Strictly Trapping

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)

TrappersPost
Please support Trappers post, a sponsor of the Strictly Trapping Forum

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: trap pan cover screen material [Re: Golf ball] #6317937
09/04/18 10:31 PM
09/04/18 10:31 PM
montana
R
red mt Offline
trapper
red mt  Offline
trapper
R

montana
Originally Posted By: Golf ball
I’ve used Zaggers bedding method with and without the screen wire and had mixed results. I like the idea that it may increase the kill area but I’ve had issues with the screen blowing off. Other times I have feared the screen was laying on the pan vibrating or wobbling in the wind as I have seen this happen while getting the clippings in place. I’m not ruling out screen but still prefer the landscape fabric and waxed dirt. If I ever find a way to make the screen lay still on the pan of my 650’s I may give it another go. Thinking of waxing the screen !

Just cut a flap for the jaw hold downs on each side fold the flap insert from top.

Kenneth schoening
Re: trap pan cover screen material [Re: BigBob] #6318398
09/05/18 03:52 PM
09/05/18 03:52 PM
michigan
M
mjh Offline
trapper
mjh  Offline
trapper
M

michigan
Originally Posted By: BigBob
Originally Posted By: Golf ball
I’ve used Zaggers bedding method with and without the screen wire and had mixed results. I like the idea that it may increase the kill area but I’ve had issues with the screen blowing off. Other times I have feared the screen was laying on the pan vibrating or wobbling in the wind as I have seen this happen while getting the clippings in place. I’m not ruling out screen but still prefer the landscape fabric and waxed dirt. If I ever find a way to make the screen lay still on the pan of my 650’s I may give it another go. Thinking of waxing the screen !

Maybe use the wax to "Weld" the cover to the pan?

or get rid of those 650s

Re: trap pan cover screen material [Re: man of steel] #6319642
09/07/18 12:10 PM
09/07/18 12:10 PM
E central Il
G
Golf ball Offline
trapper
Golf ball  Offline
trapper
G

E central Il
Not likely that I will ever get rid of any 650’s !

Red are you saying to bend a 90* on the outside of the frame ? Sorry I’m not sure I’m following what your saying.

Big Bob that is kind of what I was thinking, maybe use a little butane torch to stick it to the pan. But now it’s getting too time consuming.

I’ve seen guys use the rubber band method but I’ve never seen a rubber band that didn’t have a smell to it .

May just be best to use dirt to help hold things together out here on the prairie!

Re: trap pan cover screen material [Re: man of steel] #6319709
09/07/18 03:43 PM
09/07/18 03:43 PM
Southern Michigan
T
trappergbus Offline
trapper
trappergbus  Offline
trapper
T

Southern Michigan
Hey Golf, Reds talking about cutting a notch for the hold down tabs on the jaws. Or use a bobby pin to hold them in place. With that big pan on 650s I just use polly under the pan.

Common sense catches alot of fur..
Pay homage to all you harvest..
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Drifter, Wolfdog91