No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#6345578 - 10/11/18 05:59 PM FACEBOOK LIVE MARKET UPDATE DIRECT FROM CHINA
GFW - GROENEWOLD Offline
trapper

Loc: ILLINOIS
Guy is in China meeting with customers. He will be giving a live update on Facebook. This will happen on Saturday 10/13 at 7 PM CENTRAL TIME.

Please let us know any questions you have on trapperman, Facebook, or Instagram and he will be happy to answer them.

#6345583 - 10/11/18 06:05 PM Re: FACEBOOK LIVE MARKET UPDATE DIRECT FROM CHINA [Re: GFW - GROENEWOLD]
pcr2 Offline
"Twerker"

Loc: potter co. p.a.
why don't you buy PA fur??

Hickory Garden Farms

#6345591 - 10/11/18 06:17 PM Re: FACEBOOK LIVE MARKET UPDATE DIRECT FROM CHINA [Re: GFW - GROENEWOLD]
tlguy Offline
trapper

Loc: Green Bay, Wisconsin
They do. Ship it to them, they'll look it over and call you with a price. If you like the price, they'll mail you a check. If not, they'll ship the fur back to you on their dime.

#6345596 - 10/11/18 06:25 PM Re: FACEBOOK LIVE MARKET UPDATE DIRECT FROM CHINA [Re: GFW - GROENEWOLD]
pcr2 Offline
"Twerker"

the buy 6 miles from my house but in ny and i was told the wouldn't buy PA fur from guys that said they tried.i have a ny tag also and can go that route it was more of interest why they skirt PA.figured it was our regs.

Hickory Garden Farms

#6345604 - 10/11/18 06:35 PM Re: FACEBOOK LIVE MARKET UPDATE DIRECT FROM CHINA [Re: GFW - GROENEWOLD]
PSB1011 Offline
trapper

Loc: PA
Ive sold them fur numerous times.

#6345614 - 10/11/18 06:58 PM Re: FACEBOOK LIVE MARKET UPDATE DIRECT FROM CHINA [Re: GFW - GROENEWOLD]
PSB1011 Offline
trapper

Loc: PA
What name do you go by on Facebook?

#6345633 - 10/11/18 07:35 PM Re: FACEBOOK LIVE MARKET UPDATE DIRECT FROM CHINA [Re: GFW - GROENEWOLD]
Gary Benson Offline
trapper

Loc: Sandhills Nebraska
so.....and it begins...

#6345792 - 10/12/18 05:29 AM Re: FACEBOOK LIVE MARKET UPDATE DIRECT FROM CHINA [Re: GFW - GROENEWOLD]
GFW - GROENEWOLD Offline
trapper

Loc: ILLINOIS

#6345927 - 10/12/18 10:32 AM Re: FACEBOOK LIVE MARKET UPDATE DIRECT FROM CHINA [Re: GFW - GROENEWOLD]
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Loc: Pottawatamie co. IA
At 34 minutes you said they had a 32% tariff and we live with that. Why? Guy I am not ok with 37.5% tariff on my fur. If they need us as trading partners they should stop these silly tariffs and then you could give me 37.5% more for my good heavy IA coon! The only ones that are hurt by tariffs are the trappers. Being ok with my money is never ok with me. LLL

#6345934 - 10/12/18 10:52 AM Re: FACEBOOK LIVE MARKET UPDATE DIRECT FROM CHINA [Re: LLtrapper]
Nick C Offline
trapper

Loc: IA
Originally Posted By: LLtrapper
At 34 minutes you said they had a 32% tariff and we live with that. Why? Guy I am not ok with 37.5% tariff on my fur. If they need us as trading partners they should stop these silly tariffs and then you could give me 37.5% more for my good heavy IA coon! The only ones that are hurt by tariffs are the trappers. Being ok with my money is never ok with me. LLL

I think you’re taking his point out of context.

He’s living with it as in they’re dealing with it, making due.

You asked Why?

It’s not like Groney has any say or influence in the tariffs, doesn’t sound like they support it at all, but that’s the cards their business has been dealt.

It’s Groenewold’s best interest to be able to pay as much as possible for raccoons as long as they can hit their profit margins as well. The more they pay the more business they will generate.

Lack of end user and a weakening chinese economy is not helping any of that.

#6345940 - 10/12/18 11:04 AM Re: FACEBOOK LIVE MARKET UPDATE DIRECT FROM CHINA [Re: GFW - GROENEWOLD]
Dirt Offline
trapper

Loc: Armpit, ak
They may not give you 37.5% more for your fur. They may sell their finished product for 37.5% less.

I like to think of taxes as another middleman like a furbuyer. smile

Edited by Dirt (10/12/18 11:11 AM)

#6345943 - 10/12/18 11:11 AM Re: FACEBOOK LIVE MARKET UPDATE DIRECT FROM CHINA [Re: Gary Benson]
walleyed Offline
trapper

Loc: Henderson, N.Y. Jefferson Co.
Originally Posted By: Gary Benson
so.....and it begins...

Hey,

Waddaya mean SO ? laugh

w

I Support Non-Resident Trapping

#6345944 - 10/12/18 11:12 AM Re: FACEBOOK LIVE MARKET UPDATE DIRECT FROM CHINA [Re: Nick C]
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Originally Posted By: Nick C

I think you’re taking his point out of context.

He’s living with it as in they’re dealing with it, making due.

You asked Why?

It’s not like Groney has any say or influence in the tariffs, doesn’t sound like they support it at all, but that’s the cards their business has been dealt.

It’s Groenewold’s best interest to be able to pay as much as possible for raccoons as long as they can hit their profit margins as well. The more they pay the more business they will generate.

Lack of end user and a weakening chinese economy is not helping any of that.
That is the point of a tariff I believe. To change behavior. Saying you can live with a tariff imposed on you because it has been that way a long time is really stating why it needs to be done even more. Zero tariffs would be better for both. I am not interested in handing billions of dollars to a government that don't use money for their people and instead use it for their war machine but that is another conversation. A producer of raw fur has seen it below input cost and somehow that is ok as long as we bolster the hand of our enemy. I understand now. LLL

#6345945 - 10/12/18 11:14 AM Re: FACEBOOK LIVE MARKET UPDATE DIRECT FROM CHINA [Re: GFW - GROENEWOLD]
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Also I asked why we put up with it as a country not why GFW does. LLL

#6345947 - 10/12/18 11:18 AM Re: FACEBOOK LIVE MARKET UPDATE DIRECT FROM CHINA [Re: LLtrapper]
Dirt Offline
trapper

Loc: Armpit, ak

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Donald trying to force China to remove tariffs? The reason people put up with export tariffs is because we are consumers not producers.

#6345949 - 10/12/18 11:29 AM Re: FACEBOOK LIVE MARKET UPDATE DIRECT FROM CHINA [Re: GFW - GROENEWOLD]
pcr2 Offline
"Twerker"

Groeny rocks,no one else gonna say it i will.i am only asking about the PA fur cause i'm looking at every way to market MY wild fur any way i can.i have a NY lisc. as i said so i will go that route,no pun intended.

Hickory Garden Farms

#6345950 - 10/12/18 11:31 AM Re: FACEBOOK LIVE MARKET UPDATE DIRECT FROM CHINA [Re: PSB1011]
pcr2 Offline
"Twerker"

Originally Posted By: PSB1011
Ive sold them fur numerous times.

don't holler at me Phil,i'm sensative. grin.after 2 weeks of scouting for coyotes i'm starting to think all your reds moved up here to get away from you.good day,i'll shut up now.

Hickory Garden Farms

#6345971 - 10/12/18 12:13 PM Re: FACEBOOK LIVE MARKET UPDATE DIRECT FROM CHINA [Re: LLtrapper]
Nick C Offline
trapper

Loc: IA

Im all for ending all tarrifs. Especially on soybeans and raccoons.

What do you suggest GFW does as a business with the tarrifs they face?

Are you just complaining or do you have an actual idea of how to overcome this obstacle?

#6345981 - 10/12/18 12:32 PM Re: FACEBOOK LIVE MARKET UPDATE DIRECT FROM CHINA [Re: GFW - GROENEWOLD]
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"

I took offense to him implying that he wants business as usual is and that's ok. He is making money now and we are just "trapping for the fun".

Dirt I will correct you. We as trappers and the American farmer are producers. LLL

#6345987 - 10/12/18 12:47 PM Re: FACEBOOK LIVE MARKET UPDATE DIRECT FROM CHINA [Re: GFW - GROENEWOLD]
beachcomber13 Offline
trapper

Loc: Port Jervis, NY
If people would stop trapping for the fun of it and then pretty much giving away their fur, only then might the coon market pick up again..Why should anybody pay when they can visit this site and read post after post about trappers not caring what money they get.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >