Strictly Trapping

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)

TrappersPost
Please support Trappers post, a sponsor of the Strictly Trapping Forum

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Hagz brackets [Re: AJE] #6351143
10/19/18 12:00 AM
10/19/18 12:00 AM
Oklahoma
Ken Smith Offline
trapper
Ken Smith  Offline
trapper

Oklahoma
Originally Posted By: AJE
Mr. hagz seems like quite an innovator. I bet he's always trying to think of other creative, easy, effective gadgets for the trapline.

Jeff is top notch, if his product can be improved upon he will make it happen.
If you folks are on face book he is doing some pretty awesome giveaways.

A few days back he gave away a dozen Duke #1.5s with 18 inches of added chain and brackets on the whole dozen.

He's talking about giving away entire setups traps, brackets and rods.

That guy is a class act.
Watching him give that stuff away made me want to buy a load of stuff from him.

I've been following this thread because I had planned on getting a small rat line setup this year. I got a couple months before the rats are real nice here.
I think I'll set up 2 dozen with rods and see how it goes.

Beav I like your idea. However the river here is less than 4' in most places. The sloughs are not too deep either. Won't need more than 5-6 foot in a rod.

Seem a 6' might be over kill.im some places.
Anyways thanks for the post folks I'll take it into consideration

Last edited by Ken Smith; 10/19/18 12:01 AM.

Matthew 7:6 KJV
Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine....
-OFBA, NTA, FTA, TTFHA-
Re: Hagz brackets [Re: The Beav] #6351334
10/19/18 09:22 AM
10/19/18 09:22 AM
Wisconsin
T
The Beav Offline OP
trapper
The Beav  Offline OP
trapper
T

Wisconsin
Jeff has to be a class act he's a Marine.

The forum Know It All according to Muskrat
Re: Hagz brackets [Re: The Beav] #6351340
10/19/18 09:26 AM
10/19/18 09:26 AM
Pa
W
Wright Brothers Offline
trapper
Wright Brothers  Offline
trapper
W

Pa
Hope you have a life jacket that you WILL wear.
Stack em up.

Re: Hagz brackets [Re: 316] #6351651
10/19/18 04:53 PM
10/19/18 04:53 PM
Morgantown, WV
D
Dfabs Offline
trapper
Dfabs  Offline
trapper
D

Morgantown, WV
Originally Posted By: 316
Why not gust buy some 1x2 the length you need then screw or wire the Hags bracket on? Or make some #9 brackets like the marsh trappers use to hold your trap? If you don't want to buy the fiberglass poles why cut up 4 footers and go to the trouble to attach them to a wooden stake when you could get buy a stake long enough in the first place?--- KISS

Because I used to use sticks, and the gray fiberglass rods are far less visible by Johnny Sneakum. I got cleaned out one year, and every trap they got was staked with a stick. Not a single fiberglass rod, or h-stand got touched, but every single trap that had a stick visible was gone. I don’t use sticks anymore. All fiberglass rods, h stands, and t-stakes. With Beav’s Idea, I can have the stick entirely submerged and only the fiberglass rod visible.

Re: Hagz brackets [Re: The Beav] #6351655
10/19/18 04:55 PM
10/19/18 04:55 PM
Morgantown, WV
D
Dfabs Offline
trapper
Dfabs  Offline
trapper
D

Morgantown, WV
Originally Posted By: The Beav
Jeff has to be a class act he's a Marine.

Also, can’t say enough good things about Jeff. I don’t have Facebook so I don’t see him on there, but I’ve been using his brackets since the beginning. If there is a way to improve them, he is interested.

Re: Hagz brackets [Re: The Beav] #6351658
10/19/18 05:00 PM
10/19/18 05:00 PM
Wisconsin
T
The Beav Offline OP
trapper
The Beav  Offline OP
trapper
T

Wisconsin
Like I said If one angle was opposite of the other one It would be a lot easier to put a screw In It. And I don't see where that would make any difference.

The forum Know It All according to Muskrat
Re: Hagz brackets [Re: The Beav] #6351663
10/19/18 05:06 PM
10/19/18 05:06 PM
Morgantown, WV
D
Dfabs Offline
trapper
Dfabs  Offline
trapper
D

Morgantown, WV
I’m sure he will see this eventually, but he told me he does the Facebook thing now more than the forums. It seems like a lot of things are going the way of Facebook. I’m still sticking to my guns, and staying invisible on social media. Sometimes I make my wife look things up on hers if I need to see something.

Re: Hagz brackets [Re: The Beav] #6351825
10/19/18 08:20 PM
10/19/18 08:20 PM
MO
cfowler Offline
trapper
cfowler  Offline
trapper

MO
There's a LOT of uses beyond the fiberglass poles though. I've got some 4'ers, but I see much more potential in being able to wire the bracket off on all kinds of things. And, like Beav is saying, I see where one side needs to be flat to attach to a flat surface, BUT I can bend it myself. Nothing against what Beav is saying. I'd just rather bend a couple myself, because I see more possibility in being able to attach to almost anything, most of which isn't flat.

I trap for fun. I skin 'em for the money!
Grinners For Life-Lifetime Member, MO Chapter, Den #1
~You Grin, You're In~
Re: Hagz brackets [Re: The Beav] #6414511
12/31/18 04:46 PM
12/31/18 04:46 PM
Southern, MI
HAGz Offline
trapper
HAGz  Offline
trapper

Southern, MI
Hi ALL! Sorry I haven't seen this until now, I do cruise this forumn from time to time to look for any questions that may need answered, but sorry I missed this (and looks like a few others too).

First and foremost, for those that are using our products, thank you VERY much, we sincerely appreciate the patronage and the support. Also the kind words are over the top, nice way to end out the year on a high note ;), thank you. You guys are awesome wink

By all means, I am interested in continuous improvements. Obviously, with the price of tooling and re-inventorying it has to be a demanding change, but I am all ears! ... Beav, sounds as if you want a 90 degree bend on the slide lock side (side without the slot) ? I am curious as to the purpose, I guess I couldn't comprehend what was in your head (maybe that's a good thing - HAha), would it affect the lock?

Trust me, this is not to sound like a know it all, I am far from it - But as far as the over the jaw, between the jaw positioning, I haven't found it EVER to be an issue - YET. ... Camera footage has shown rats to come from all sides, so I am not sure your actually doing anything by rotating the trap as rats have come in from the front (over the jaw) and/or from the sides (between the jaws)... IMO rotating it is just more of the same ... BUT... ... ... Everyone has their personal preference and I respect that.

Ah, and yes, I have 6' rods that we will continue to carry to conventions. We can ship, but it's not generally cost effective, pick up at a convention however and it can save you between $20 - $30 a dozen.

--- HAGz
J3 Outdoorz - HAGz Brand Trapping Products
www.j3o.com
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Drifter, Wolfdog91