No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
Re: Who goes directly to Hades? [Re: Marty] #6370761
11/10/18 11:00 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Online content
trapper
loosegoose  Online Content
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Jesus's death was all sufficient. There's nothing you can't be saved from. If you believe that jesus's death and resurrection wasn't a good enough sacrifice to save someone, I don't think we believe in the same Jesus. The thing that sends someone to (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) is denial of the free gift of salvation. Accepting that gift cleanses you of all sin. Plain and simple.

Last edited by loosegoose; 11/10/18 11:01 PM.
Re: Who goes directly to Hades? [Re: Marty] #6370762
North East Kansas
Marty Offline OP
trapper
Marty  Offline OP
trapper

North East Kansas
Is there a term for that?

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Who goes directly to Hades? [Re: traprjohn] #6370768
11/10/18 11:11 PM
11/10/18 11:11 PM
Iowa
M
mink99 Offline
trapper
mink99  Offline
trapper
M

Iowa
Originally Posted by traprjohn
Originally Posted by Jurassic Park
I thought as long as you;re a Christian you go to heaven. Murderer or raper or whatever. Am I wrong?

Nope, you are right.

Christians per the Bibles definition are the saved.

Societies definition of Christians is way different and not scripturally supported.

Once we accept Christ and get saved, our sins of the past are forgiven, for free.

Even Hitler could be in Heaven, if he got saved before his death.

This is the way I am learning it.

ITA, NTA, FTA
Re: Who goes directly to Hades? [Re: loosegoose] #6370770
11/10/18 11:12 PM
11/10/18 11:12 PM
Iowa
M
mink99 Offline
trapper
mink99  Offline
trapper
M

Iowa
Originally Posted by loosegoose
Jesus's death was all sufficient. There's nothing you can't be saved from. If you believe that jesus's death and resurrection wasn't a good enough sacrifice to save someone, I don't think we believe in the same Jesus. The thing that sends someone to (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) is denial of the free gift of salvation. Accepting that gift cleanses you of all sin. Plain and simple.

This too.

ITA, NTA, FTA
Re: Who goes directly to Hades? [Re: Marty] #6370778
11/10/18 11:22 PM
11/10/18 11:22 PM
Central NC
T
traprjohn Offline
trapper
traprjohn  Offline
trapper
T

Central NC
Originally Posted by Marty
Is there a term for that?

If you mean Loosegooses post, it's called Salvation or getting Saved

www.sevenoakstrappingsupplies.com for trap mods and gear
The 10 Commandments are not suggestions.
Buy a soldiers meal EVERY chance you can.

Re: Who goes directly to Hades? [Re: Marty] #6370782
11/10/18 11:27 PM
11/10/18 11:27 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Blasphemers of the Holy Spirit.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Who goes directly to Hades? [Re: Marty] #6370799
11/10/18 11:54 PM
11/10/18 11:54 PM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Alaska and Washington State
I haven't read all the posts, maybe someone already covered this. I take a little different approach to the question about Hades.

Jesus had plenty to say about Hades but it was never when he was talking to "sinners", it was when he was talking (in a condemning way) to the pious, religious leaders. I don't think you will find anywhere where he ever said something like; "believe in me or you are going to Hades".

Jesus did say many times to "believe in me and you shall have eternal life". Jesus didn't try to scare people into belief by threatening with Hades. Jesus focused on eternal life.

Too many people and churches think they can scare people into following Jesus by threatening them with Hades. Why do so many people teach that way? Jesus didn't.

I don't know who "goes to Hades", maybe some spend eternity in torment, and maybe some just "perish" or cease to exist like a road-killed coon, I don't know, and I can't judge, only God passes judgement.

All I can say is that the gift of eternal life is offered to all who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: Who goes directly to Hades? [Re: Marty] #6370832
11/11/18 01:56 AM
11/11/18 01:56 AM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
My wife has relatives who don't believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. My wife and I have had the chance to believe, but her relatives have not. They have heard of Jesus, but only as an historical figure. Would a loving, merciful God send them to Hades?

So the only unforgivable sin is unbelief. Like every other religion.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Who goes directly to Hades? [Re: James] #6370835
11/11/18 02:05 AM
11/11/18 02:05 AM
East of the Mason-Dixon Line
DelawareRob Offline
trapper
DelawareRob  Offline
trapper

East of the Mason-Dixon Line
Originally Posted by James
My wife has relatives who don't believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. My wife and I have had the chance to believe, but her relatives have not. They have heard of Jesus, but only as an historical figure. Would a loving, merciful God send them to Hades?

So the only unforgivable sin is unbelief. Like every other religion.

Jim

Yup. Believe in me or You’ll burn for eternity... Sorry, I meant, believe in my son who I sent to die for you, or you’ll burn for eternity.

Who is John Galt?

You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to the level of your training.

Semper Paratus
Re: Who goes directly to Hades? [Re: Mike in A-town] #6370840
11/11/18 02:18 AM
11/11/18 02:18 AM
pennsylvania
R
rick brocious Offline
trapper
rick brocious  Offline
trapper
R

pennsylvania
Originally Posted by Mike in A-town
Blasphemers of the Holy Spirit.

Mike

Re: Who goes directly to Hades? [Re: Marty] #6370858
11/11/18 05:57 AM
11/11/18 05:57 AM
SWMo.
T
tjm Offline
trapper
tjm  Offline
trapper
T

SWMo.
Mike lists what is called "the unforgivable sin", blasphemy, Mark 3:28 “Truly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the children of man, and whatever blasphemies they utter, but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin” So, what if the blasphemer repents and accepts the spirit? The sin is eternal but if the sinner comes to believe he will also have eternal life?

I've been told that suicide is unforgivable only because you can never repent. If the spirit lives past physical death, why can't the spirit repent? It is the same spirit that lived in the body, isn't it?
If repentance and acceptance or belief are the qualifiers, then what other sin except suicide could you not repent of?

Or if you take John's report literally, there is only a requirement for belief. Not one other thing. Jesus does not (in John 3) say Repent! he says "whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life"

So, it comes down to unbelief at the moment of death, up til you lose cognizance you still have a chance to accept forgiveness.

But what does eternal life mean? eternal life sounds like it could be in varied circumstance, for if Hades is punishment, would you not have to be alive to notice it? perish also seems to lose or change meaning here, for we all know that Christians die, some even die violently and some die prematurely, so what does perish mean?

Re: Who goes directly to Hades? [Re: Marty] #6370859
11/11/18 06:19 AM
11/11/18 06:19 AM
SWMo.
T
tjm Offline
trapper
tjm  Offline
trapper
T

SWMo.
Blasphemy came into the English language in the 13th century, and for the first several hundred years of its life had but a single meaning, “the act of insulting or showing contempt or lack of reverence for God.”

So how did that read before 1200?

Re: Who goes directly to Hades? [Re: Marty] #6370863
11/11/18 06:29 AM
11/11/18 06:29 AM
Firth, Nebraska
jabNE Offline
trapper
jabNE  Offline
trapper

Firth, Nebraska
I'm sure one could find all kinds of ways to fall out of favor with the Lord.

Money cannot buy you happiness, but it can buy you a trapping license and that's pretty close.
Re: Who goes directly to Hades? [Re: loosegoose] #6370890
11/11/18 07:36 AM
11/11/18 07:36 AM
Western Wisconsin
T
TraderVic Offline
trapper
TraderVic  Offline
trapper
T

Western Wisconsin
Originally Posted by loosegoose

The description above summarizes the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

John 14:6 "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." Jesus states He is the only way to the Father (God).

Matthew 7:21 "Not everyone who says to me 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven." Jesus states not everyone who calls themselves a follower of Jesus Christ will enter heaven because these same people aren't "walking the talk", or walking in God's ways, humble and repentant.

God, the Almighty, is holy and cannot allow any sin in His presence in heaven. We (every single one of us, no exceptions whatsoever) are born of a sinful nature and all of us sin. Jesus Christ died on the cross, His blood atoned for our sin, thus transferring God's righteousness to each of us who accept Jesus Christ into our hearts as our Lord and Savior. We all need a Savior to go to heaven when we leave this world and proceed to the "other side". God gives us the freedom of choice, we accept Jesus Christ as our Savior, and when we do we reject the ways of this world (what this world thinks is good, etc....), walk in His ways. The Bible is our guide to living.
If you choose to reject Jesus Christ, you will live forever as well, BUT apart from God.

Regarding sin.....ALL sin is forgivable by God. Forgiveness, God's Grace, is a free gift to all who accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. There is nothing any of us can do to earn our salvation, nothing !

Re: Who goes directly to Hades? [Re: Marty] #6370904
11/11/18 07:51 AM
11/11/18 07:51 AM
Southeast Ohio
amspoker Offline
trapper
amspoker  Offline
trapper

Southeast Ohio
Hades just means the grave. Same as Sheol of the old testament Hebrew.

Christ said He would be in the heart of the earth three days.
Matt 12
…39Jesus replied, “A wicked and adulterous generation demands a sign, but none will be given it except the sign of the prophet Jonah. 40For just as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

David said His (Christ's) soul would not be left in Hades, nor would His flesh see corruption.

Acts 2
25 For David says concerning Him:

‘I foresaw the Lord always before my face,
For He is at my right hand, that I may not be shaken.
26 Therefore my heart rejoiced, and my tongue was glad;
Moreover my flesh also will rest in hope.
27 For You will not leave my soul in Hades,
Nor will You allow Your Holy One to see corruption.
28 You have made known to me the ways of life;
You will make me full of joy in Your presence.’

29 “Men and brethren, let me speak freely to you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his tomb is with us to this day. 30 Therefore, being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that of the fruit of his body, [d]according to the flesh, He would raise up the Christ to sit on his throne, 31 he, foreseeing this, spoke concerning the resurrection of the Christ, that His soul was not left in Hades, nor did His flesh see corruption.

Hades= the grave.

Levi
Re: Who goes directly to Hades? [Re: Marty] #6370991
11/11/18 09:48 AM
11/11/18 09:48 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Online content
trapper
loosegoose  Online Content
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Nobody is beyond salvation. Likley everyone here is a murderer and aldulterer. Jesus said if you hate someone, you've already murdered them in your heart. If you've looked at a woman with list, you've already committed aldultery with her in her heart. If you're guilty of one point of the law, you're guilty is all of it. Osama bin laden, Hitler, Kermit gosnell, Margret Sanger, slave owners, Mohammed atta, child rapists, every single one of them will be in heaven IF they accept that they are/were a sinner beyond hope, repented of those sins and accepted the free gift of salvation from Jesus before they died. Likley some of them wont or didn't though, of course. Salvation is by God's grace, not by works, lest any man should boast. (We can't say I might be bad, but. at least I'm not as bad as X, so surely I deserve to get in.)

Re: Who goes directly to Hades? [Re: Marty] #6371014
11/11/18 10:24 AM
11/11/18 10:24 AM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Y

Marion Kansas
Remember it's not belief that gets you there (after all Satan believes who Jesus is) it's true acceptance of who Jesus is as your savior that is the key. My two cents worth.

Re: Who goes directly to Hades? [Re: Marty] #6371039
11/11/18 11:05 AM
11/11/18 11:05 AM
Iowa
M
mink99 Offline
trapper
mink99  Offline
trapper
M

Iowa
I see a lot of people want to squirm around to satisfy their own beliefs. But there is only one way and that is acceptance in Jesus Christ. Your good works won't get you to heaven alone.

Last edited by mink99; 11/11/18 11:06 AM.

ITA, NTA, FTA
Re: Who goes directly to Hades? [Re: mink99] #6371154
11/11/18 01:50 PM
11/11/18 01:50 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
Originally Posted by mink99
I see a lot of people want to squirm around to satisfy their own beliefs. But there is only one way and that is acceptance in Jesus Christ. Your good works won't get you to heaven alone.

I thought it was "Confess He is Lord and believe God raised Him from the dead?"

-Goofy-
Re: Who goes directly to Hades? [Re: HobbieTrapper] #6371173
11/11/18 02:21 PM
11/11/18 02:21 PM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Originally Posted by mink99

I thought it was "Confess He is Lord and believe God raised Him from the dead?"

Your thinking sounds more like just wanting to be and act ignorant.

The post above is correct! Your thinking is in reference to who and what Christ is and what He is saving those who believe in Him from.

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread