Strictly Trapping

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)

TrappersPost
Please support Trappers post, a sponsor of the Strictly Trapping Forum

Print Thread
Hop To
Chickens #6294050
08/04/18 09:17 AM
08/04/18 09:17 AM
N.E. Nebr
L
LDW Offline OP
trapper
LDW  Offline OP
trapper
L

N.E. Nebr
I have access to a whole freezer full of freezer burnt chickens. How could I use them for trapping coyotes?

Re: Chickens [Re: LDW] #6294173
08/04/18 12:10 PM
08/04/18 12:10 PM
Mass
TDHP Offline
trapper
TDHP  Offline
trapper

Mass
Originally Posted By: LDW
I have access to a whole freezer full of freezer burnt chickens. How could I use them for trapping coyotes?

Thaw, "taint" for as long as "desired", trail camera. The animals have the answer. If you feel you absolutely need to become a chemist and get ya phd in "formulating" as many think you need to make an effective bait&lure, there is virtually no limit. You don't need a long list of ingredients to effectively attract animals to an area "hole". As easy as it is to do, don't get balled up and become wrapped around the axle trying to attract canines.

Smile, you're an expert!
http://tdhpwildlifecontrol.webs.com/
Re: Chickens [Re: LDW] #6294352
08/04/18 06:19 PM
08/04/18 06:19 PM
Central/Western Texas
AuthorTrapper Offline
trapper
AuthorTrapper  Offline
trapper

Central/Western Texas
Might try adding some bait solution and some bobcat, grey fox, red fox, or coyote urine to it.

Re: Chickens [Re: LDW] #6294495
08/04/18 09:37 PM
08/04/18 09:37 PM
Central NC
T
traprjohn Offline
trapper
traprjohn  Offline
trapper
T

Central NC
Nick Wyshinski tells how to do it in his book I believe.

Have you invested in it?...or all 3 of Nicks books?

Especially since you can get them, all lure/bait making books free.

www.sevenoakstrappingsupplies.com for trap mods and gear
The 10 Commandments are not suggestions.
Buy a soldiers meal EVERY chance you can.

Re: Chickens [Re: LDW] #6294688
08/05/18 07:25 AM
08/05/18 07:25 AM
NE NE
W
Wife Offline
trapper
Wife  Offline
trapper
W

NE NE
You can taint some for more odor but I like to re-hydrate freezer burned meat with milk. Soak and then you can use it anyway you want as unfrozen aged not spoiled, slight taint or tainted to liquid. Any meat that is tainted will give you that more odor attraction, but my experience shows (many times but not always) that an odor desire/alert by canines can be satisfied at a distance and unless they are hungry (or you've got the best dope ever poured from a bottle) they do not come close enough to work a set. With all the No-Till farming there is an ocean of food in our croplands until the dead of winter so a growling stomach is not as prominent as it was 20 years ago for them. They make a living with their noses and ears and eyes (in that order from my observations). Aged meat (not tainted) has worked good for me even near some pretty LOUD bait stations. Do some trials this next month and see what gets some visits. If it works, or not, for you....... and come visit your results with me at the NFH convention in West Point Sept. 21-22..... the mike

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Drifter, Wolfdog91