No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Avoided a disaster #6356136
10/25/18 05:20 AM
10/25/18 05:20 AM
Midlands South Carolina
S
SGT. C Offline OP
trapper
SGT. C  Offline OP
trapper
S

Midlands South Carolina
Yesterday had a very large woods kitty come into the back yard. Glad my handyman seen it. My two dogs would have gotten sprayed for sure. The fox terrier and the lab pup love to chase everything, so I'm certain they would have spent their first night ever outside.
A couple of shots with the .22 and he was done but not forgotten. Must have gotten a little bit of juice on my boot and now the smell is in my truck. I bagged him and off he went to the dump. Never have had them enter the yard, but this one sure did and was headed towards the house. Things are getting interesting around my place with all the wildlife showing up. As mentioned before, I have deer in my backyard and now skunks. Seems strange, because this time of the year. The deer are far back into the woods and not near the house. But oh well, sure makes things interesting when having your coffee on the porch and a rifle by your side.
I killed a 17 1/2 inch 8 point from the porch last December while having coffee at 5:30 pm. Talk about a short drag. He was taking an evening stroll down the fence line. I love living in the woods. Sarge

Getting old is a fatal mistake

Always looking for reloading componets

I know a beaver or two, because I've seen a beaver or two
Re: Avoided a disaster [Re: SGT. C] #6356148
10/25/18 06:26 AM
10/25/18 06:26 AM
potter co. p.a.
P
pcr2 Offline
"Twerker"
pcr2  Offline
"Twerker"
P

potter co. p.a.

i can relate,all taken from my desk

Re: Avoided a disaster [Re: SGT. C] #6356267
10/25/18 08:45 AM
10/25/18 08:45 AM
IL - Shawnee Ntl Forest
ShawneeMan Offline
trapper
ShawneeMan  Offline
trapper

IL - Shawnee Ntl Forest
I couldn't live in town - would drive me crazy...

Shawnee National Forest - We live out here because we're not all there.
http://www.ripcordassociation.com
101 Pathfinder Det / Vietnam 1969 - 1971
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread