No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Wheel chair accessible fishing near Hinckley #6303728
08/16/18 10:35 PM
08/16/18 10:35 PM
Waterville Minnesota
M
mudtracker Offline OP
trapper
mudtracker  Offline OP
trapper
M

Waterville Minnesota
I am looking for somewhere to take the family fishing this weekend and need to find a place that I can get a wheelchair to and maybe catch some fish. We will be staying in Hinckley, mn and probably going over to the isle area too. Is the pier at the state park there a good spot?

WHO MADE THIS MESS ALL OVER MY FLOOR THE MUDTRACKER WAS HERE HE HE HE
Re: Wheel chair accessible fishing near Hinckley [Re: mudtracker] #6303775
08/16/18 11:43 PM
08/16/18 11:43 PM
NY
Canvasback2 Offline
trapper
Canvasback2  Offline
trapper

NY
https://files.dnr.state.mn.us/maps/water_access/counties/pine.pdf

Google Handicapped accessible fishing in MN . The MN DNR website has maps of most of the Counties.

Re: Wheel chair accessible fishing near Hinckley [Re: mudtracker] #6303868
08/17/18 07:40 AM
08/17/18 07:40 AM
Mn
N
nightlife Offline
trapper
nightlife  Offline
trapper
N

Mn
There is a fishing pier right in hinckley that is accessible the snake river one at pine city and the one in Moose lake is also and they are just up the road and down 35W from hinckley

The one right in hinckley is where they damed the grind stone rice and usually has decent fishing we used to drop my brother off there for the day when he was alive then pick him back up when we were done with work

If it has not rained the snake river one in pine city has good fishing in the late afternoon I have caught and seen some real d cent walleye cought from it and I have see some big cats as well

The one in moose lake is just ok the fishing is fair my personal luck has not been that great there but I know some that have had good luck fishing it

�Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.�
― Robert A. Heinlein
Re: Wheel chair accessible fishing near Hinckley [Re: mudtracker] #6303873
08/17/18 07:53 AM
08/17/18 07:53 AM
Mn
N
nightlife Offline
trapper
nightlife  Offline
trapper
N

Mn
Hope that helps

�Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.�
― Robert A. Heinlein
Re: Wheel chair accessible fishing near Hinckley [Re: mudtracker] #6303901
08/17/18 08:35 AM
08/17/18 08:35 AM
Waterville Minnesota
M
mudtracker Offline OP
trapper
mudtracker  Offline OP
trapper
M

Waterville Minnesota
It does, there are several places near where I live with nice fishing piers that are easy wheelchair accessible but only a couple where I think you could catch fish this time of year.

Thanks

WHO MADE THIS MESS ALL OVER MY FLOOR THE MUDTRACKER WAS HERE HE HE HE
Re: Wheel chair accessible fishing near Hinckley [Re: mudtracker] #6303974
08/17/18 10:24 AM
08/17/18 10:24 AM
Mn
N
nightlife Offline
trapper
nightlife  Offline
trapper
N

Mn
Bit more info the snake river pier in pine city probably has the best all around fishing the problem there for some is that often the water is moving through there real fast at times ( couple days after a rain) but it still has good fishing if you know how to fish fast water

The hinckley pier has good fishing most of the time though sometimes all you will get is sun fish or sometimes small mouth, later in the fall you can get some good cats and sometimes they show up anyways

My brother caught the best small mouth I have seen 6# 3 oz it currently hangs on my wall as a reminder of my brother

― Robert A. Heinlein
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread