ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Groundhogs difficultly? [Re: Jonesie] #6337528
10/01/18 09:21 AM
10/01/18 09:21 AM
Wisconsin, USA
Traps R Us Offline
trapper
Traps R Us  Offline
trapper

Wisconsin, USA
Jonesie, what's a cr?

Re: Groundhogs difficultly? [Re: Willy Firewood] #6337929
10/01/18 07:00 PM
10/01/18 07:00 PM
Virginia
K
Kurt in Va Offline
trapper
Kurt in Va  Offline
trapper
K

Virginia
CR= cable restraint... a type of snare

Re: Groundhogs difficultly? [Re: Willy Firewood] #6338189
10/01/18 10:30 PM
10/01/18 10:30 PM
Monroeville NJ
J
Jonesie Offline
trapper
Jonesie  Offline
trapper
J

Monroeville NJ
fancy way to say the snare has a swivel, deer stop and some states a break away.

Ron Jones
http://www.acpwildlifepro.net/
Rednecks Pride Game Calls / Outdoor Scents
Rednecks Pride Outdoors podcast
Friend me on FaceBook
Re: Groundhogs difficultly? [Re: Willy Firewood] #6338204
10/01/18 10:58 PM
10/01/18 10:58 PM
Ohio
W
Willy Firewood Offline OP
trapper
Willy Firewood  Offline OP
trapper
W

Ohio
Hi guys,

I had the pleasure of meeting Jim Comstock by telephone. We discussed his trap designs and the nosecone options. I ordered some traps and nosecones. Since these are almost exclusively for groundhogs, I ordered the 18” double door and the sheet metal nosecone.

Jim calculated the actual correct shipping which was reasonable for the shipment. It says on his website that the shipping calculator may be incorrect and the correct price would be charged. I do not want to imply that the shipping is incorrect or overcharged. Website management of such issues must be a challenge. Both Jim and Judy have been exceedingly helpful.

I put the new traps to use right away. They are certainly the right tools for this job. The difficult groundhogs are no longer difficult!

I was so impressed with the quality of the traps that I ordered another batch. Back to smooth successful trapping.

Jonesie - I do use cable restraints occasionally. Thanks for that suggestion and the offer to call as well.

Thank you to everyone for the helpful suggestions! Best wishes.

FRAC LIVES MATTER
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread