No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Noah John Rondeau #6349199
10/16/18 05:56 PM
10/16/18 05:56 PM
Lower Alabama (Daleville)
L
LAtrapper Offline OP
"Professor"
LAtrapper  Offline OP
"Professor"
L

Lower Alabama (Daleville)
This morning forum member MOLE posted a picture captioned “Famed Adirondack Hermit NJR”. I thought it looked interesting, so I did a little research. Here are a few links to articles referring to Noah John Rondeau. I thought some of them contained some interesting reading. If this has been discussed before, please let me know and I will delete the post.

http://noahjohnrondeau.com/ Contains links to some books about the man.
Noah John Rondeau- http://www.adirondack-park.net/history/noah.john.rondeau.html
Wikipedia- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noah_John_Rondeau
Adirondack Explorer- https://www.adirondackexplorer.org/book_reviews/noah-john-rondeaus-adirondack-wilderness-days

Note to self- Engage brain before opening mouth (or hitting the ENTER key/SUBMIT button).

Ron Fry

Re: Noah John Rondeau [Re: LAtrapper] #6349363
10/16/18 08:58 PM
10/16/18 08:58 PM
Adirondacks, NY
Fisher Man Offline
trapper
Fisher Man  Offline
trapper

Adirondacks, NY
Noah Rondeau was a very interesting man. My Dad took me as a 9 year old boy to the National Sportsmen Show at the Grand Central Palace in New York where I remember seeing him. He was not a very big man, just wanted to be left alone. I believe that show was in February as I remember fighting through a snowstorm to return home.

Re: Noah John Rondeau [Re: Fisher Man] #6349398
10/16/18 09:39 PM
10/16/18 09:39 PM
Henderson, N.Y. Jefferson Co.
W
walleyed Online happy
trapper
walleyed  Online Happy
trapper
W

Henderson, N.Y. Jefferson Co.
When I was 12 or 13, myself and seven other Boy Scouts and Two Scout Leaders hiked from Terrell Pond to Long Lake, and then Northward along the East Side of Long Lake To The Cold River.

Then We hiked upstream on The Cold River and stopped at several Lean-Tos to camp and Brook trout fish on Our way to Duckhole, Preston Ponds, and Calamity Brook.

On Our Way upstream we passed through the remmnants of Noah Rondeau's Encampment.

Some of His Cabins, Outbuildings and Firewood teepees were still standing.

This would have been Either 1972 or 1973.

That Cold River Country was some of the best brook Trout Fishing I ever experienced in my Life.

It was some wild country, and we continued on thru the High Peaks to North Elba and

Lake Placid.

It was one of the crowning achievements of my young life.

Always wanted to go back but I never did.

Having experienced that Country personally, I could see why Noah established his hermitage along the Cold River. It was God's Country.

Noah was a trapper, and One Time got in trouble for shooting at the game warden who was checking Noah's Traps and stealing his muskrats.

w

Last edited by walleyed; 10/16/18 09:40 PM.

"Provisional/Interim" member of NYS Trappers Association
Jefferson Co. Fur Harvesters

I Support Non-Resident Trapping

Re: Noah John Rondeau [Re: LAtrapper] #6350706
10/18/18 03:08 PM
10/18/18 03:08 PM
Adirondacks, NY
Fisher Man Offline
trapper
Fisher Man  Offline
trapper

Adirondacks, NY
Noah did not ntrust the "consternation" department, nor do I.

Re: Noah John Rondeau [Re: LAtrapper] #6352502
10/20/18 08:14 PM
10/20/18 08:14 PM
Michigan
R
randyt Offline
trapper
randyt  Offline
trapper
R

Michigan
I've read a bit about Rondeau. I found it interesting that he thought E.J. Dailey was a wannabe. Rondeau was also very political, he did not like the democrat policies. I found that puzzling as I would have never thought a hermit being political.

Re: Noah John Rondeau [Re: randyt] #6352732
10/21/18 04:30 AM
10/21/18 04:30 AM
New York ,Adirondack mts.
M
mole Offline
"The Tman morning greeter"
mole  Offline
"The Tman morning greeter"
M

New York ,Adirondack mts.
There are several books about his life. His cabin is in the Museum at Blue Mountain Lake.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread