No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
What week for WI bobcat? #6331886
09/24/18 08:30 AM
09/24/18 08:30 AM
SW Wisconsin
#
#furdaddy Offline OP
trapper
#furdaddy  Offline OP
trapper
#

SW Wisconsin
I drew a southern unit WI bobcat tag. I need to take a week off to check traps.

Last year I took the week after the gun deer season and we set 80 plus traps (targeting fisher and coyote) with very little success. I was told that the main reason was because we were trapping a public area and all of the people traffic and gut piles would cause for poor trapping. I'm not sure of why we did so poorly.

This year I will have access to private land but am not sure about when to go. My tag is the 1st season so it will have to be before Christmas. I will also have much more land available after the gun deer season than if I try to go before.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by #furdaddy; 09/24/18 09:45 AM.
Re: What week for WI bobcat? [Re: #furdaddy] #6331978
09/24/18 10:15 AM
09/24/18 10:15 AM
La Crosse, WI
Macthediver Offline
trapper
Macthediver  Offline
trapper

La Crosse, WI
I planning to do first week in November because that is when my son can get off work. That pretty much dictates things for him, I can go when I want but plan to be with him. Want to do a small mixed line and pretty much everything is open then.

Mac

"Never Forget Which Way Is Up"

Re: What week for WI bobcat? [Re: #furdaddy] #6332027
09/24/18 11:37 AM
09/24/18 11:37 AM
SW Wisconsin
#
#furdaddy Offline OP
trapper
#furdaddy  Offline OP
trapper
#

SW Wisconsin
Mac,

That sounds about right. I might be limited on what I have access to if I do it then. I'll have to give it some more thought. Did you get a bobcat tag this year?

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread