No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Indian Rock [Re: eric space] #6372606
11/13/18 10:14 AM
11/13/18 10:14 AM
Mississippi
Mississippi Offline
trapper
Mississippi  Offline
trapper

Mississippi
that is a very nice collection. thanks for sharing. I have 2 Indian mounds on my property but never found anything but some arrowheads

Spending time with kids outdoors will built memories that last a lifetime.
Re: Indian Rock [Re: eric space] #6375115
11/16/18 12:54 PM
11/16/18 12:54 PM
wantage n.j.
E
eric space Offline OP
trapper
eric space  Offline OP
trapper
E

wantage n.j.
Here is a better picture of the rock. Second picture is where the glacier pushed it out of the rock face thousands of years ago. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Indian Rock [Re: eric space] #6375181
11/16/18 03:20 PM
11/16/18 03:20 PM
Mn
N
nightlife Offline
trapper
nightlife  Offline
trapper
N

Mn
Originally Posted by eric space
Here is a better picture of the rock. Second picture is where the glacier pushed it out of the rock face thousands of years ago. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Eric I know that for years such rocks were said to have been put there by glaciers but there is a growing number of archeologists that now believe they were actually moved and placed by preindian people because there are some that are just like that but are outside the range of glaciers

Why they would do it I don’t know anymore then why they would assemble large piles of stone and stack them up into mounds or move rocks to connect one rock outcropping to another but there is plenty of evidence that they did just that

�Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.�
― Robert A. Heinlein
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread