No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Full Metal Jacket fiasco trap hanging line broke!! #6364684
11/04/18 09:57 AM
11/04/18 09:57 AM
Lebanon, Missouri
H
H5Farm Offline OP
trapper
H5Farm  Offline OP
trapper
H

Lebanon, Missouri
I recently moved to a new farm and installed a trap hang line made from cable and metal S hooks bent closed around the line. Usually I dip my traps twice a few days apart and they come out perfect. I been using this line for years.

I installed my new line using some screw in eye bolts into two solid oak trees and some cable line tightners to get it tight as the are adjustable. I never used these tightners before.

Well I as dipping my traps about 18 dog proofs, 10 MB-650s, 6 Duke #4s, 5 MB-550s and 4 Duke#3s,12 bridger #2 dogless and a few 5 inch conibears.

Anyways I was down to the last 4 traps when the aluminium cable line tightners straightened out and broke. All my traps went crashing into the dirt while still wet. I redid the line with steel chain in place of the aluminum tightners (bad idea). Then I clean them off and hurried to re-dip them all and rehanged them.

I let them dry a few days. Now I notice alot of them are peeling in spots and flaking off, which has never happened. I dont have anymore full metal jacket to re dip them as I had to throw it out it was full some dirt and debris from the falling.

Should I buy more and re dip? Even the ones that are peeling or should I try and clean them off then re-dip. Or just say the heck with it and roll on onto next year. I dont use much salt anyways.

Atleast my new trap hanging line has held for a over a week now lol.

Last edited by H5Farm; 11/04/18 10:00 AM.
Re: Full Metal Jacket fiasco trap hanging line broke!! [Re: H5Farm] #6364742
11/04/18 11:30 AM
11/04/18 11:30 AM
Garden,Michigan
B
Buck (Zandra) Offline
trapper
Buck (Zandra)  Offline
trapper
B

Garden,Michigan
I wouldn't worry about it,it won't hurt a thing.

Buck(formely known as Zandra)
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread