No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Bee Keepers #6306282
08/20/18 12:24 PM
08/20/18 12:24 PM
N/E Il. NOT Chicago!!
S
squacks Offline OP
trapper
squacks  Offline OP
trapper
S

N/E Il. NOT Chicago!!
I was just out in my native prairie garden. The honey bees are really thick in the lavender hissops. I planted these last year. The plant will grow on fairly dry soil and blooms profusely. It bloomed the first year from seed and came back this year on its own. Here in N/E Il. the bees started using it heavy in this past week.
They are still in the purple cone flowers too. Those have been blooming since mid to late June.
This is the most bees I have seen in years. I know there are several hives within 1/2 mile of here.
I was always interested in beekeeping but have never taken the plunge.

Re: Bee Keepers [Re: squacks] #6306286
08/20/18 12:27 PM
08/20/18 12:27 PM
Norborne MO
B
BBarnes Offline
trapper
BBarnes  Offline
trapper
B

Norborne MO
They are gathering for winter supply. If you have hives with in a 1/2 mile that makes less travel time for them and you have created a buffet for them.

B

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread