No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: EVIL: A MAKE BELIEVE CONCEPT [Re: Trapper7] #6310537
08/25/18 11:42 PM
08/25/18 11:42 PM
La Crosse, WI
Macthediver Offline
trapper
Macthediver  Offline
trapper

La Crosse, WI
Evil is as evil does.

Mac

"Never Forget Which Way Is Up"

Re: EVIL: A MAKE BELIEVE CONCEPT [Re: Trapper7] #6310550
08/26/18 12:03 AM
08/26/18 12:03 AM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Yes, there is evil all around. Lurking in the shadows and darkness.

Be aware and be capable of acting in your best interests.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: EVIL: A MAKE BELIEVE CONCEPT [Re: Marty] #6310627
08/26/18 07:21 AM
08/26/18 07:21 AM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Originally Posted By: Marty
Yes, there is evil all around. Lurking in the shadows and darkness.

Be aware and be capable of acting in your best interests.

This be very sound advice.

Re: EVIL: A MAKE BELIEVE CONCEPT [Re: gryhkl] #6311529
08/27/18 11:36 AM
08/27/18 11:36 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline OP
trapper
Trapper7  Offline OP
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted By: gryhkl
Are religion and faith the same thing?
I believe the different denominations are the work of man. They are not Gods idea.

Some people want to form groups so that they can feel at home with like thinkers. Others want to brainwash others to think as they do. Others want to gain control over those who seek comfort in belonging to a group.

The comfort and feeling of belonging. The assembling of a group of followers. An effort to convince others that must believe as they do.
Ego and finacial gain are powerful forces. And some take advantage of the faithfull to meet the desires.

I agree with your second sentence that different denominations are the work of man. They are based on differences of opinion on biblical interpretations. Whether a certain denomination's interpretation is the correct one or not seems immaterial, IMO. It's the basics that matter when it comes to salvation.

I may not agree with everything a certain denomination holds as truth. They may be correct in what they believe. I may be wrong. But, we will have one basic belief that makes us Christian. And that's what matters.

We are told not to judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but are told to judge all gunowners by the actions of a few.
Re: EVIL: A MAKE BELIEVE CONCEPT [Re: Trapper7] #6311586
08/27/18 12:53 PM
08/27/18 12:53 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
The definition of a sheep really everything is fine in the pasture if I don't see a wolf then there are no wolves in my world! When the wolf comes you die like a sheep then.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: EVIL: A MAKE BELIEVE CONCEPT [Re: Trapper7] #6311652
08/27/18 03:14 PM
08/27/18 03:14 PM
Michigan
D
Dr.Wolfenstein Offline
trapper
Dr.Wolfenstein  Offline
trapper
D

Michigan
A co worker and I argue this often.He thinks people are inherently good and learn to be bad.I argue that they are naturally bad and have to be taught to be good.

Re: EVIL: A MAKE BELIEVE CONCEPT [Re: Trapper7] #6311659
08/27/18 03:34 PM
08/27/18 03:34 PM
Cleveland IL
muddyriverdogz Offline
trapper
muddyriverdogz  Offline
trapper

Cleveland IL
To be a terrorist you must first meet the definition. It has to be politicaly motivated.

I see this "terrorist" word getting thrown all around these day's for act's that are not terrorism or it has not been proven that it was.

Last edited by muddyriverdogz; 08/27/18 03:35 PM.

You only live once, so get over it!

Tactics may change but the goal remains the same.
Re: EVIL: A MAKE BELIEVE CONCEPT [Re: Scuba1] #6311660
08/27/18 03:36 PM
08/27/18 03:36 PM
Pennsylvania!
trapper4 Offline
trapper
trapper4  Offline
trapper

Pennsylvania!
So sorry to hear you are an atheist my friend. Do you realize that without God and His Word, there is NO MORAL fiber at all? From where does morality come? It comes from a Moral Creator namely, God!
Do you think the sunrise just happened by accident? Dis our bodies magically come together? Atheism is NOT reasonable at all. By the way, I am not trying to "preach" to you, just defending the obvious truth about a Creator.
Sadly, we are seeing clearly the fruits of atheism every day- shootings, murder, evil, etc.

Originally Posted By: Scuba1
Do not link evil and or good to religion. i am a atheist, yet think that I am a good person. I like to help others along to make a life for themselves and go out of my way to do so. I believe that religion i a very dangerous thing. More wars have been fought over it then anything else ( well maybe oil is a close runner up ) i believe the world would be a more peaceful place without religions. Just my two cents and probably worth less then that.
Just as a heads up for all the bible folks on here trying to " save my soul " to me its a fraudulent game exploiting the fear of people that are gullible enough to take the bait. I am happy where I am and am going to keep it that way for myself... and the better half.
PS. there are quite a few religious folks " those catholic twats" i would like to be locked up in a room with for half an hour or so. It would bring them a lot closer to what they are supposed to teach.

Last edited by trapper4; 08/27/18 03:39 PM.

The 2nd Amendment is my concealed carry permit!
Member- FTA, LIFETIME-NRA
Re: EVIL: A MAKE BELIEVE CONCEPT [Re: Trapper7] #6311666
08/27/18 03:41 PM
08/27/18 03:41 PM
Cleveland IL
muddyriverdogz Offline
trapper
muddyriverdogz  Offline
trapper

Cleveland IL
The fossil record is pretty obvious also. I guess the "obvious truth" is in the eye of the beholder.

Re: EVIL: A MAKE BELIEVE CONCEPT [Re: Trapper7] #6311673
08/27/18 03:48 PM
08/27/18 03:48 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
If it was all that simple then priest would not be messing around with kids and the old spreading of the word would not of been covert or we will kill you!

I'm no atheist I just know people are people what you wrap them in makes no difference, going to church won't make you a Christian no more then standing in your garage will make you a Corvette!

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: EVIL: A MAKE BELIEVE CONCEPT [Re: muddyriverdogz] #6311676
08/27/18 03:50 PM
08/27/18 03:50 PM
Pennsylvania!
trapper4 Offline
trapper
trapper4  Offline
trapper

Pennsylvania!
Seriously! If you are referring to carbon dating of fossils or rocks- do some research= carbon dating has been proven to be inaccurate for years now.
Also, please teach me, how does the fossil record prove or disprove the obvious truth of a Creator?
This earth did not just happen. Design demands a Designer. Anthony Flew argued for Atheism right up till his death, but as he approached death he admitted, there seems to must have been a Creator. One thing for sure, Mr. Flew knows the obvious truth now!

Originally Posted By: muddyriverdogz
The fossil record is pretty obvious also. I guess the "obvious truth" is in the eye of the beholder.

Re: EVIL: A MAKE BELIEVE CONCEPT [Re: Law Dog] #6311679
08/27/18 03:52 PM
08/27/18 03:52 PM
Pennsylvania!
trapper4 Offline
trapper
trapper4  Offline
trapper

Pennsylvania!
I could not agree more, but again from where does a moral standard come? Morality demands a Moral giver- God!

Originally Posted By: Law Dog
If it was all that simple then priest would not be messing around with kids and the old spreading of the word would not of been covert or we will kill you!

I'm no atheist I just know people are people what you wrap them in makes no difference, going to church won't make you a Christian no more then standing in your garage will make you a Corvette!

Re: EVIL: A MAKE BELIEVE CONCEPT [Re: Trapper7] #6311687
08/27/18 04:20 PM
08/27/18 04:20 PM
Cleveland IL
muddyriverdogz Offline
trapper
muddyriverdogz  Offline
trapper

Cleveland IL
How do you know what Mr. Flew knows ?

Or should we say did know.

"Seriously!If you are referring to carbon dating of fossils or rocks- do some research= carbon dating has been proven to be inaccurate for years now."

Carbon dating has nothing to do with the fossil record. The Fossil Record is the layer's of rock different fossil's are found in. Maybe you should do some research.

I'm probably now labeled a "terrorist" for pointing that out. wink

Last edited by muddyriverdogz; 08/27/18 05:12 PM.

Re: EVIL: A MAKE BELIEVE CONCEPT [Re: muddyriverdogz] #6311724
08/27/18 05:23 PM
08/27/18 05:23 PM
Pennsylvania!
trapper4 Offline
trapper
trapper4  Offline
trapper

Pennsylvania!
No not a terrorist! Where is the fossil record from? Looks like a chart, anyone can make a chart. Also, I know some of what Anthony Flew claimed because I have read several of his debates with Theists. He stated what he believed.

So again, prove to me that the this fossil record is true. Where is the evidence?

I will probably now be labeled a Bible thumper for asking for evidence. Sorry it is how I try to live my life-rationally!

Originally Posted By: muddyriverdogz
How do you know what Mr. Flew knows ?

Or should we say did know.

"Seriously!If you are referring to carbon dating of fossils or rocks- do some research= carbon dating has been proven to be inaccurate for years now."

Carbon dating has nothing to do with the fossil record. The Fossil Record is the layer's of rock different fossil's are found in. Maybe you should do some research.

I'm probably now labeled a "terrorist" for pointing that out. wink

Re: EVIL: A MAKE BELIEVE CONCEPT [Re: Trapper7] #6311728
08/27/18 05:30 PM
08/27/18 05:30 PM
Cleveland IL
muddyriverdogz Offline
trapper
muddyriverdogz  Offline
trapper

Cleveland IL
You could go grab a shovel and a pick ax and find out for yourself. You think these people are just making it up ? There's plenty of real pic's of them digging down through the rock layer's. Maybe the earth is flat and we never landed on the moon nor did that rover really land on Mars, they lie about everything else.

There's plenty of evidence for the fossil record just go to a museum look at videos and pics online or go visit your local Quarry. I know what there is not one shred of evidence for and it's not the fossil record.

Last edited by muddyriverdogz; 08/27/18 05:43 PM.

Re: EVIL: A MAKE BELIEVE CONCEPT [Re: muddyriverdogz] #6311742
08/27/18 05:43 PM
08/27/18 05:43 PM
Pennsylvania!
trapper4 Offline
trapper
trapper4  Offline
trapper

Pennsylvania!
You are the one who claimed fossil record- now prove it! Show me the evidence. Museum's are always right? I can go to a museum that shows the fossil record and says we evolved from monkeys and another museum who claims we were created.
So.... which museum is right? The one with evidence, I would say, and so far you have not given one shred of evidence for the fossil record.
As to creation- look around, evidence everywhere!!!!!!!! Look at the human eye- Charles Darwin said he could even begin to explain the human eye with his theory of evolution. And with that, he was right.
But with God...
Failing to see the evidence for a Creator does not mean that evidence does not exist! God has not ;left Himself without excuse- there is more evidence for God than mankind can even know. But evolution??? Still just a theory- not a fact, because there is NO evidence for evolution. I am still waiting for your evidence.
Go ahead- your turn now:)

Re: EVIL: A MAKE BELIEVE CONCEPT [Re: Trapper7] #6311744
08/27/18 05:44 PM
08/27/18 05:44 PM
Cleveland IL
muddyriverdogz Offline
trapper
muddyriverdogz  Offline
trapper

Cleveland IL
The fossil record is real get over it.

Re: EVIL: A MAKE BELIEVE CONCEPT [Re: Trapper7] #6311761
08/27/18 06:11 PM
08/27/18 06:11 PM
Central montana
.204 Offline
trapper
.204  Offline
trapper

Central montana
It's kind of funny. There are really only two possibilities when it comes to orgins. Either someone created the universe and all it contains or it just popped into existence all by itself out of nothing. There is really nothing more unreasonable and just plain against common sense than to believe everything came from nothing-by happenstance. The funny part is the atheist tries to poke fun at creationism when thiers is by far the biggest fairytale!

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgement!
Re: EVIL: A MAKE BELIEVE CONCEPT [Re: muddyriverdogz] #6311764
08/27/18 06:13 PM
08/27/18 06:13 PM
Pennsylvania!
trapper4 Offline
trapper
trapper4  Offline
trapper

Pennsylvania!
Evidence please! Come on man, surely you do not believe just anything people tell you without solid evidence, do you? That is what the democrats and liberals are doing with guns.

P.S- I am still waiting for the evidence for the fossil record:)

Okay your turn now.

Re: EVIL: A MAKE BELIEVE CONCEPT [Re: .204] #6311766
08/27/18 06:14 PM
08/27/18 06:14 PM
Pennsylvania!
trapper4 Offline
trapper
trapper4  Offline
trapper

Pennsylvania!
Originally Posted By: jwill
It's kind of funny. There are really only two possibilities when it comes to orgins. Either someone created the universe and all it contains or it just popped into existence all by itself out of nothing. There is really nothing more unreasonable and just plain against common sense than to believe everything came from nothing-by happenstance. The funny part is the atheist tries to poke fun at creationism when thiers is by far the biggest fairytale!

AMEN!

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread