No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
LARGE WOOD/TIMBER PILES FOR TRAPPING #6352955
10/21/18 12:13 PM
10/21/18 12:13 PM
Western North Carolina
T
Trappingstudent Offline OP
trapper
Trappingstudent  Offline OP
trapper
T

Western North Carolina
Looking for suggestions as I am a cage trapper and this season have secured permission to trap along a cattle ranch where the forest meets the pasture. My question is that I see several very old large wood/timber piles left over from logging done several years ago, some are about 10 feet high and maybe 30 feet long and have never had this situation to use for trapping....... Who ever has experience with this kind of structure please advise if best to set in among the timber or out away from it with good flagging ? Getting ready for season and just need pest plan of attack, after mainly for BOBCATS... Thanks for any and all suggestions !

Re: LARGE WOOD/TIMBER PILES FOR TRAPPING [Re: Trappingstudent] #6353029
10/21/18 02:24 PM
10/21/18 02:24 PM
PA
L
lumberjack391 Offline
trapper
lumberjack391  Offline
trapper
L

PA
Find a cubby or crevise in the woodpile and bait/lure heavily.

Re: LARGE WOOD/TIMBER PILES FOR TRAPPING [Re: Trappingstudent] #6353085
10/21/18 04:32 PM
10/21/18 04:32 PM
meadowview, Virginia
E
EdP Offline
trapper
EdP  Offline
trapper
E

meadowview, Virginia
In western Ky the piles of pushed up timber from farmland clearing operations are possum havens and not much else. I hope you have better results.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread