No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
I'm walking 60 miles to help end breast cancer! #6297646
08/08/18 11:40 PM
08/08/18 11:40 PM
Columbia, MO
D
Denny Russell Offline OP
trapper
Denny Russell  Offline OP
trapper
D

Columbia, MO

The Susan G. Komen 3-Day 60 Mile Walk has been a part of our lives for many years. We’ve watched our daughters, Julie and Becky, take on this challenge many, many times…8 for Becky and 9 for Julie! Donna and I have helped with their fundraising projects, driving their children to Texas to support them, bringing them gloves, candy, special meals, new socks…you name it! We’ve visited their campgrounds, cared for their children, brought their babies to them to nurse, and driven hundreds of miles around the Dallas/Fort Worth area from cheering station to cheering station to scream and yell and tell them how proud we are of their efforts!

So this year, the girls begged Donna and me to join them and walk 60 miles (yes, really!) over the course of three days at the Susan G. Komen 3-Day in Philadelphia on September 28, 29, 30. We decided to take on this BIG CHALLENGE! Breast cancer has hit so close to home this past year…we’ve had 4 dear friends diagnosed and begin their fight against this terrible disease! We also have 2 friends who’ve lost their moms to breast cancer. Donna and I want to raise money for a cause that’s very near and dear to our hearts, to help END breast cancer! We never want our daughters or granddaughters to have to face this disease.

So we’ve been lacing up our tennis shoes, going on training walks, and most importantly, we are now ASKING FOR MONEY! It is your donations that will help fund the research and the treatment that will make a difference. We’re not accustomed to asking for money, but we know this is not for us. This is for the future of our daughters, granddaughters, and all of the women in your life as well.

The 3-Day is just 60 days away!!! My goal is to raise $2,300 before then, so I have to get in gear and get started now! You can help! Click the link at the end of this email to go to my personal fundraising webpage, or email me directly at junkmandennyrussell@gmail.com and I’ll send you a donation form. (Or you can call 800-996-3DAY and the nice people at the 3-Day can take your donation over the phone.)

This is a huge deal for me, and that’s why I’m asking for help. Thank you, thank you, thank you for supporting this great cause!

With sincere gratitude,

Denny Russell

http://www.the3day.org/goto/dennyrussell

Re: I'm walking 60 miles to help end breast cancer! [Re: Denny Russell] #6297649
08/08/18 11:42 PM
08/08/18 11:42 PM
Goldsboro, North Carolina
Paul Dobbins Online content
"Trapperman custodian"
Paul Dobbins  Online Content
"Trapperman custodian"

Goldsboro, North Carolina
Good luck on your walk Denny.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread