classified ads

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trap Shed Page)

Trading Post
(Please support Trappers World, one of our sponsors for the Trap Shed Page)

Trap Shed Rules

1. All posts made for selling must contain the asking price for the item - this is not Ebay.
2. No electronic media (videos, dvds, audios) will be sold or traded on this forum.
3. Trapperman.com is not responsible for transactions made at this site.
4. This page is intended for the sale, trade or purchase of used trapping equipment and not a place to sell new items, or stuff you manufacture.
5. No Begging for free stuff
6. A post may only be brought to the top purposely three times, and will be locked after the third time. Once a post has been locked or deleted, it cannot be put back on the forum for one month.
7. Make it clear what you wish in the title, not just WTT or WTB
8. The only reply allowed on each thread is a reply by the post initiator. All questions and communications will be done by PMs only. If PMs aren't answered in a timely manner, the poster will be banned from using the Trap Shed. (Exception to Rule #8 - A reply is allowed by a person who sends payment. Once payment sent is posted, the post will be locked.)
9. Except for muzzleloaders, no Guns, or ammunition will be bought/sold/traded on this forum.
10. You are limited to three active threads at any one time for selling/trading/buying items. All posts older than 1 month with no activity will be locked

Print Thread
Hop To
Jim Helfrich Traps for Sale #6340699
10/05/18 10:35 AM
10/05/18 10:35 AM
revillo, sd
C
cohunt Offline OP
trapper
cohunt  Offline OP
trapper
C

revillo, sd

I have recently acquired several dozen # 550 Helfrich traps that are new unset but have been dyed and waxed. Those of you who are interested in quality traps, are interested in collecting older traps or just want an example of a trap with a unique setting mechanism should look over these pictures. Jim Helfrich was a visionary and developed a dogless mechanism that he used on all three of his traps. The mechanism works by hooking onto the OUTSIDE of the locked down jaw when the jaw is pressed into the mechanism and I am not aware of any other trap that has such a mechanism. The pictures show the mechanism in the set and unset positions.
As stated above I have several dozen of the #550 trap that I will offer for 40.00 each delivered in the US. I also have about a dozen #450 size, which are identical to the 550 but about one inch smaller. For you that want one of each, I would offer the pair for 65.00 delivered in the US. I have a few only of the massive, square jawed #750s that I would offer for 100.00 each plus shipping(determined by location). I have one dozen of the 550 size that after dye and wax were packed back into an original Helfrich 550 box. His boxes were not marked as well as factory boxes for Victor or Blake Lamb traps but the box is clearly marked Helfrich 550. Pm me to discuss the entire dozen. If you purchase one or more of these traps you should anticipate that you will need to remove wax to read the pan or that you will need to remove wax and dye to get a near new trap. There is no rust on the waxed traps. Some of the 450 size traps will have some rust but they will not be damaged. The trap pictured is not one of the dyed and waxed traps and was photographed just to show the pan marking and dogless mechanism.

Last edited by cohunt; 10/05/18 10:37 AM.
Re: Jim Helfrich Traps for Sale [Re: cohunt] #6341759
10/06/18 03:36 PM
10/06/18 03:36 PM
revillo, sd
C
cohunt Offline OP
trapper
cohunt  Offline OP
trapper
C

revillo, sd
Lots of 550s left, some 450s and just one 750.

Re: Jim Helfrich Traps for Sale [Re: cohunt] #6344179
10/09/18 06:56 PM
10/09/18 06:56 PM
revillo, sd
C
cohunt Offline OP
trapper
cohunt  Offline OP
trapper
C

revillo, sd
Still have nice 550s and found another container of 450s so some of those left also. The 750s are sold.

Re: Jim Helfrich Traps for Sale [Re: cohunt] #6346646
10/13/18 02:40 PM
10/13/18 02:40 PM
revillo, sd
C
cohunt Offline OP
trapper
cohunt  Offline OP
trapper
C

revillo, sd
ttt last time