47 AM
06/26/18 07:47 AM
Akron, Ohio
bass10 Offline
trapper
bass10  Offline
trapper

Akron, Ohio
Originally Posted By: 52Carl
Originally Posted By: bass10

Your problem is so easy to fix that I can't believe you haven't done it yet.
The next time you see him, you pound the pudding out of him. Aim for soft targets so as to not leave marks on either of you.
I ain't scared of jail.

Yeh if they ever make public beatings legal I'm gonna be in a lot of fights. I basically told him that killing his Turkeys every year is more important than any of his friendships, sad really. Good luck Aix.

"The more people I meet the more I love my dog!"
Re: Someone Ever Set You Up with Game Wardens? Updated [Re: Aix sponsa] #6267373
06/26/18 09:46 AM
06/26/18 09:46 AM
South MS
dublelung Offline
trapper
dublelung  Offline
trapper

South MS
Good grief this is still going on? Just whip his tail, call him out, or move on down the line.

Re: Someone Ever Set You Up with Game Wardens? Updated [Re: Aix sponsa] #6268028
06/27/18 08:37 AM
06/27/18 08:37 AM
Mountain View, AR
S
ShaneT Offline
trapper
ShaneT  Offline
trapper
S

Mountain View, AR
Can't believe I missed this whole thing until now.

Ya'll get wild down south Aix. sick

"Good Lord, thank you for your endless bounty. Lord please give me the strength to gather what I need"
Re: Someone Ever Set You Up with Game Wardens? Updated [Re: Aix sponsa] #6268113
06/27/18 10:36 AM
06/27/18 10:36 AM
Wisconsin
T
The Beav Offline
trapper
The Beav  Offline
trapper
T

Wisconsin
I once caught this huge otter In a 160 trail set for coon. The nearest water was a good distance away.

When I checked the trap (24 hour check) I had this otter In the 160. The trap was still on the H stand. That In It's self raised a red flag for me. Then when I looked at It's eyes they were all milky looking like it had been removed from a freezer and thawed out.
Otter season was open but I didn't have a tag. I didn't touch that critter and called the cop shop right away. They put me In touch with a warden and he told me I It was Ok to remove It and bring It In. I said NO someone can come and get It. I told them where It was I think they already knew where It was. The next day It was gone.

I called the warden supervisor for my area. And asked If I had been set up, he said they don't operate like that. So the jury Is still out on that one.

The forum Know It All according to Muskrat
Re: Ever Have Someone Set You Up with Game Wardens? [Re: Tweed] #6268129
06/27/18 11:52 AM
06/27/18 11:52 AM
Morehead city NC
JakeDog Offline
trapper
JakeDog  Offline
trapper

Morehead city NC
Originally Posted By: Tweed
Originally Posted By: JakeDog
Yeah, but it was taxidermy. Man said I had skinned an illegal bear and was going to mount it? No not hardly but they raked me over the coals checking all my freezers. I was legit and always was - like I say stay by the regs/laws.

J

Did they at least have a warrant?

sorry for a later response but no they didnt have warrants but most time they can come check a taxidermist's freezers without one. I think this is due to you getting the "license" taxidermy permit through the State. Anyway even if they had to have one I am the type it doesnt bother me? I knew both the wardens one didnt like me one did? and I wasnt gonna raise a fuss due to a good friendship with that warden?? and i had nothing to hide.

J

Suppression rules/prevention drools

Confidence is going fly fishing for Moby Dick, in a row boat, and bringing tartar sauce with you.
Re: Ever Have Someone Set You Up with Game Wardens? [Re: Aix sponsa] #6269090
06/28/18 11:07 PM
06/28/18 11:07 PM
Louisiana
P
Paul Rhodes Offline
trapper
Paul Rhodes  Offline
trapper
P

Louisiana
Can't we all just get along.

Re: Ever Have Someone Set You Up with Game Wardens? [Re: Aix sponsa] #6269109
06/28/18 11:23 PM
06/28/18 11:23 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
No.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread