Strictly Trapping

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)

TrappersPost
Please support Trappers post, a sponsor of the Strictly Trapping Forum

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: WI. BOBCAT SETS [Re: Boco] #6352150
10/20/18 09:39 AM
10/20/18 09:39 AM
Wisconsin
T
The Beav Online content
trapper
The Beav  Online Content
trapper
T

Wisconsin
Originally Posted By: Boco
If you are allowed down there,and If bobcats are anything like lynx,place a beaver carcass in heavy cover in cat habitat.One will find it and it will cover what it cant consume.Once he finds a place to return to for food,you can make a walk thru open top cubby with a beaver inside and set both ends with a #3 size foothold,or snares unless restricted.

That's how I caught some of my lynx when I trapped In Canada. But we hung the carcass and cut approaches to It then hung snares.

The forum Know It All according to Muskrat
Re: WI. BOBCAT SETS [Re: BIG DOG 1] #6352207
10/20/18 10:36 AM
10/20/18 10:36 AM
Goshen In. USA
B
BIG DOG 1 Offline OP
trapper
BIG DOG 1  Offline OP
trapper
B

Goshen In. USA
Thanks for the offer, but i got to catch one first grin

Re: WI. BOBCAT SETS [Re: Boco] #6352573
10/20/18 09:21 PM
10/20/18 09:21 PM
WI - Wisconsin
A
AJE Offline
trapper
AJE  Offline
trapper
A

WI - Wisconsin
Originally Posted By: Boco
If you are allowed down there,and If bobcats are anything like lynx,place a beaver carcass in heavy cover in cat habitat.One will find it and it will cover what it cant consume.Once he finds a place to return to for food,you can make a walk thru open top cubby with a beaver inside and set both ends with a #3 size foothold,or snares unless restricted.
I think that would work good with a cable restraint once we can start using CR's 12/1.

Re: WI. BOBCAT SETS [Re: BIG DOG 1] #6379638
11/22/18 02:54 PM
11/22/18 02:54 PM
VA
coolbrze Offline
trapper
coolbrze  Offline
trapper

VA
Originally Posted by BIG DOG 1
We own some property a little south of ladysmith Wi and I have seen bobcats in years past but havent seen any sign lately. hopefully I can fill the tag,Im sure going to give it my best shot

Pretty & big country up there! I used to take my beagles & head up there to snowshoe hare hunt near Hayward. Sure do miss hearing them hounds run a hare!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Drifter, Wolfdog91