ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Deleted #6275393
07/09/18 08:02 AM
07/09/18 08:02 AM
Louisiana
Aix sponsa Offline OP
trapper
Aix sponsa  Offline OP
trapper

Louisiana

Re: I Don’t Think You CAN Catch Them? Do What? [Re: Aix sponsa] #6275409
07/09/18 08:42 AM
07/09/18 08:42 AM
ky
R
Redsleeves Offline
trapper
Redsleeves  Offline
trapper
R

ky
Lack of basic knowledge of animals, lots of people make the mistake of giving them the human brain! Animals make every move on instinct if it walks or crawls it can be killed or trapped!
Then in my country there are people who thank they can trap or kill one or two. And it's over. I use to do some work and can't tell you how many people belive that! The public don't understand when some slick talker tells sure I be there take care of it in a day or 2! Red flag to me is a operator won't even look at the job and on and on! So they get a jack leg who catches 1 then deems the rest untouchable. These are your beaver educators this country's full of um!
Muddobber
Colt

Re: I Don’t Think You CAN Catch Them? Do What? [Re: Aix sponsa] #6275443
07/09/18 09:31 AM
07/09/18 09:31 AM
Louisiana
AirportTrapper Offline
trapper
AirportTrapper  Offline
trapper

Louisiana
Ignorance

If it makes a track on this earth , I can catch it.
Re: I Don’t Think You CAN Catch Them? Do What? [Re: Aix sponsa] #6275531
07/09/18 12:48 PM
07/09/18 12:48 PM
ky
R
Redsleeves Offline
trapper
Redsleeves  Offline
trapper
R

ky
I know what you mean, the difference with you and a challenge is you know it's gonna be a challenge and you can't stop till there gone,and then the problem will be solved!
And yes challenging ones self is the only way to learn!
Colt

Re: I Don’t Think You CAN Catch Them? Do What? [Re: Aix sponsa] #6279105
07/14/18 07:31 PM
07/14/18 07:31 PM
Schenectady, NY
E
EatenByLimestone Offline
trapper
EatenByLimestone  Offline
trapper
E

Schenectady, NY
If the client is convinced they can't be caught, then you can charge more per animal!

Re: I Don’t Think You CAN Catch Them? Do What? [Re: Aix sponsa] #6279656
07/15/18 05:47 PM
07/15/18 05:47 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Well,animals like to occupy an area for a reason,and if the populations are unmanaged on the landscape,that means there is likely an overpopulation on a wider scale,thus more will move in after you take out the offenders.
Wildlife management is the solution.When the animals are not managed on the landscape then the nuisance work is just reactive to a larger problem.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: I Don’t Think You CAN Catch Them? Do What? [Re: Aix sponsa] #6280646
07/17/18 08:19 AM
07/17/18 08:19 AM
Monroeville NJ
J
Jonesie Offline
trapper
Jonesie  Offline
trapper
J

Monroeville NJ
Sometimes there is a small % of uncatchable animals. Most will fall in the 80% and can be caught, and even most of the 20% can be caught with effort or even a lot of effort, but there are some that just are not going to be caught. Most of the time, these can't catch ums. for me, take off when the pressure is being applied. only to come back at a later time. I have had 2 beaver jobs come to mind that this happened and many coon, squirrel and groundhog jobs over the past 39 years that just takes off, and the person not looking for it can miss it. I am always looking for it, I have developed ways to see this. (6 phases of the grey squirrel, 6 phases of the coon and skunk phases) I know I am not the best, and may not catch all and everything all the time. sometimes the critter kicks my butt LOL Seeing it coming makes me feel better LOL

I remember a job where I was getting my tail handed to me by a groundhog. Every time I set up snare or cage it took off, (can't use killers or foot holds) I would pull the traps and 5 to 7 days the hog would come back. It was getting old LOL I was standing in the yard trying to think what I can do when this person comes to the fence and said I will show you how to catch that thing!!!!! I was in a very bad mood and Jeff you know how straight forward I can be when I am not happy. LOL I looked at him and said yeah think so????? He said watermelon you have to understand what your doing and know the right bait. I looked at him and said why don't you follow me to my truck I want to show you something. We went to my truck and there was bunch of critters in there. He looked for a sec, then looked at me with this dumb expression of wow. I said I think I know what I am doing now leave me alone!!!!!!! LOL I never got that hog It just got tired of me hounding it and disappeared.

A job like you talked about can happen, and to the person that is involved they may be causing the job to go that way, and not know it. I know I have caused it to happen. In their minds it is unsolvable. They think I am good so there for no one can do it. I call this thinking more highly of my self than I really am LOL And GOD brings a dumb animal I can't catch, to me to force me back to reality LOL

Maybe habitat modification is needed after they are taken out, to keep them out to really totally solve the problem long term, But folks tend to do what they want rather than what is smart for no other reason than this is what I think, based on nothing more than what I think. (that is a mind twister !!!!!) I can't tell you how many folks mess things up because they try modification while they are trying to catch. LOL A calm animal is easier to catch than a keyed up animal and habitat modification to make the animal leave or not want to be there will definitely key up a critter LOL

Ron Jones
http://www.acpwildlifepro.net/
Rednecks Pride Game Calls / Outdoor Scents
Rednecks Pride Outdoors podcast
Friend me on FaceBook
Re: I Don’t Think You CAN Catch Them? Do What? [Re: Aix sponsa] #6280744
07/17/18 11:00 AM
07/17/18 11:00 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
To catch the shy ones,It helps a lot if you are not hindered by trapcheck time limits.Staying away from GOOD BLIND sets for a longer time will often be the downfall of the shy critter.

Last edited by Boco; 07/17/18 11:01 AM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: I Don’t Think You CAN Catch Them? Do What? [Re: Aix sponsa] #6280899
07/17/18 04:24 PM
07/17/18 04:24 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
Shoulda tried the melon anyway, I will keep that in the back of my head for someday.

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Re: I Don’t Think You CAN Catch Them? Do What? [Re: BigBob] #6281045
07/17/18 08:03 PM
07/17/18 08:03 PM
Monroeville NJ
J
Jonesie Offline
trapper
Jonesie  Offline
trapper
J

Monroeville NJ
Originally Posted By: BigBob
Shoulda tried the melon anyway, I will keep that in the back of my head for someday.

My baits I make have melon in them LOL

Ron Jones
http://www.acpwildlifepro.net/
Rednecks Pride Game Calls / Outdoor Scents
Rednecks Pride Outdoors podcast
Friend me on FaceBook
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread