No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: MN rat and mink numbers [Re: Calvin] #6345784
10/12/18 06:16 AM
10/12/18 06:16 AM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
Originally Posted By: Calvin
Steven, This may be the reason the DNR changed the Nuisance permit structure for beaver. Used to be our yearly nuisance permits covered Beaver. Now they do not. Permit holders are required to contact a C/O every time now for the taking of beaver out of season...and that C/O has to issue a separate permit. Can't say how often that rule is followed but that's the new rule. APHIS of course exempt (I really wish APHIS would learn how to trap every beaver in a colony...makes life real hard for those of us who have to follow up).

mnsota...That Cattail information I quoted was out of an "Outdoor News" publication 2 weeks ago (vol51 No39) on page 14.

Calvin that is incorrect. It might have been the law but it isn't any more. Couple years ago it was changed to a landowner or an agent of the landowner doesnt need a permit.

BTW how the heck you been buddy? You should come up and eat crayfish with us this weekend.

Last edited by Steven 49er; 10/12/18 06:17 AM.

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: MN rat and mink numbers [Re: Steven 49er] #6345880
10/12/18 09:50 AM
10/12/18 09:50 AM
Central MN, sort of old
MnMan Offline
trapper
MnMan  Offline
trapper

Central MN, sort of old
Originally Posted By: Steven 49er

Calvin that is incorrect. It might have been the law but it isn't any more. Couple years ago it was changed to a landowner or an agent of the landowner doesnt need a permit.

Steven, could you direct me to where this might be printed? I can't find anything in the regulations and in the weekly CO reports I regularly am seeing where beaver permits are being granted. I am an agent for a city where they hold a permit that was issued in 2016 but is open ended in that it has no expiration date on it.

I have, however, talked to different landowners who have contacted the DNR about their beaver problems and they have told me that the DNR responded by saying to do whatever was necessary including shooting.

Last edited by MnMan; 10/12/18 09:53 AM.

I'm just happy to be here! Today I'm as young as I'll ever be and and older than I've ever been before!
Re: MN rat and mink numbers [Re: MnMan] #6345883
10/12/18 09:54 AM
10/12/18 09:54 AM
MN
160user Offline
trapper
160user  Offline
trapper

MN
Originally Posted By: MnMan
Originally Posted By: Steven 49er

Steven, could you direct me to where this might be printed? I can't find anything in the regulations and in the weekly CO reports I regularly am seeing where beaver permits are being granted. I am an agent for a city where they hold a permit that was issued in 2016 but is open ended in that it has no expiration date on it.

I have, however, talked to different landowners who have contacted the DNR about their beaver problems and they have told me that the DNR responded by saying to do whatever was necessary including shooting.

I checked with my CO after reading this and he assured me that a permit is still required.

I have nothing clever to put here.

Re: MN rat and mink numbers [Re: Calvin] #6345909
10/12/18 10:42 AM
10/12/18 10:42 AM
South metro, MN
C
Calvin Offline OP
trapper
Calvin  Offline OP
trapper
C

South metro, MN
I have a permit that I renew with the DNR yearly that allows me to take many of the common (protected) nuisance animals out of season. I submit a yearly report of those animals taken. Beaver used to be on that list. About 2 years ago the DNR changed it across the board (best I can tell) to NOT include beaver. That is now a separate permit that must be issued by the C/O. That's, at least, how it works for me. I'd be interested to hear if it's different in your area if you hold this same permit.

Steven....I keep thinking I'll get up there. Sure want to. Just not happening again this year...Unfortunately.

Guessing you'll be out ice fishing and busting huts on top of the ice by rat opener at this rate.

Last edited by Calvin; 10/12/18 10:47 AM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread