No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: There is no customer service anymore. A RANT! [Re: Finster] #6325207
09/14/18 07:46 PM
09/14/18 07:46 PM
Des Allemands, Louisiana
Budfish Offline
trapper
Budfish  Offline
trapper

Des Allemands, Louisiana
I'm sorry man, the world is lazy and dumb.
So the little lady had as flat on her car the other day as she pulled into the driveway. I put the spare on and left for my 12 hour night shift. Truck tire starts peeling on the way home. I dropped the truck at home and took the car to walmart for a tire(I know, but they are cheap). Was there at 0600 so I was first in line at 0700 when they opened. Got the tire and left around 0830 (yes an hour and a half for 1 tire). I brought the car home and got the truck and returned for a truck tire. Truck runs hot, water pump out. Great. Put water in truck, head to walmart. I waited my turn and at about 1100, they tell me they are refusing to change my tire because "something" is leaking out of my truck. I tell them it's water, the guy says, "We don't know that, I can't touch your truck". So, I had to take the tire off the truck in the parking lot and bring it to them, let them change it and go put it back on my truck. By the time I was done, I had been up almost 24 hours. Then I had to go get a water pump and go home to change that. Had to fight with the heater hose because the plastic retainer clip fell apart when I looked at it. Nobody had the stupid clips in stock within 40 miles. Finally decided to but a whole new fitting and found the clips hanging in the store right next to the fitting! Got home, put the truck back together and didn't even fill it with water to check it. Just closed the hood, went take a shower and drank a half a bottle of 100 proof Knob Creek while watching Smokey and the Bandit (1 and 2). Was up over 30 hours by the time I got in the shower. crazy

Re: There is no customer service anymore. A RANT! [Re: Scuba1] #6325549
09/15/18 10:08 AM
09/15/18 10:08 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted By: Scuba1
Its a Ford .... right ?? So its normal
Haha!

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: There is no customer service anymore. A RANT! [Re: Finster] #6325613
09/15/18 11:49 AM
09/15/18 11:49 AM
wyoming/ILLINOIS
T
Timothy Offline
trapper
Timothy  Offline
trapper
T

wyoming/ILLINOIS
I could write a novel on this subject. Pretty bad when my 23 yr. old says Dad I'll take the wrong parts back and get the right ones and TEACH the counter person alot about giving the correct parts out. It was only a u-joint and they needed measurements from the old one told my son just take the old one with you. They always give the wrong one first.
And try rebuilding a Dana 70 limited slip rear end on you own and you will find out how screwed up the automotive world really is. I kept saying NOBODY does this anymore ! ! Nobody knows how to do this. I do now ! Even went to a specialty shop to get bearings pressed off and they ended up torching one off - I guess they only worked on Chevy diesels and a Dodge rear was foreign to them.

Re: There is no customer service anymore. A RANT! [Re: Timothy] #6325678
09/15/18 01:05 PM
09/15/18 01:05 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
Labor is one of the major costs in today's service based economy as most goods are produced where labor is even lower cost. So to get these products at the lowest cost why do we not expect that we would get poorer communication, lower skills with only the HR departments working on accountability. There is not a within the employees type of constraint or base line. We have established a system now that is very individualistic and thus how little can you do to stay on the job. To get good customer service one needs to work with firms that demand it and hire along those principles. That may add to cost but then does one want service or does one just want to rant about how poor it is?

Bryce

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread