No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Question for the Christian intellectuals on here.. [Re: slydogx] #6316565
09/03/18 09:56 AM
09/03/18 09:56 AM
N.W. Iowa
T
Tactical.20 Offline
trapper
Tactical.20  Offline
trapper
T

N.W. Iowa
Even non believers go to heaven, so I doubt it matters

Last edited by Tactical.20; 09/03/18 09:57 AM.
Re: Question for the Christian intellectuals on here.. [Re: slydogx] #6316570
09/03/18 10:08 AM
09/03/18 10:08 AM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

^^^^^^^
Is that idea based on something you think the Bible teaches or is that just wishful thinking?

I have friends who aren't followers of Jesus Christ who get very uncomfortable thinking about their position with God, they really squirm when we occasionally get into theological discussions.

I can't imagine why they would even want to go to heaven (spend eternity in God's presence), they'd spend all their time looking for a corner to hide around when they see God coming their way.

On second thought; maybe that would be Hades for them.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: Question for the Christian intellectuals on here.. [Re: JakeDog] #6316578
09/03/18 10:26 AM
09/03/18 10:26 AM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Y

Marion Kansas
Originally Posted By: JakeDog
So what about so many religions that do not believe in Christianity? Islam or Buddhism, even the old Norse Gods are being resurrected in Iceland. Not trying to stir any pots but serious question? I think they believe in the same God as us but in their own fashion and ways, mostly being a good person (not so sure about Islam though) they just seem evil??? but they follow their religon????

I believe in God, my Faith is strong as I know he has certainly saved my behind for some unknown reason. I never heard of the names you speak of honestly. I dont really subscribe to any of the religons I just know there is a God looking out for us and has a purpose for us. I guess I just believe in being a good person however that maybe.
I believe in one God and I believe he revealed himself to us through the Holy Scriptures and his Son Jesus Christ so that we could know him. I don't believe God would reveal himself in multiple beliefs nor would Jesus willing went through what he did on the cross if their where multiple ways to get to Heaven.

Last edited by Yes sir; 09/03/18 10:26 AM.
Re: Question for the Christian intellectuals on here.. [Re: slydogx] #6316580
09/03/18 10:30 AM
09/03/18 10:30 AM
michigan,USA
S
seniortrap Offline
trapper
seniortrap  Offline
trapper
S

michigan,USA
Quote:
Even non believers go to heaven, so I doubt it matters

Why would they even care?????

Last edited by seniortrap; 09/03/18 10:31 AM.

Vietnam--1967 46th. Const./Combat Engineers

"Chaotic action is preferable to orderly inaction."
"After the first shot, all plans go out the window!"
Re: Question for the Christian intellectuals on here.. [Re: slydogx] #6316582
09/03/18 10:32 AM
09/03/18 10:32 AM
PA Venango Co.
R
Ron Marsh Offline
trapper
Ron Marsh  Offline
trapper
R

PA Venango Co.
Simply put it you are saved you are a sinner saved by God's grace.
On theology those are man's interpretation.
Here is prayer that you will find a place to worship.

PTA Lifetime #131N. Salvation Army CSM
Stakes: Why leave them?
ALWAYS John 3:16 814-516-2923
Re: Question for the Christian intellectuals on here.. [Re: Yes sir] #6316647
09/03/18 12:31 PM
09/03/18 12:31 PM
Morehead city NC
JakeDog Offline
trapper
JakeDog  Offline
trapper

Morehead city NC
Originally Posted By: Yes sir
So what about so many religions that do not believe in Christianity? Islam or Buddhism, even the old Norse Gods are being resurrected in Iceland. Not trying to stir any pots but serious question? I think they believe in the same God as us but in their own fashion and ways, mostly being a good person (not so sure about Islam though) they just seem evil??? but they follow their religon????

I believe in God, my Faith is strong as I know he has certainly saved my behind for some unknown reason. I never heard of the names you speak of honestly. I dont really subscribe to any of the religons I just know there is a God looking out for us and has a purpose for us. I guess I just believe in being a good person however that maybe.
I believe in one God and I believe he revealed himself to us through the Holy Scriptures and his Son Jesus Christ so that we could know him. I don't believe God would reveal himself in multiple beliefs nor would Jesus willing went through what he did on the cross if their where multiple ways to get to Heaven.

So what about people pre Christ? What happened to them? I get what your saying but I mean what happens to these folks? Where do they go when they die? South? Doesn't seem right? How did the anglosaxons get the corner on the market for heaven?

In my own thoughts! Makes me cringe I have to give Islam a pass, but I can't do it! Those folks are evil period, but they do believe in some sort of God. I just can't imagine that is the same I/we believe in.

Thats cool, I do like folks thoughts, it does get me when you run into these "hardliners' who spout off about the bible and your going "south" if you don't follow the bible! Who are any one of us to say who gets in heaven and who doesn't?? Even the Ten Commandments? I hunk are a rule book for living but then they are "guidelines" really?! (Think pirates of the Caribbean) lol "thou shalt not kill" comes to mind. Even the biblical Christians had to come up with a ceremony to forgive themselves for all the killing they did. Humans are animals in the end, we fight, we kill.

J

Suppression rules/prevention drools

Confidence is going fly fishing for Moby Dick, in a row boat, and bringing tartar sauce with you.
Re: Question for the Christian intellectuals on here.. [Re: slydogx] #6316660
09/03/18 12:57 PM
09/03/18 12:57 PM
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

^^^^^^^
JakeDog, lot of good questions there. Not really the time or space to answer everyone of them right here, but I'll take a stab at a coupe of them.

Your first question; "what about people pre Christ?". Jesus Christ's birth, death and resurrection are the focal point. We look backwards to those events and place our faith there; people who were pre Jesus's appearance placed their faith that he was coming at some point in the future. However, when he did appear many rejected him as Messiah as they still do now. The focal point remains the same; pre or post.

To your general question about other people in some far off region of the planet who never heard of Jesus Christ; the Bible makes it pretty clear that a person is responsible for what they know, the Bible explains that God will judge these people justly. God's Holy Spirit will confront every human being at some point in time. Whether or not that person yields to that encounter determines everything.
"For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse."

Re: Question for the Christian intellectuals on here.. [Re: slydogx] #6316662
09/03/18 01:01 PM
09/03/18 01:01 PM
MN, USA
star flakes Offline
trapper
star flakes  Offline
trapper

MN, USA
If you want an answer to Christian questions, you are not going to receive them from an intellectual, but only from Inspired teaching from the Holy Spirit, as that is what Scripture teaches in Holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Ghost and Christ reaffirmed this in teaching His followers to not prepare speeches, when they were brought before judges as the Holy Ghost would provide the answers then.

For the question of religion, the Lord warned His priestly tribe who were to bring the First Testament of Him to the world to never worship Him as other religions did. Christ taught the fact that He is the One Way, one Truth and One Life, and no one comes to the Father but through Him. In studying the Hebrew, their word for Word is Thought, so Jesus is the literal thought of the Father and the Holy Spirit is Their Presence. It is a reflection in people in you have thoughts, your body and people can feel your presence. That is what it means when Jesus is the One. He created everything, including people as the Word in the Elohim or family of God as the word is used in Genesis. As He is our Creator for the Father, the responsibility goes to Him to redeem us from our rebellion or sin against God. That is the contract just like a person being married is responsible for their spouse and no one else has those rights.

As for the people who were pre Christ, St. Paul explains this in the epic BY FAITH, in the New Testament. See Abraham believed God that a Savior would appear, so that belief justified him and all pre Christians as they believed in the Promise. The Apostles believed Christ so they were redeemed. People who believe that Jesus came, are saved in believing in Faith that Jesus came to save them. It is how the Promise works in Faith.

While most will not believe this, there is enough linguistic and historical evidence, that the Anglo Saxon peoples, are exiles from Samaria. It is why they speak the Indo European language, as Indo is Indus, where the Lost 10 tribes sojourned in exile before breaking out into Asia, migrating west to Europe, and according to the blessings of Jacob and Moses, stated there would be two nations in Joseph who were a vine running over the wall. That means colonization. One would become the greatest company of nations and the next would become the greatest single nation on earth in breaking away. That fits the historical record of the British Commonwealth and the United States. In literal searches you can find that the Scots in their Declaration of Arboath state they are one of the lost tribes, and on the coast of Denmark there is a pillar which states the Tribe of Dan resides there, that is what Denmark means, Mark of Dan.

As far as the unsaved who reject God's rules to be redeemed, the Bible lists (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) as three words in KJV. One means the grave, one means Hades, the place of enmity from God and the last is Gehenna in the Lake of Fire. The human was created by Christ as the Word to have a soul. Think of that as a garden bed. It is a will that can be possessed or become worthless. When Jesus rose to the Father in Heaven, He promised to send the Holy Spirit to be sown into people in making a Spiritual family of God. Why that part matters is Judgment as Scripture states God can destroy both the body and soul in the Lake of Fire. When though a person has Spirit sown into them, they are like the Angels or demons and if they then reject God, they can not be destroyed in the Lake of Fire. That is the part of eternal death spoken of in Scripture

The Bible explains all of this and the Bible interprets itself in various explanations. It simply needs to be studied and prayed over to be shown the answers. The long versions do not matter in answers as to be redeemed, a person has to believe that Jesus is their only Savior, be washed and regenerated by the Holy Ghost, and then live a life according to God's rules in trying to be better each day, to prove that you are real.

It is every person's right to choose what they believe or discount. God does not make anyone do anything. There are though rewards and consequences, just like from your parents.

I hope that helps some. God bless.

Re: Question for the Christian intellectuals on here.. [Re: slydogx] #6316728
09/03/18 03:28 PM
09/03/18 03:28 PM
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

^^^^^^^^
I was with you until you got off into "British Israelism". It's things (distractions) like this that derail the good news of Jesus Christ.
British Israelism is a fairly old idea that is the basis for some off-base denominations. Recent genetic research does not support the idea that northern Europeans have Jewish roots.

Re: Question for the Christian intellectuals on here.. [Re: slydogx] #6316735
09/03/18 03:44 PM
09/03/18 03:44 PM
Southwest Michigan
M
Michigan Trappin Offline
trapper
Michigan Trappin  Offline
trapper
M

Southwest Michigan
To add in regards to the question about Christanity being a "western religion". The apostles went East West and North spreading the gospel, East at least as far as India So the original spreading of the news of Jesus Christ was not only unto "western society" It was just more accepted there. But look at Europe now, not very Christian but South Korea has a large Christian population
As do some African countries.

In the Book of Romans chapter 2:14-16 is the answer to all of you that say " what about people that never heard about Christ?"

Basically it says GOD will judge their heart as he has written HIS law on the heart of every man, so each person will respond to that law on their heart and they will be judged by GOD on how they responded

But you who have heard that you must accept Jesus, now have heard it with your ears/eyes also. So you can not say "well in my heart I am good or following what I believe is Gods law". As you HAVE NOW HEARD THE TRUTH. That's why in another part of scripture it talks about how if we bring the truth to those that haven't heard it before (except as it was written in their hearts) WE need to be cautious as we can bring judgement on them. ( I think this is a warning to us as Christians to present the a Gospel in a good and proper way, not by conquest or force, ect).

Being a Christian is not just having "fire insurance" it is an important responsibility too

Last edited by Michigan Trappin; 09/03/18 03:46 PM.

Every day is a gift from GOD, don't waste it!!

If they have plenty of food, give them something interesting to smell
Re: Question for the Christian intellectuals on here.. [Re: JakeDog] #6316757
09/03/18 04:24 PM
09/03/18 04:24 PM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana

In short

There is only one God! He has only given us one door to heaven if you will? That door is Jesus Christ!

All other gods will take you straight to H3ll. I do believe all those Norse gods u talk about existed at one point in time. That's a whole other conversation ( nephilium or men of renown) (fallen angels who commingled with man). They were considered to be an abomination by God and destroyed (Flood)!

A belief in God will not save you. Satan believes that God exists! The Jews who killed Jesus believed God exists! Most Jews today still don't believe in Jesus Christ and still look for the 1st coming! Satanists believe in God but choose Satan.

Being good will not save you for we are all fallen in a sinful condition in need of a savior.

God paid for our redemption in blood! There is only one payment that will justify you and make u clean! God is not exclusive in who can accept that payment! But God is exclusive in what payment He will accept!

It is only a heart felt understanding that you are in need of a savior because of your sin, A belief in Jesus Christ being that savior that will save you. That's it!

Last edited by brianmall; 09/03/18 04:26 PM.
Re: Question for the Christian intellectuals on here.. [Re: JakeDog] #6316760
09/03/18 04:31 PM
09/03/18 04:31 PM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana

Jake dog

So what about people pre Christ? What happened to them? I get what your saying but I mean what happens to these folks? Where do they go when they die? South? Doesn't seem right? How did the anglosaxons get the corner on the market for heaven?

In my own thoughts! Makes me cringe I have to give Islam a pass, but I can't do it! Those folks are evil period, but they do believe in some sort of God. I just can't imagine that is the same I/we believe in.

Thats cool, I do like folks thoughts, it does get me when you run into these "hardliners' who spout off about the bible and your going "south" if you don't follow the bible! Who are any one of us to say who gets in heaven and who doesn't?? Even the Ten Commandments? I hunk are a rule book for living but then they are "guidelines" really?! (Think pirates of the Caribbean) lol "thou shalt not kill" comes to mind. Even the biblical Christians had to come up with a ceremony to forgive themselves for all the killing they did. Humans are animals in the end, we fight, we kill.

J[/quote]

Saved on credit.

I've been studying this recently. There are still verses pre Christ that talk salvation.

Whoa!

Start another thread. I'm in!

Re: Question for the Christian intellectuals on here.. [Re: waggler] #6316763
09/03/18 04:36 PM
09/03/18 04:36 PM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
Originally Posted By: waggler
^^^^^^^
JakeDog, lot of good questions there. Not really the time or space to answer everyone of them right here, but I'll take a stab at a coupe of them.

Your first question; "what about people pre Christ?". Jesus Christ's birth, death and resurrection are the focal point. We look backwards to those events and place our faith there; people who were pre Jesus's appearance placed their faith that he was coming at some point in the future. However, when he did appear many rejected him as Messiah as they still do now. The focal point remains the same; pre or post.

To your general question about other people in some far off region of the planet who never heard of Jesus Christ; the Bible makes it pretty clear that a person is responsible for what they know, the Bible explains that God will judge these people justly. God's Holy Spirit will confront every human being at some point in time. Whether or not that person yields to that encounter determines everything.
"For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse."

Yes

One thing I've noticed in this topic is that the law is always brought up as well. But the law was not established to save us. It was established to show us we were in need of a savior (sacrifices/Sacrifice).

Re: Question for the Christian intellectuals on here.. [Re: slydogx] #6316772
09/03/18 04:45 PM
09/03/18 04:45 PM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
Here is another question to add to jakedogs
We pretty much have 3 to 5 time frames depending on how you interpret scripture.

Pre Christ death, after Christ death to tribulation, from tribulation to milinial reign. Ish!

People were saved and will be Saved in each period I believe. We are referred to as body of Christ, saints, etc...

If we now are "body of Christ", "saints" that will return with Christ after rapture and tribulation,

What are those who will be Saved during milinial reign be?

Last edited by brianmall; 09/03/18 07:47 PM.
Re: Question for the Christian intellectuals on here.. [Re: slydogx] #6316890
09/03/18 07:43 PM
09/03/18 07:43 PM
michigan,USA
S
seniortrap Offline
trapper
seniortrap  Offline
trapper
S

michigan,USA
WOW

Vietnam--1967 46th. Const./Combat Engineers

"Chaotic action is preferable to orderly inaction."
"After the first shot, all plans go out the window!"
Re: Question for the Christian intellectuals on here.. [Re: seniortrap] #6316893
09/03/18 07:45 PM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
Originally Posted By: seniortrap
WOW

Yeah!

Re: Question for the Christian intellectuals on here.. [Re: slydogx] #6316894
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
That is about how I sum up the Bible!

Re: Question for the Christian intellectuals on here.. [Re: slydogx] #6318651
09/05/18 11:12 PM
09/05/18 11:12 PM
Mt.
g smith Offline
trapper
g smith  Offline
trapper

Mt.
Some folks are what is termed as "Secular Humanist " Such as "He's a good guy helps lots of people ,generous ,kind ----"They do not see God in the picture. God will judge them not I. I am Blessed I Know where I stand ,I will be judged and I have a healthy Fear of the Lord. I am a Catholic and I believe it is the fullness of truth ,other denominations and faiths contain many truths however not the fullness of truth. We need Gods grace ,Jesus is a just and loving and forgiving God .Trust in His Mercy and let Him be the Judge. Dig deeper as He calls us to learn more of Him so we can have a more intimate relationship . Slydogz St Augustine of Hippo wrestled with your question in about the year 400 AD . Free Will to me is a very mysterious subject .As our journey progresses we look for ways to please God and discern how to do earthly and spiritual things that he asks of us.

You can ride a fast horse slow but you can't ride a slow horse fast .
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread