No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
All TRAPPERS NEW MEXICO TRAPPING RULES #6384955
11/28/18 11:44 PM
11/28/18 11:44 PM
South Dakota
T
TravC Offline OP
"MCnasty"
TravC  Offline OP
"MCnasty"
T

South Dakota
Another commision meeting comeing up

PREDATOR CALLERS AND TRAPPERS IN NEW MEXICO
ATTENTION
Dont be mistaken a fight in new mexico is comeing!!!!!! if you hunt or trap new mexico coyotes and furbearers and want to continue to do so we need to fight togeather. It will start at the game commision meetings and will be in the legislature. This is the first of the fight stand up and be heard we cant do it alone
New governer new legislature this is the first fight of many to come please email the new mexico game commision and support trapping at

Ispa@state.nm.us

COMMISSION MEETING AGENDA BRIEFING

Meeting Date: November 30, 2018 Agenda Number: 11
Presenter: Stewart Liley Corroborator: N/A
Agenda Title: Trapping and Furbearer Rule 19.32.2 NMAC
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
1. Summary of Agenda Item
The Department will present proposed changes to the Trapping and Furbearer Rule 19.32.2
NMAC for Commission discussion and direction. Proposed changes include mandatory
trapper education, increasing set back requirements, allowance for closure of areas to
trapping, signage, and further defining the definition of trail.
2. Background Information
At the October 5, 2018, Commission meeting the Department discussed the results of
trapping stakeholder meetings and sought Commission input on potential rule changes for
trapping which could include things such as mandatory trapper education, setback
requirements, closures, and penalties. At that meeting, the Commission gave direction to the
Department to consider changes to setback requirements, mandatory trapper education,
and allowances for closures in certain circumstances.
3. Strategic Plan References and Possible Impacts of Agenda Item
The process as presented to the Commission meets the Conservation Services Program
Objectives 1 and 15 of the Department’s Strategic Plan: FY 2013 – FY 2018
4. Considerations Regarding Duplications and/or Conflicts with Existing Rules or
Statutes
None
5. Description and Summary of Public Involvement Process and Results
The Department engaged in four (4) trapping stakeholder meetings from November
2017 to March of 2018. The stakeholders consisted of individuals representing both
pro-trapping and anti-trapping organizations. The Department will also hold a
listening session on the proposed changes prior to the November Commission meeting.
6. Suggested Motion
This is a discussion item and no motion is necessary, unless Commission direction
dictates otherwise.
Page 1 of 1

There i said it....
Re: All TRAPPERS NEW MEXICO TRAPPING RULES [Re: TravC] #6384997
11/29/18 12:39 AM
11/29/18 12:39 AM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
Is that one in Roswell?

I missed last night's meeting. I was planning on going but my body barely got through the kids practice. The 1.5 mile drive home was excruciating. I sent them an email just in case I was unable to attend

Did anyone go to last night's meeting?

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread