No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: More work available than there is manpower... [Re: Steven 49er] #6325413
09/15/18 02:29 AM
09/15/18 02:29 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted By: Steven 49er
Wages aren't any factor in inflation. It's cause and effect by an increase in the money supply.

The M1 monetary base, which is money that is available for circulation at any given time is at about 3.6 trillion dollars right now. In 2000 it was 600 billion.

Government deficit spending and Federal Reserve policies are what creates real inflation under a fiat system.

I'll bite. If McDonald's is paying their employees $7.25 an hour, and a state passes a $15 minimum wage law, and the price of a Whopper goes from $4 to $7.... what is that called, exactly? I would call it inflation, but you say not, so what is it?

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: More work available than there is manpower... [Re: Mike in A-town] #6325414
09/15/18 02:44 AM
09/15/18 02:44 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted By: Wanna Be
What’s sad is everyone talks about the younger generation not wanting to work...where’d they learn that from? Our generation?

They learned that from parents who went out of their way to grab every hand out available, and threatened to sue the school when their child came in last at track and field.
Originally Posted By: racerboy108
Originally Posted By: Scuba1

If you are good at what you do , set up your own company. If you are not, then shut up and get your nose to the grindstone until you learn enough to be good at what you do. I am a one man outfit. Charge a 100 bucks per hour minimum for my time. Don't like that??? fine go some other place. I am booked out till December without taking on new work. If ya do't like the pace and responsibility. Hey ya can always push carts around for wally world

Your small potato to see what's happening in the big corporate world. I was self employed my whole life except my military time. I owned several successful businesses working right along my workers and I paid them and treated them right. Some of them worked for me for years.

I set myself up financially secure by age 45. I choose to slow down and enjoy life more. I backed off and consider myself semi retired.

I get some of you guys being defensive on owning your own corporation but what I think you don't see is how the big corporations are being run.

Not all but a lot of big corporations quit caring about their workers. A friend of mine in the corporate world is sick of his job dealing with higher management pushing for more profit with less workers.

His management in the past refused to hire anyone until they were down 15 workers out of a 60 position dept. It was their way of saving money and making the workers work harder.

He said in 8 years he has gone through 7 supervisors and over 300 workers. He was constantly training. First it was college kids, then they had to use temp agencies, then convicts and now the immigrant word keeps coming up.

He is walking away himself now which I can't blame him. This is not a isolated business as a lot of them think this way. To me it's just karma catching up to their greed. This business had the workers but didn't take care of them and now they are whining no one wants to work.

This might not be what Mike's situation is but this is what some of the big corporates have been doing for years.

What big corporate world are you talking about? McDonald's? Walmart and Lowes both now start unskilled school kids at $10-12 an hour, offer paid vacation, paid sick leave, dollar for dollar 401Ks, and health, dental and vision.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: More work available than there is manpower... [Re: Mike in A-town] #6325452
09/15/18 07:43 AM
09/15/18 07:43 AM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA
Any Mcdonalds I've been in is so busy, and the employees are working nonstop, that they would have absolutely no problem paying 15+ an hour.
Funny how so many of uus who make decent money, often with benefits, worry that when the lowest of the low wage workers get a raise it will ruin the ecomomy that has treated us pretty well.

Re: More work available than there is manpower... [Re: Mike in A-town] #6325455
09/15/18 07:53 AM
09/15/18 07:53 AM
potter co. p.a.
P
pcr2 Offline
"Twerker"
pcr2  Offline
"Twerker"
P

potter co. p.a.
hard to fill menial jobs on the border when ny min. is 15.00.

Re: More work available than there is manpower... [Re: gryhkl] #6325462
09/15/18 08:07 AM
09/15/18 08:07 AM
Arkansas
J
J Staton Offline
trapper
J Staton  Offline
trapper
J

Arkansas
Originally Posted By: gryhkl
Any Mcdonalds I've been in is so busy, and the employees are working nonstop, that they would have absolutely no problem paying 15+ an hour.
Funny how so many of uus who make decent money, often with benefits, worry that when the lowest of the low wage workers get a raise it will ruin the ecomomy that has treated us pretty well.
Government shouldn't mandate wages, the corporation should. Minimum wage shouldn't be the goal to stay at to make a living.

James 1: 19-20
Re: More work available than there is manpower... [Re: Mike in A-town] #6325540
09/15/18 10:01 AM
09/15/18 10:01 AM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA
When companies pay employees a wage that is so low that the worker get public assistance, it is the tax payer who is making the wage livable. It is corporate welfare.

There was a time in this country when people were forced to work for no pay. These workers were, however, provided a house, food, and basic neccesities to live. Now, without the help of the taxpayers, Low age employees in this country would be working for much less than those who worked for nothing.

Re: More work available than there is manpower... [Re: Mike in A-town] #6325566
09/15/18 10:33 AM
09/15/18 10:33 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
What do you think a good wage is out in the country that people make a living on everyday out here. $15 a hour is not bad money as the cost of living is less we just do without the 2 jet skies, side by sides, cowboy Cadillacs and a ski boat we can only pick one! LOL

Blame the low wages but what about the cost of living a $6 cup of coffee won't fly here but they sell like crazy in many cities. Id rather live in the country and make less then live in some soulless city never getting any further ahead!

I see people going for the free hand outs that way they can budget their beer/drug money for the week! If you offer it they will take it no problem.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: More work available than there is manpower... [Re: Mike in A-town] #6325577
09/15/18 10:54 AM
09/15/18 10:54 AM
Northern Missouri
Northmocats Offline
trapper
Northmocats  Offline
trapper

Northern Missouri
^ Same here 15 hr in the Country is considered ok.. If you want more its Commute 70 Miles or more, or Self Employ and work harder and longer hours.
When we bought our house it was 360 a month. You go towards the cities I'm guess 1k to 1500 a month for the avg mortgage nowadays.
Cost of living/your life choices sometimes people cant manage those two together.

Re: More work available than there is manpower... [Re: Mike in A-town] #6325579
09/15/18 10:55 AM
09/15/18 10:55 AM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline OP
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline OP
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
I am a journeyman electrician.

My time and skills are what I sell to support myself.

When work is slow employees have to compete to earn a paycheck.

When work is flush and there is more work than skilled labor to do it, employers have to compete to gain/retain said labor.

It's business. And as soon as you realize that things get a lot simpler.

Now to be fair to Racer's point of view... There is one aspect that galls me to no end...

When an employee is let go they are told not to take it personal, it's only a business decision.

But when work is flush and an employee chooses to leave, the employer acts insulted... It's a business decision. And the employee has made one to improve their own bottom line. Their time and skills are for sale. And they would be foolish not to sell it to someone who is willing to better compensate them for it.

Business works both ways.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: More work available than there is manpower... [Re: Mike in A-town] #6325585
09/15/18 11:10 AM
09/15/18 11:10 AM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA
I have never bought any of the fancy coffees, don't have jet skies or side by side. I have a couple houses, little over 100 acres. a hunting camp, and everything is fully paid for.

There folks in the country who will not work, yet they get their heathcare, food, housing, etc.. all paid for by us who pay taxes.

We taxpayers should not be paying to pick up where the wage they are being paid for full time work falls short. Many comapnies have seen their profits grow steadliy since 2009. If we did not feed and house their employees for them, their wages would have had to grow also.

Subsidizing workers wages to help boost company profits is not a "free market economy".

Re: More work available than there is manpower... [Re: Mike in A-town] #6325594
09/15/18 11:25 AM
09/15/18 11:25 AM
Arkansas
J
J Staton Offline
trapper
J Staton  Offline
trapper
J

Arkansas
We taxpayers shouldn't be paying a income tax anyway. Let those who profit from our skills pay the taxes. Reckon that alone would kill many subsidies.

James 1: 19-20
Re: More work available than there is manpower... [Re: gryhkl] #6325609
09/15/18 11:41 AM
09/15/18 11:41 AM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline OP
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline OP
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted By: gryhkl
I have never bought any of the fancy coffees, don't have jet skies or side by side. I have a couple houses, little over 100 acres. a hunting camp, and everything is fully paid for.

There folks in the country who will not work, yet they get their heathcare, food, housing, etc.. all paid for by us who pay taxes.

We taxpayers should not be paying to pick up where the wage they are being paid for full time work falls short. Many comapnies have seen their profits grow steadliy since 2009. If we did not feed and house their employees for them, their wages would have had to grow also.

Subsidizing workers wages to help boost company profits is not a "free market economy".

Agreed.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread