No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Wyoming Mule Deer Bow Hunt #6273787
07/06/18 09:47 AM
07/06/18 09:47 AM
Nebraska
G
guf54 Offline OP
trapper
guf54  Offline OP
trapper
G

Nebraska
I know it's too late to draw for a tag now but I have been wanting to get into more western big game hunting and thought I'd take a stab at Wyoming sometime. For the most part I'm limited to early archery seasons because I manage a grain elevator and October-November are no go due to grain harvest. I've done quite a bit of research already on the different regions/units in Wyoming but thought I'd ask around to see if anybody here would have some better knowledge on the state. I'm not trying to steal anybodies honeyhole here...Well maybe lol.

Re: Wyoming Mule Deer Bow Hunt [Re: guf54] #6273795
07/06/18 10:02 AM
07/06/18 10:02 AM
N.W. Iowa
T
Tactical.20 Offline
trapper
Tactical.20  Offline
trapper
T

N.W. Iowa
Go to bighorns,or other mountain range go couple day before season opens, scout, when they are in velvet they are kinda predictable

Re: Wyoming Mule Deer Bow Hunt [Re: guf54] #6273800
07/06/18 10:15 AM
07/06/18 10:15 AM
SE NEBRASKA
NebrCatMan Offline
trapper
NebrCatMan  Offline
trapper

SE NEBRASKA
If you want a western hunt up in the rockies, you could try an early season bow hunt for elk in Colorado. Season starts the 25th of Aug this year. Buy your tag over the counter in a lot of units. A tent, foam pad and sleeping bag can get you started for a camp. Learn the ropes and have fun up high. I did back in 2002 or 2003. Started just like that. Now have all the goodies for a good camp. But it was fun roughing it!!

Remember "Forbidden Fruit makes many Jams"
Re: Wyoming Mule Deer Bow Hunt [Re: guf54] #6273808
07/06/18 10:40 AM
07/06/18 10:40 AM
Nebraska
G
guf54 Offline OP
trapper
guf54  Offline OP
trapper
G

Nebraska
Yeah I've looked into the bighorns a little and it does look like they have relatively higher archery success than a lot of the other units. I've been reading some books as well and they all say to get up real high to find the bachelor groups early.

And yes a Colorado elk hunt is definitely something on my to do list! I don't know if I will have time this fall for it but the OTC tags they offer are real nice when you're not sure yet.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread