No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Bad times at Ohio State [Re: elkaholic] #6293482
08/03/18 01:23 PM
08/03/18 01:23 PM
Nebraska
R
rawcalls Offline
trapper
rawcalls  Offline
trapper
R

Nebraska
Originally Posted By: elkaholic
I watched a lot of sports shows last night and today. They all said this doesn't fall under Title IX because the lady wasn't an employee.

Like I said above, it is the University policy put in place to make sure they are abiding by Federal Title IX laws. Below is the actual University policy if anyone wants to read it.

OSU Policy

Re: Bad times at Ohio State [Re: corky] #6293489
08/03/18 01:35 PM
08/03/18 01:35 PM
Akron, Ohio
bass10 Offline
trapper
bass10  Offline
trapper

Akron, Ohio
I knew it wouldn't be long before Jbyrd showed up. Remember, if you already didn't like OSU and or Urban then you've already found him guilty before all the factsd are in. Oh you'll spout off facts like you know they are facts but you really don't know. Then on the other side is me, who loves Urban and OSU and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and fight for him even when I probably shouldn't. Tried, convicted and executed by Trapperman know it alls.

My take is 3 years later she decides to come forward and the only other person she reached out to was Shelly Meyer, not her mom, not her sister or brother, not any of her close friends, not clergy, not law, not a lawyer but Shelly???

"The more people I meet the more I love my dog!"
Re: Bad times at Ohio State [Re: jbyrd63] #6293490
08/03/18 01:37 PM
08/03/18 01:37 PM
Akron, Ohio
bass10 Offline
trapper
bass10  Offline
trapper

Akron, Ohio
Originally Posted By: jbyrd63
Big question is if they/ he didn't know , WHY DID THEY FIRE the wife beater. LOL

They were divorced years ago and just recently she filed a restraining order against her ex and it was granted. AT that point a judge found grounds to grant that order. As soon as that was granted Urban fired him. He knew a restraining order was granted, that's what is known for sure. Now twist away.

Re: Bad times at Ohio State [Re: bass10] #6293537
08/03/18 02:47 PM
08/03/18 02:47 PM
AR
T
TurkeyWrangler Offline
trapper
TurkeyWrangler  Offline
trapper
T

AR
Originally Posted By: bass10
I knew it wouldn't be long before Jbyrd showed up. Remember, if you already didn't like OSU and or Urban then you've already found him guilty before all the factsd are in. Oh you'll spout off facts like you know they are facts but you really don't know. Then on the other side is me, who loves Urban and OSU and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and fight for him even when I probably shouldn't. Tried, convicted and executed by Trapperman know it alls.

My take is 3 years later she decides to come forward and the only other person she reached out to was Shelly Meyer, not her mom, not her sister or brother, not any of her close friends, not clergy, not law, not a lawyer but Shelly???

I'm sure you thought Tressel was a saint too and yes I don't like OS or Vermin Meyer and that goes back to his Florida days. I will give him some credit though. He could recruit killer tight ends.

Poor people have poor ways.
Re: Bad times at Ohio State [Re: corky] #6293554
08/03/18 03:14 PM
08/03/18 03:14 PM
Southern Indiana
P
Pressure9pa Offline
trapper
Pressure9pa  Offline
trapper
P

Southern Indiana
Assuming the original reports are true, it's hard to imagine Urban surviving this one. His only paths are

1. Throw his wife under the bus - saying she never told him. While not really believable (particularly after his statements at B1G media days about how she's involved in everything), it might create enough doubt that OSU could get away with just slapping his wrist. She'd be dismissed, and perhaps de-registered, but she probably will be anyway.

2. Claim that he thought law enforcement was notified, and that relieved him of his Title IX & University obligations. While that shows a pretty poor understanding of his responsibilities, it might also give OSU enough cover to treat it as a less-than-fireable offense.

Regardless, it's pretty clear that OSU is planning for his dismissal, or at least a long term absence. The most obvious sign is that both of their coordinators are former high level NCAA head coaches, and neither of them are the interim coach. If they thought this was a short term absence, either Wilson or Schiano would be running current practices. The fact they aren't tells me that they plan to go well into 2018 and likely the whole season with a new approach.

Last edited by Pressure9pa; 08/03/18 03:59 PM. Reason: spelling
Re: Bad times at Ohio State [Re: TurkeyWrangler] #6293558
08/03/18 03:15 PM
08/03/18 03:15 PM
Akron, Ohio
bass10 Offline
trapper
bass10  Offline
trapper

Akron, Ohio
Originally Posted By: TurkeyWrangler

I'm sure you thought Tressel was a saint too and yes I don't like OS or Vermin Meyer and that goes back to his Florida days. I will give him some credit though. He could recruit killer tight ends.

You can go out today and look long and hard and won't find a better man than Jim Tressel, as a coach slightly below Urban but as a person its not even close. Tressel is now the president of Youngstown State University. All he did was support his kids who traded memorabilia for tats. You can't hardly put him in a dark shadow for that? But yes, haters will. If you think little of Tressel your best friends must be clergy.

Re: Bad times at Ohio State [Re: bass10] #6293609
08/03/18 04:58 PM
08/03/18 04:58 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky

WHOA back up there . Urban Meyer has and still is one of my favorite coaches. LOL watch the ESPN report been all over the news that him AND his wife are / were employees of the university. Google it jack
As for OHCRYO ST don't care for them .
you got that part right.

Last edited by jbyrd63; 08/03/18 05:04 PM.
Re: Bad times at Ohio State [Re: corky] #6293611
08/03/18 05:03 PM
08/03/18 05:03 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
Here I did it for you . But not many pics so you may not understand she instructs nurses at OHCRYO ST

https://heavy.com/sports/2018/08/urban-meyer-wife-shelley/

Re: Bad times at Ohio State [Re: corky] #6293615
08/03/18 05:07 PM
08/03/18 05:07 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
You can go out today and look long and hard and won't find a better man than Jim Tressel, as a coach slightly below Urban but as a person its not even close. Tressel is now the president of Youngstown State University. All he did was support his kids who traded memorabilia for tats. You can't hardly put him in a dark shadow for that? But yes, haters will. If you think little of Tressel your best friends must be clergy

REALLY . The fact he let them play in championship game the same year and didn't suspend them until the following year showed me all I needed to know. Winning over teaching that's his motto.

Last edited by jbyrd63; 08/03/18 05:08 PM.
Re: Bad times at Ohio State [Re: corky] #6293633
08/03/18 05:34 PM
08/03/18 05:34 PM
Central Pa. 62
B
bic Offline
"Mr. Sensitivity"
bic  Offline
"Mr. Sensitivity"
B

Central Pa. 62
At the Big 10 Media days, shortly before this all blew up. Urb was talking about his Wife and said they have a great relationship and talk to each other about everything that's going on in their lives. It's gonna be pretty hard NOW for Urb to say, "she never told me". Truth is, I hate OSU but after the Lynch mob mentality that stormed PSU a few years ago, I don't wish that on any one. Not even OSU.

Life always offers a second chance.
It's called Tomorrow
Re: Bad times at Ohio State [Re: corky] #6293811
08/03/18 10:24 PM
08/03/18 10:24 PM
Southern Indiana
P
Pressure9pa Offline
trapper
Pressure9pa  Offline
trapper
P

Southern Indiana

Re: Bad times at Ohio State [Re: corky] #6293993
08/04/18 07:48 AM
08/04/18 07:48 AM
meadowview, Virginia
E
EdP Offline
trapper
EdP  Offline
trapper
E

meadowview, Virginia
From the OSU Policy:

Applies to: Faculty, staff, students, student employees, graduate associates, appointees, volunteers, supplier/contractor, and visitors.

As far as I can see it does not apply to the spouse of a university employee. The entire policy is focused on the protection of members of the university community. The wife of a coach is not such a member unless she is also faculty, staff, student, etc.

It's important to know what is in a document if you are going to reference it to support your argument.

Re: Bad times at Ohio State [Re: bass10] #6294034
08/04/18 08:59 AM
08/04/18 08:59 AM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky

HA HA HA HA gues ole JBYRD must have showed up and spouted off the facts. You did hear about him saying he lied and knew about it in 2015. But of course someone else is to blame because the coach wasn't fired then. Wouldn't you think the head coach had the power to hire and fire ???? LOL LOL

http://www.tmz.com/2018/08/03/urban-meyer-knew-about-2015-zach-smith-incident-and-lied-to-the-media/

Bass 10 for your benefit here is an article where I got my "facts" that are spouting out of my mouth.....

Re: Bad times at Ohio State [Re: jbyrd63] #6294065
08/04/18 09:48 AM
08/04/18 09:48 AM
Akron, Ohio
bass10 Offline
trapper
bass10  Offline
trapper

Akron, Ohio
Originally Posted By: jbyrd63

HA HA HA HA gues ole JBYRD must have showed up and spouted off the facts. You did hear about him saying he lied and knew about it in 2015. But of course someone else is to blame because the coach wasn't fired then. Wouldn't you think the head coach had the power to hire and fire ???? LOL LOL

http://www.tmz.com/2018/08/03/urban-meyer-knew-about-2015-zach-smith-incident-and-lied-to-the-media/

Bass 10 for your benefit here is an article where I got my "facts" that are spouting out of my mouth.....

No but of course showed up to spout off his fat mouth. You can win an argument with an intelligent person once in awhile, you can never win one with an ignorant one. That’s why I didn’t respond, you merely take away from every thread you’re on. Shame because there are some good posts to read. Keep believing everything you read in the media and especially TMZ, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Re: Bad times at Ohio State [Re: corky] #6294177
08/04/18 12:17 PM
08/04/18 12:17 PM
Ohio, Old fart to some.
ack Offline
trapper
ack  Offline
trapper

Ohio, Old fart to some.

_________

I used to have superpowers… but a therapist took them away.

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
Re: Bad times at Ohio State [Re: corky] #6294192
08/04/18 12:43 PM
08/04/18 12:43 PM
NC, Orange Co.
QuietButDeadly Offline
trapper
QuietButDeadly  Offline
trapper

NC, Orange Co.
And wonder which version of the truth or lack thereof it contains. He really does not have a squeaky clean record of knowing the difference.

Life Member: NCTA, VTA, NTA, TTFHA, MFTI
Member: FTA NRA NWTF
Re: Bad times at Ohio State [Re: corky] #6294193
08/04/18 12:45 PM
08/04/18 12:45 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
Only posted the link to tmz . Sorry that I didn't post ESPN link to the same story.
Sorry if the truth hurts you bass 10.

Me personally , I think Urban is going to be the scape goat. In todays society of the "Me too" movement people get wayyy too bent out of shape over someone "hearing" about any form of abuse. The abuser fry him! Urban and or Ohio st smack on the wrist and move on.

Re: Bad times at Ohio State [Re: jbyrd63] #6294393
08/04/18 07:23 PM
08/04/18 07:23 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
We discuss who's ox is being gored here and was it right, wrong etc. but the real issue is that at the moment of integrity or when it counted the ball was dropped and it is our society that suffers from these deals. Instead of trying to change our attitudes toward these events we spend our time thinking about who got screwed and should not have or who should have gotten screwed and didn't.

Bryce

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread