No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: What do you think happens [Re: Bigmeat] #6303997
08/17/18 10:57 AM
08/17/18 10:57 AM
Philippines, s.e. asia,ohio
west river rogue Offline
trapper
west river rogue  Offline
trapper

einer gilkyson says"ill drop u a postcard from the other side".

Re: What do you think happens [Re: Bigmeat] #6303999
08/17/18 11:01 AM
08/17/18 11:01 AM
Hagerstown,MD
B
Bigmeat Offline OP
trapper
Bigmeat  Offline OP
trapper
B

Hagerstown,MD
Appreciate the responses. All very informative. My question was more along the lines, "what exactly" happens. Like, will we get to see others who have passed before us? We all have our beliefs, but what do you believe? Will you get to set on a porch and play cards with grandma again one day? Hunt rabbits with uncle Ed? Will technology one day be able to bring people back from the dead who can remember and tell us still living exactly what they saw, felt, heard, etc, etc. Again, i'm just rambling and thinkin out loud.

Re: What do you think happens [Re: Bigmeat] #6304001
08/17/18 11:02 AM
08/17/18 11:02 AM
west river rogue Offline
trapper
trapper

Originally Posted By: Bigmeat
Appreciate the responses. All very informative. My question was more along the lines, "what exactly" happens. Like, will we get to see others who have passed before us? We all have our beliefs, but what do you believe? Will you get to set on a porch and play cards with grandma again one day? Hunt rabbits with uncle Ed? Will technology one day be able to bring people back from the dead who can remember and tell us still living exactly what they saw, felt, heard, etc, etc. Again, i'm just rambling and thinkin out loud.
good question.

Re: What do you think happens [Re: danny clifton] #6304004
08/17/18 11:06 AM
08/17/18 11:06 AM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Offline
Y

Marion Kansas
Originally Posted By: danny clifton
How do you convince yourself such an outlandish tale is true?
I'm curious what facts can you disprove from the outlandish tale?

Re: What do you think happens [Re: Bigmeat] #6304011
08/17/18 11:09 AM
08/17/18 11:09 AM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
Yes sir  Offline
Y

Marion Kansas
I kind of think it goes back to the 3 questions that RKG talked about in an earlier post.

Last edited by Yes sir; 08/17/18 11:21 AM.
Re: What do you think happens [Re: Bigmeat] #6304014
08/17/18 11:12 AM
08/17/18 11:12 AM
PA
R
RKG Offline
trapper
RKG  Offline
trapper
R

PA

My belief is a restoration of the intent and purpose of the Garden of Eden prior to the fall.

Our purpose to glorify Almighty God, and to serve Him with the unique characteristics and abilities He created in each and every one of us. Just as Adam recognized and interacted with Eve, I believe that we will know and interact with others, but our greater purpose is serving and worshipping God, and from that, we will derive our greatest happiness, peace and unspeakable joy.

Re: What do you think happens [Re: Bigmeat] #6304037
08/17/18 11:57 AM
08/17/18 11:57 AM
Ohio
OhioBoy Offline
trapper
OhioBoy  Offline
trapper

Ohio
My buddy is from India.

His faith believes that you are reincarnated into another life here on earth. Basically there are only so many souls so they get recycled. I knew that part already.
(thats why they are vegetarian b/c if they eat an animal that might be grandma)

Talking to him there is more to it than that. They are reincarnated into a life that they deserve from living the life that they just left.

But theres more to it than that even... if youre a good person you are upgraded each time and after 7 (or so?) upgrades you are worthy to live in what we would call heaven.

Anyway... I went into all of that b/c one of the worse things you can be in his religion is a dog. Think about dogs where he is from living in the streets starving digging through dumps for food.

Then he moved here and saw how our yuppy dogs live in the city. lol. He said dogs have it made over here being pampered and he's been living wrong his whole life. LOL.

Anyway, I thought it was interesting. And I think him seeing how different people live and believe and wondering if hes been told wrong his whole life plays into the bigger overall picture of this thread too.

Re: What do you think happens [Re: Bigmeat] #6304081
08/17/18 01:32 PM
08/17/18 01:32 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
The emporer is naked

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: What do you think happens [Re: Bigmeat] #6304091
08/17/18 02:00 PM
08/17/18 02:00 PM
Kentucky
K
Kyt Offline
trapper
Kyt  Offline
trapper
K

Kentucky
If you didn't drink a gallon of Wild Turkey 101 you rot.

Re: What do you think happens [Re: Bigmeat] #6304248
08/17/18 07:17 PM
08/17/18 07:17 PM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana

Lol

You need about 50 threads for this question.

My advice remains the same.

Re: What do you think happens [Re: Bigmeat] #6304368
08/17/18 09:55 PM
08/17/18 09:55 PM
Pa
A
Art S Offline
trapper
Art S  Offline
trapper
A

Pa

People are dying to find those answers.

Re: What do you think happens [Re: Bigmeat] #6304472
08/18/18 04:36 AM
08/18/18 04:36 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
if the garden of eden is rebuilt are you not worried somebody will eat the apple again? if there is no apple tree wont that mean there is no longer free will? I mean if somebody ate it once why wont somebody eat it again?

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: What do you think happens [Re: Bigmeat] #6304480
08/18/18 05:43 AM
08/18/18 05:43 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Having been born into sin and saved, we will not be returning as Adam and Eve.

-Goofy-
Re: What do you think happens [Re: Bigmeat] #6304497
08/18/18 06:33 AM
08/18/18 06:33 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
If a persons time on earth is just a test to determine if that individual is worthy of heaven, why are people born so different? Take psychopaths for example. People born without empathy. How are they supposed to love their neighbor as their self?

On another thread people are talking about drag queens. Gay people claim they are born that way. That homosexuality is not a choice. I would daydeam about kissing girls in my kindergarten class. Gay people daydream the same kind of stuff only about people of their own sex. Why are people punished for being what their creator created them to be? Psychopaths or gay for example.

What about people raised in a culture of Hinduism? They hear about Christianity but reject it because of what they have lived and been taught from birth. They get set on fire too? By the supreme judge of the universe? Kinda seems like that judge is more than a little mentally ill his/her self.

Re: What do you think happens [Re: Bigmeat] #6304504
08/18/18 06:46 AM
08/18/18 06:46 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

You are correct, people are born different but all into sin. All things that separate individuals from God. The ones you mention are big as we measure but are no different than anything else that separates us. These can only be overcome with God's strength.

Why?

Because God wants us to depend on Him for all our needs.

-Goofy-
Re: What do you think happens [Re: Bigmeat] #6304506
08/18/18 06:51 AM
08/18/18 06:51 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

I don't know what is in the heart of every person so I can't tell you who will burn and who will not.

Re: What do you think happens [Re: Bigmeat] #6304552
08/18/18 07:57 AM
08/18/18 07:57 AM
west river rogue Offline
trapper
trapper

we cease!! The only reason I send my son to church and christian school is so he has the right to make an informed decision when he is older. I do my best to arm him with the right tools. If nothing else,he will learn good morals there.

Re: What do you think happens [Re: danny clifton] #6304591
08/18/18 08:38 AM
08/18/18 08:38 AM
PA
R
RKG Offline
trapper
RKG  Offline
trapper
R

PA
if the garden of eden is rebuilt are you not worried somebody will eat the apple again? if there is no apple tree wont that mean there is no longer free will? I mean if somebody ate it once why wont somebody eat it again?

Ummm no because of this- All of the ones who will enjoy the new Garden, have been redeemed from under the curse. In Christ we are a new creation, but are still housed in a body of flesh (sin). At the rapture, or at death, glorification takes place- the sinful fleshly body is replaced with a glorious one. We will be like Christ, for we shall see Him as He is.

Having been redeemed from the curse of the law, being freed from a body of sin and death, having Satan cast into the lake of fire, there remains no sin or influence of sin.

My sole purpose becomes to honor, glorify and worship Almighty God. My free will to do these things is the ultimate in respect and love towards Him. Even if the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil still exists or would be accessible (which I'm not sure that it would be), my desire is towards Almighty God, not towards myself.

Re: What do you think happens [Re: danny clifton] #6304593
08/18/18 08:41 AM
08/18/18 08:41 AM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
Yes sir  Offline
Y

Marion Kansas
Satan won't be there to tempt us.

Re: What do you think happens [Re: Bigmeat] #6304630
08/18/18 09:14 AM
08/18/18 09:14 AM
PA
P
PAskinner Offline
trapper
PAskinner  Offline
trapper
P

PA
The earth will be remade. You will have all your favorite places back, only better. yes, this is Biblical.

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’[b] or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

5 He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

Note, that it does not saying he is making all new things, but that he is making all things new. I believe this to mean that the earth will not be destroyed, but remade without any flaws or sin to corrupt it.

Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread