No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 18 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 17 18
Re: Canada Goose Accountability [Re: yotetrapper30] #6274154
07/06/18 09:49 PM
07/06/18 09:49 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
W

McGrath, AK
I need some remedial explanation please. In MonsterTom's first post it sounds as though CG is unhappy with two things. The lack of quantity AND moreso the grading. Toms also used the phrase.."if the auctions comply". ( Monster....not doubting anything you say here. Just confused)

So then Coloradocat uses the term "Compliance office"

What I would like to know is COMPLIANCE with WHAT and by WHOM ?

I guess I fail to see how having a trapper sign anything, will increase the quantity and grade of coyotes offered.

Mean As Nails
Re: Canada Goose Accountability [Re: yotetrapper30] #6274157
07/06/18 09:54 PM
07/06/18 09:54 PM
Western Colorado
C
coloradocat Offline
trapper
coloradocat  Offline
trapper
C

Western Colorado
I might add to eliminate a lot of confusion in the coyote industry as well. CG is really only interested in coyotes from 6 states. Not that every state would produce a diamond in the rough, but those 6 states would produce the vast majority of the coyotes needed for there particular market and interest.

And no its not OK,AR,TX,GA,MO,MS.

I won, so Im waiting for my opponent in the championship round is why I jumped back on.LOL

Colorado Search and Rescue- Interfering with natural selection since 1976
Re: Canada Goose Accountability [Re: yotetrapper30] #6274158
07/06/18 09:55 PM
07/06/18 09:55 PM
potter co. p.a.
P
pcr2 Offline
"Twerker"
pcr2  Offline
"Twerker"
P

potter co. p.a.
knuckle dragger here also

Re: Canada Goose Accountability [Re: coloradocat] #6274160
07/06/18 09:58 PM
07/06/18 09:58 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

Originally Posted By: coloradocat
I might add to eliminate a lot of confusion in the coyote industry as well. CG is really only interested in coyotes from 6 states. Not that every state would produce a diamond in the rough, but those 6 states would produce the vast majority of the coyotes needed for there particular market and interest.

I won, so Im waiting for my opponent in the championship round is why I jumped back on.LOL
Well darn I was hoping to come to y'all's sale in the next year or two. Guess I'll leave my AR coyotes at home.

Re: Canada Goose Accountability [Re: coloradocat] #6274164
07/06/18 10:00 PM
07/06/18 10:00 PM
OK
Aaron Proffitt Offline
trapper
Aaron Proffitt  Offline
trapper

OK

Producing a lot of coyote for the market using cages ?

Honor a Soldier. Be the kind of American worth fighting for.
Re: Canada Goose Accountability [Re: yotetrapper30] #6274168
07/06/18 10:04 PM
07/06/18 10:04 PM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
Maybe not a cage Aaron but a rifle still works.

Otis, the guys in western edges of MN are averaging near as much as you CO fellers. The Goose shouldn't look past us.

Last edited by Steven 49er; 07/06/18 10:06 PM.

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: Canada Goose Accountability [Re: yotetrapper30] #6274169
07/06/18 10:05 PM
07/06/18 10:05 PM
Western Colorado
C
coloradocat Offline
trapper
coloradocat  Offline
trapper
C

Western Colorado
I guess one could always look at the business perspective of things. If you cant find a article or material that you need in your production, then you search out the best alternative market. Wouldn't that just be a pile if that alternative was blue fox.

The bottom line to me is this. CG will do whatever is needed to protect there interest and there customers, and the shareholders. There will be some who would probably comply, and some who certainly wouldn't. Shearling producers seem to be onboard, and the goose down producers seem to be on board. If they cant make the other one work, then refer to the above statement and you search out another article.

Or as a business you only do business with individuals or producers that are willing to comply, and hope they can produce enough to fill the need. And if not refer to the above statement again and search out a article that can.

Re: Canada Goose Accountability [Re: Aaron Proffitt] #6274170
07/06/18 10:08 PM
07/06/18 10:08 PM
Western Colorado
C
coloradocat Offline
trapper
coloradocat  Offline
trapper
C

Western Colorado
Originally Posted By: Aaron Proffitt

Producing a lot of coyote for the market using cages ?

You would be shocked to know the number of coyotes produced in Colorado

Re: Canada Goose Accountability [Re: yotetrapper30] #6274171
07/06/18 10:09 PM
07/06/18 10:09 PM
OK
Aaron Proffitt Offline
trapper
Aaron Proffitt  Offline
trapper

OK
Yes sir, I no doubt would be. Compared to what other states in the six state Mecca ?

Honor a Soldier. Be the kind of American worth fighting for.
Re: Canada Goose Accountability [Re: Steven 49er] #6274173
07/06/18 10:11 PM
07/06/18 10:11 PM
Western Colorado
C
coloradocat Offline
trapper
coloradocat  Offline
trapper
C

Western Colorado
Originally Posted By: Steven 49er

Otis, the guys in western edges of MN are averaging near as much as you CO fellers. The Goose shouldn't look past us.

So are the guys in NY. One has to remember CG isn't the only game in town. CG has a specific article they want and need. Other knock offs need a different look as well.

Don't kill the messanger, just relaying what I was told. It really doesn't make two _____ to me.

Re: Canada Goose Accountability [Re: white17] #6274174
07/06/18 10:14 PM
07/06/18 10:14 PM
The great cage state Colorado
M
Monster Toms Offline
trapper
Monster Toms  Offline
trapper
M

Originally Posted By: white17
I need some remedial explanation please. In MonsterTom's first post it sounds as though CG is unhappy with two things. The lack of quantity AND moreso the grading. Toms also used the phrase.."if the auctions comply". ( Monster....not doubting anything you say here. Just confused)

So then Coloradocat uses the term "Compliance office"

What I would like to know is COMPLIANCE with WHAT and by WHOM ?

I guess I fail to see how having a trapper sign anything, will increase the quantity and grade of coyotes offered.

I stated that CG was un happy with NAFA/FHA due to the lots not matching the sample. If the the western states auctions will comply with there wishes of legal take CG will certify said auctions as compliant. Thus purchasing the goods they need.

Re: Canada Goose Accountability [Re: ] #6274175
07/06/18 10:15 PM
07/06/18 10:15 PM
Western Colorado
C
coloradocat Offline
trapper
coloradocat  Offline
trapper
C

Western Colorado
Originally Posted By: J Staton

Well darn I was hoping to come to y'all's sale in the next year or two. Guess I'll leave my AR coyotes at home.

We would sure sell them, just probably not to CG. I don't think I said a word about your coyotes not having any value. Pretty sure I specifically said CG didn't think so.

Re: Canada Goose Accountability [Re: wallfur] #6274176
07/06/18 10:16 PM
07/06/18 10:16 PM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
Originally Posted By: wallfur
not bashing GC marty.. just there approach, it is consumers that drive the market.

Originally Posted By: wallfur

Consumers may drive the market they may not. Many times a market is developed by a new invention, product or business model. It appears that sustainability and traceability is becoming CG's business model.

[quote=coloradocat]I guess one could always look at the business perspective of things. If you cant find a article or material that you need in your production, then you search out the best alternative market. Wouldn't that just be a pile if that alternative was blue fox.

The bottom line to me is this. CG will do whatever is needed to protect there interest and there customers, and the shareholders. There will be some who would probably comply, and some who certainly wouldn't. Shearling producers seem to be onboard, and the goose down producers seem to be on board. If they cant make the other one work, then refer to the above statement and you search out another article.

Or as a business you only do business with individuals or producers that are willing to comply, and hope they can produce enough to fill the need. And if not refer to the above statement again and search out a article that can.

This about sums it up as explained to me by a couple really big players in the game, if not the biggest. Trappers need to realize that CG produces more coats without coyote trim then with. Maybe they would just drop wild fur all together or hopefully we can get them to look at other articles. In my wildest dreams they'd switch to beaver. I'd be rich.

Re: Canada Goose Accountability [Re: yotetrapper30] #6274179
07/06/18 10:25 PM
07/06/18 10:25 PM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
Otis or Todd can correct me if I'm wrong but another thing that was explained to me is the best of the best coyotes aren't necessarily going to CG. There are other users for that market.

I am told that CG has a price range they want to stay in and a certain quality within that range. Make no bones about but the lower end goods are brought up in price from the demand for those higher goods if other users want to utilize coyotes.

I'm with Phil, I've been looking at this kicking and screaming but I am also educating myself to what it is about. You know what the worst part of it for me is so far? I am finding myself agreeing a little bit with Boco. Ouch!

Angela, I'm thinking that of anyone in the country that has discussed this with CG the most, Monster Tom has to be right up there. I think it would behoove the NTA and other organizations to talk to the organizers of the CTA sale and get a feel for what the trend is. Let's get on top of this now and get a seat at the table drafting this stuff instead of being on the menu. BTW thank you for posting the report.

Re: Canada Goose Accountability [Re: coloradocat] #6274184
07/06/18 10:28 PM
idaho
W
wallfur Online content
trapper
wallfur  Online Content
trapper
W

idaho
I guess one could always look at the business perspective of things. If you cant find a article or material that you need in your production, then you search out the best alternative market. Wouldn't that just be a pile if that alternative was blue fox.

.....you make it sound like this will make the coyote market last forever if we get onboard...if it does where do I sign? and any market guarantee go with that?.... bottom line the consumers decide the market not GC...but I understand why they are promoting coyote. because that market could change anyday. and as with any business they can careless about what we have to deal with when they gone or the fashion trend shifts...thanks for the insight you guys at CTA posted here and if that clause is all they need signed.....well I can live with that because we are already doing that.

Last edited by wallfur; 07/06/18 10:41 PM.
Re: Canada Goose Accountability [Re: coloradocat] #6274186
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

mn north of blakely

So are the guys in NY. One has to remember CG isn't the only game in town. CG has a specific article they want and need. Other knock offs need a different look as well.

Don't kill the messanger, just relaying what I was told. It really doesn't make two _____ to me.

You keep playing cornhole, it may make two___P to yah buddy ha.

When CG decides to use good coon they are going to come a calling seeing as you feller can't produce enough.

Re: Canada Goose Accountability [Re: Steven 49er] #6274198
07/06/18 10:48 PM
07/06/18 10:48 PM
M
Monster Toms Offline
trapper
Monster Toms  Offline
trapper
M

Otis or Todd can correct me if I'm wrong but another thing that was explained to me is the best of the best coyotes aren't necessarily going to CG. There are other users for that market.

I am told that CG has a price range they want to stay in and a certain quality within that range. Make no bones about but the lower end goods are brought up in price from the demand for those higher goods if other users want to utilize coyotes.

I'm with Phil, I've been looking at this kicking and screaming but I am also educating myself to what it is about. You know what the worst part of it for me is so far? I am finding myself agreeing a little bit with Boco. Ouch!

Angela, I'm thinking that of anyone in the country that has discussed this with CG the most, Monster Tom has to be right up there. I think it would behoove the NTA and other organizations to talk to the organizers of the CTA sale and get a feel for what the trend is. Let's get on top of this now and get a seat at the table drafting this stuff instead of being on the menu. BTW thank you for posting the report.

It is always nice to know there is another voice of reason out there! If CG can buy the best for the right money they will use them. but like everything, big business has a budget, buy the best you can afford and move on. This is how tractor supply can trim coats bought with $10 coyotes.

Re: Canada Goose Accountability [Re: Aaron Proffitt] #6274202
07/06/18 10:52 PM
07/06/18 10:52 PM
Western Colorado
C
coloradocat Offline
trapper
coloradocat  Offline
trapper
C

Western Colorado
Originally Posted By: Aaron Proffitt
Yes sir, I no doubt would be. Compared to what other states in the six state Mecca ?

I think your missing the point. Its not about the total number of coyotes produced in any of the 6 state mecca. Its the quality of coyotes that are produced in areas of that "6 state mecca".

Colorado has great coyotes and it has horrible coyotes. WY and MT are exactly the same.

Re: Canada Goose Accountability [Re: yotetrapper30] #6274209
07/06/18 11:08 PM
07/06/18 11:08 PM
Western Colorado
C
coloradocat Offline
trapper
coloradocat  Offline
trapper
C

Western Colorado
I really don't think myself or Monstertom could really respond to who uses what in the industry from the auction standpoint. That would certainly push the privacy issue.

That being said, there are certainly HIGH END users above CG. The best of the best. As well as users who seek the lower end. It just depends on what your using it for I suppose.

I would say at Colorado there is certainly times that there isn't enough heavy coyotes to go around that the semi plus and semi type coyotes get pushed up. I think with a little time and research one could follow the auctions and sort the grades out and somewhat figure out who was using what.

Re: Canada Goose Accountability [Re: Monster Toms] #6274227
07/07/18 12:02 AM
07/07/18 12:02 AM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
Originally Posted By: Monster Toms

It is always nice to know there is another voice of reason out there! If CG can buy the best for the right money they will use them. but like everything, big business has a budget, buy the best you can afford and move on. This is how tractor supply can trim coats bought with $10 coyotes.

I wouldn't call me a voice of reason. If you would have asked me a week ago what I thought about traceability I would have said pound sand. That is until I received a phone call a couple days ago that made me rethink my position. I've made several calls since trying to educate myself on what they want and what direction the markets could be heading. I think one of these days you and I need to talk and you can educate me some more.

But I digress you were speaking about economics and margins. One would think that when CG is charging 700 dollars on up for a parka it wouldnt matter if a coyote costs more but it's all about managing costs and margins. That's over the head of most trappers.

Page 11 of 18 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 17 18
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread