ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: raccoon help [Re: mttrapperguy] #6267358
06/26/18 09:28 AM
06/26/18 09:28 AM
Peoria County Illinois
Larry Baer Offline
trapper
Larry Baer  Offline
trapper

Peoria County Illinois
I had one pry a loose board and go in my chicken house ever night and eat eggs. The board would flop back against the chicken house after it went in and out. How it found that loose board I will never know. Sometimes they can be pretty frustrating. That one took me a couple nights to figure out. Ha!

Good job on the coon. We have to kill them all here in IL. If I can do it I find them and shoot them with CB caps. The home owners usually do not care. They just want them out of the house.

Just passin through
Re: raccoon help [Re: mttrapperguy] #6267746
06/26/18 07:56 PM
06/26/18 07:56 PM
New York
Jim Comstock Offline
trapper
Jim Comstock  Offline
trapper

New York
Many go to a positive sets with longer wire trigger cage traps. I don't get many chances since our coon numbers have been low, but when I have used this set up it has worked great. The trap can be secured to a wall vertically or horizontally, using a flush mount set up or a nose cone made to fit. A trap with a built in nose cone will also work. I keep in touch with others who do this regularly who have told me that a smart coon can sometimes hole up for a week or two.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread