No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Thanksgiving Day Red Fox #6379501
11/22/18 11:11 AM
11/22/18 11:11 AM
SW Pa
B
Bob Jameson Offline OP
trapper
Bob Jameson  Offline OP
trapper
B

SW Pa
While preparing our meal for today and constantly looking out our many windows and French doors in our cozy log home this brisk fall day I noticed a flash of red/orange up by our old chicken pen by the old water bath area. I thought it may be a local barn cat I have seen on occasion before. However the tail looked too bushy and it was carried high and more parallel to the ground unlike a domestic cat.

It was just a brief glance. I have seen that color and flash of orange disappearing into the brushy area along an access path I have cut in through our property and woods before. It has been some time but I know fox, coyote, bobcats,coon and fisher have traveled thru here many times in the past. Many tracks, droppings I have found over my years living in the woods. Many kills have shown their frequent visits here as well.

In fact the last goose and duck we had for many years were killed by a bobcat and fisher. Always a beautiful sight to see nature come alive so close to you. It does have its down sides with predators so close all the time. I had several grey squirrels feeding at our back yard bird feeder this morning and I had just put some fresh nuts that I gathered yesterday to place in the backyard. They were busy running back and forth eating some and burying some in their travels.

I saw the red fox emerge and dash into the brush from another one of our paths that I could see it just briefly. Maybe hoping to grab a squirrel he could smell. He came back in sight for a minute, peed on something briefly. I could see it lift its leg from my binoculars then continued out of sight around a bend in an adjoining path. Sure made for a more enjoyable morning on a Thanksgiving day.

I hope everyone has a great day with family, friends or even if you are dining alone. I have done that a few times in my life and I enjoyed it just as much as usually I am out on the line far from home during those times.

Re: Thanksgiving Day Red Fox [Re: Bob Jameson] #6379516
11/22/18 11:26 AM
11/22/18 11:26 AM
potter co. p.a.
P
pcr2 Offline
"Twerker"
pcr2  Offline
"Twerker"
P

potter co. p.a.
great read,the red fox ran our river bottom hard last night and just had a doe and 2 fawns walk through about 50 yds from the house headed to the cornfield.

have a blessed day sir.

Re: Thanksgiving Day Red Fox [Re: Bob Jameson] #6379520
11/22/18 11:30 AM
11/22/18 11:30 AM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline
trapper

se South Dakota
Critters will find a way. Happy Thanksgiving!!

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Genesis 1:26
Re: Thanksgiving Day Red Fox [Re: Bob Jameson] #6379526
11/22/18 11:34 AM
11/22/18 11:34 AM
potter co. p.a.
P
pcr2 Offline
"Twerker"
pcr2  Offline
"Twerker"
P

potter co. p.a.
many,many a year this was the biggest day of the year for a whole lot of people,me included.PA been weird since i was little.by the forcast i should be at it soon.and i need it even after 42 seasons.

Re: Thanksgiving Day Red Fox [Re: Bob Jameson] #6379560
11/22/18 12:33 PM
11/22/18 12:33 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Y

Marion Kansas
Good story, thanks for sharing Bob. A blessed Thanksgiving Day to all of you!!
Seth

Re: Thanksgiving Day Red Fox [Re: Bob Jameson] #6379581
11/22/18 01:04 PM
11/22/18 01:04 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

Really enjoyed the story. Happy Thanksgiving!

Re: Thanksgiving Day Red Fox [Re: Bob Jameson] #6379783
11/22/18 07:50 PM
11/22/18 07:50 PM
iowa
U
unclej Offline
trapper
unclej  Offline
trapper
U

iowa
Its cool to see stuff like that.