No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Split Hvac system #6328453
09/19/18 12:40 AM
09/19/18 12:40 AM
Midlands South Carolina
S
SGT. C Offline OP
trapper
SGT. C  Offline OP
trapper
S

Midlands South Carolina
Looking to replace my entire Hvac system.Tired of dealing with breakdowns and repairing ductwork. I'm thinking about going ductless. What are your views for those that have or had them? Thanks, Sarge

Getting old is a fatal mistake

Always looking for reloading componets

I know a beaver or two, because I've seen a beaver or two
Re: Split Hvac system [Re: SGT. C] #6328489
09/19/18 05:40 AM
09/19/18 05:40 AM
perry co.Pa
wetdog Offline
trapper
wetdog  Offline
trapper

perry co.Pa
They are nice units. They work very well. Only installed 2 this year.
Just don't forget to remove and repair the floor vents and cold air returns.
And they have a remote.
They are easy to install.
Just make sure you have someone who knows how to do the small amount of vac down and silver solder.

Re: Split Hvac system [Re: SGT. C] #6328492
09/19/18 06:04 AM
09/19/18 06:04 AM
eastern, CT
scott k Offline
trapper
scott k  Offline
trapper

eastern, CT
I’m an HVAC contractor in Connecticut. Mini Split systems are nice. That said depending on the floor plan of the house and the number of units required the cost may be more than a conventional system. They are not a diy project. They need to be installed properly, purged with nitrogen, evacuated properly. If not the manufacturer won’t honor the warranty.

Re: Split Hvac system [Re: SGT. C] #6328560
09/19/18 08:47 AM
09/19/18 08:47 AM
Pa
S
Striperfred Offline
trapper
Striperfred  Offline
trapper
S

Pa
agree with all that was stated before, but let me add that there are some units/manufacturers out there that are absolute junk, also make sure that your installer also services them, seems in my area everyone wants to install them but nobody wants to service them, the condensing units can be a bear to work on.

life is good......
Re: Split Hvac system [Re: SGT. C] #6328569
09/19/18 09:14 AM
09/19/18 09:14 AM
California
Mercer Lawing Offline
trapper
Mercer Lawing  Offline
trapper

California
Ductless splits were invented for specific needs not to replace conventional systems.

You will be better off in the long run maintenance, life expectancy and over all comfort to replace your conventional system.

Splits are heat pumps so you will be running that compressor all year for heat and cool.

Natural gas heat is cheaper and better comfort.

ML

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread