Strictly Trapping

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)

TrappersPost
Please support Trappers post, a sponsor of the Strictly Trapping Forum

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Homemade or commercial lure/bait? [Re: Michigan Trappin] #6315991
09/02/18 01:55 PM
09/02/18 01:55 PM
SWMo.
T
tjm Offline
trapper
tjm  Offline
trapper
T

SWMo.
Got to agree with that tbn, not there to feed the animals anyway. I have bit into a few things that smelled better than they tasted.

It is my belief that one pound of lure will catch a lot more animals than one pound of fresh or tainted bait meat. The difference between fresh and tainted is roughly a few hours, so I just consider all meat baits as tainted.

Re: Homemade or commercial lure/bait? [Re: Michigan Trappin] #6316558
09/03/18 09:47 AM
09/03/18 09:47 AM
nunya,ks
T
tbn Offline
trapper
tbn  Offline
trapper
T

nunya,ks
For dumb Kansas coyotes,there is way too much thought that goes into this kind of stuff.

Re: Homemade or commercial lure/bait? [Re: Michigan Trappin] #6326121
09/16/18 05:09 AM
09/16/18 05:09 AM
Communist State Of New York
Archeryguy Offline
trapper
Archeryguy  Offline
trapper

Communist State Of New York
I've caught quite a few coyotes and lots of fox on commercial baits but in the long run I've had my best luck with a deer liver and deer hair mixture. I trap mostly after deer season is over and those coyotes are so in tune with gut piles. I'm pretty sure the liver is the favored part of the pile. I've also had some success with deer lungs. Make sure its legal in your state/province.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Drifter, Wolfdog91