No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
LED utility lights ? #6352902
10/21/18 10:37 AM
10/21/18 10:37 AM
kentucky
L
logger coffey Offline OP
trapper
logger coffey  Offline OP
trapper
L

kentucky
Ok, im on private property in ky, so thats out of the way, I dig for arrowheads and other relics . i camp in most of my places that i dig . im wanting to know how long these led lights can run off of a car battery, i think there supposed to run a long time, but have never messed with leds before. will probably go with the tractor utility lights. most of the time if im on my own place i use my gen welder for power but its just to costly, and thers places i need to go i just cant get the truck to. So will these leds last a pretty good while running off of a battery ??

Last edited by logger coffey; 10/21/18 11:30 AM.
Re: LED utility lights ? [Re: logger coffey] #6352940
10/21/18 11:41 AM
10/21/18 11:41 AM
Magna, Utah
G
GritGuy Offline
trapper
GritGuy  Offline
trapper
G

Magna, Utah
Easy and cheap enough to do your own test, get a light and hook it up to a battery, let it run and time it out,

You don't like the time your only out a kitchen light or a shop bulb !

They draw less than regular lights which are not being made any more, so your going to end up with them sooner or later any way !

[Linked Image]

Sorry if my opinions or replies offend you, they are not meant to !

Re: LED utility lights ? [Re: logger coffey] #6352954
10/21/18 12:12 PM
10/21/18 12:12 PM
Kentucky
K
Kyt Offline
trapper
Kyt  Offline
trapper
K

Kentucky
LED's in general draw much less current than incandescent bulbs. BUT it all depends on how powerful the LED's are and how many of them are lit at a time. If you try to light a football field with LEDs you obviously will have a huge power drain.

The lights should have listed in their specifications how many Watts they use, or how many amps and volts they are. 12 volts times 10 amps equals 120 watts, for example. Most LEDs use very low voltage and a few thousandths of an amp. If you can hook up 12 volts to them they have to have an internal electronic circuit that reduces the voltage to below their max, or they will burn out quick.

All that to say this: if you know how many watts they consume, and how long you plan to have them lit, you can figure the power consumption. If you know how many watts your battery can produce, and for how long,you can figure if it is enough. If you don't want to mess with all that, see Gritguys plan above.

Re: LED utility lights ? [Re: logger coffey] #6353031
10/21/18 02:32 PM
10/21/18 02:32 PM
N.J.
PineDoggin Offline
trapper
PineDoggin  Offline
trapper

N.J.
https://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/led-boat-lights/ can't beat LED's ,brighter and a lot less amp draw.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread